Guitars are the favourite musical instruments of the teenagers and youngsters. Acoustic Guitars are one of the demanding and best guitars for beginners and music lovers. A music lover knows the right value of these instruments and has a keen urge to learn as how to play it. Acoustic Guitars produces sound without using any amplified devices.
The main source of the guitar is the string. It can vibrate at the necessary frequencies and creates many harmonics at different frequencies. Anyone interested to learn can learn easily go through an online course and teaching classes.
But choosing a guitar is a big hurdle, as many factors take place in buying a guitar for yourself.
One must choose an acoustic guitar that matches your musical style, budget and skill level. Don’t buy a wrong guitar in confusion. We can try to help you to find the best Acoustic Guitar from various guitar models as per your needs. A Guitar is made of a wide range of woods, design elements, hardware, features, and many other specifications.
In our Best Acoustic Guitar in India buying guide, we will explain all the factors, features, and specifications that one needs to consider before buying an acoustic guitar.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Acoustic Guitars in India 2020
|Juârez||96 x 43 x 12 cm||2 Kg|
|Fender CD60s||117.1 x 48.8 x 18.8 cm||2.84 Kg|
|Cort AD810||115 x 53 x 16 cm||5.6 Kg|
|Yamaha F310||89 x 12.1 x 10.9 cm||2.4 Kg|
|Ibanez MD39C-NT||40 x 18.5 x 5 cm||2.85 Kg|
|Yamaha FS100C||38 x 63 x 96 cm||5.32 Kg|
|Kadence||100 x 17 x 43 cm||2.66 Kg|
|Martin Smith||102 x 10 x 38 cm||1.8 Kg|
|Intern INT-38C||97 x 42 x 11 cm||2.1 Kg|
|Breve BRE-38C-BK||96.5 x 35.6 x 8.9 cm||2.4 Kg|
Which Are the 10 Best Acoustic Guitars in India for 2020?
1. Juârez Acoustic Guitar (38 Inch Cutaway, JRZ38C with Bag, Strings, Pick and Strap, 3TS Sunburst)
Juarez JRZ38C Acoustic Guitar is a 38-inch guitar. It is a leading brand that is highly attractive to look and has great style. Its neck material is made from linden wood and bridge material that is made from plastic.
Juarez Acoustic Guitar is made from linden wood. It is made from nylon and side materials that are made from linden. It provides good quality sound and has an innovative style and look.
- It comes with a black glossy finish and 18 frets.
- It comes with bag, straps, strings and 2 picks.
- It has an innovative design that produces a good-quality of sound.
- Its dimensions are 96 x 43 x 12 cm.
- The product has linden binding and full wood construction with geared-tuning, wood frame and steel strings.
- It has a comfortable string height. Its low action reduces hand fatigue and is easy on the finger.
- It has a smooth tuning peg and easy adjustments that keep the guitar in tune.
- It has a solid wooden top that produces smooth and rich sound.
Things We Like
- It has great looks and innovative design.
- It is light weight.
- Its finger board is made of linden wood, and the fretboard is made of ebony wood.
- It comes with a bag, strap,strings and 2 pics.
2. Fender CD60s Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar (Mahagony)
Fender CD60s is the popular model of guitar and is suitable for high quality affordable dreadnought with great tone and excellent playability. It has a solid spruce top, easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard and mahogany back and sides.
- It has a solid Spruce top and has a strengthen, brightness and dynamic range.
- This best acoustic guitar has a solid mahogany back and sides that deliver a balanced tone with plenty of volume and mid-range.
- It has an easy to play neck with rolled fingerboard edges.
- The weight of the product is 2.84 Kg.
- Its dimensions are 117.1 x 48.8 x 18.8 cm.
Things We Like
- It has a comfortable rolled fingerboard edges.
- Its strings offer a warm tone with good resonant qualities.
- It’s mahogany top, back and sides gives it an attracting look.
- The die-cast tuners ensure that the strings stay in tune.
- It has a long lasting finish that helps to maintain the guitar looks.
- The neck and fingerboard are so smooth.
3. Cort AD810 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag, Tuner, Picks and Strap
Cort AD810 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is the perfect brand for the starter and beginners in India. It is an ideal balance for flexibility and strength. It is perfect for a variety of music genres and playing styles.
The guitar has a high quality coating on the strings that resists, humidity, dirt and sweat. It is one of the best acoustic guitars for beginners from the brand Cort.
- The weight of the guitar is 5.6 Kg.
- Its dimensions are 115 x 53 x 16 cm.
- The guitar comes along with accessories such as a gig bag, E310C tuner, picks and straps.
- The warranty of the product is for one year.
- It has 20 frets and rosewood fretboard material.
- The product has one year of manufacturing warranty.
- Its top body material is Spruce and has a Mahogany neck.
Things We Like
- Its wood fretboard is amazing and has better quality strings.
- It has a pleasant sound and great playability.
- It is suitable guitar for beginners and professionals.
4. Yamaha F310, 6-Strings Acoustic Guitar (Natural)
Yamaha F310 is a better quality instrument which has a dreadnought style body. It provides a loud acoustic tone with comfortable playability.
Yamaha is one of the best guitar brands that has passed through lots of checking process and strict quality test. Yamaha F Series Guitars gives high durability and stability.
- It has a traditional western body style.
- The product has one year of warranty.
- Its weight is 2.4 kg, and dimensions are 89 x 12.1 x 10.9 cm.
- It has better quality, design and sound.
- It is the best acoustic guitar that consists of back, sides, a spruce top.
- It has a shorter scale length, and its specifically designed to be kinder on fingertips with slight shorter strings.
- It provides little tension, extra playing comfort with no loss of tone.
- It has 120 watts of audio wattage that adds more possibilities.
Things We Like
- It is one of the best acoustic guitars for beginners.
- It’s shortened scale-length gives ease of playing
- It has a better sound quality, and fretboard touch is smooth.
- It is ISO certified and gives three years warranty for quality assurance.
- It has a better and bright-sound quality.
Things We didn’t like
- The steel-strings quality could have improved better.
5. Ibanez MD39C-NT 39″ Cutaway Acoustic Guitar (MD39CSB)
Ibanez MD39C-NT 39″ Guitar is built with excellent craftsmanship and functionality. It has a better-built quality, quality parts, and a fantastic sound. Ibanez is one of the Best Acoustic Guitar which is a perfect fit for your budget. It is a small sized guitar available at an affordable price and that is great for entry level artists.
- It has a sturdy design and backpack straps.
- The size of the guitar is 39 inches.
- It has 6 number of strings and 20 frets.
- The dimensions on the product are 40 x 18.5 x 5 cm.
- The top design material is Spruce and it has rosewood fingerboard.
- It has a sunburst natural finish.
Things We Like
- The guitar is water resistant.
- It has a suitable and stylish design.
- The bag has a durable nylon outer shell.
6. Yamaha FS100C Acoustic Guitars (Natural)
Yamaha FS-100C 6-String Acoustic Guitar is a perfect guitar that offers the same focus on design, quality and sound. It is the perfect instrument for students or seasoned guitar player alike. FS-100C 6-String Acoustic Steel Guitar is another model from Yamaha in Indian market that is the choice of many guitarists, specially when they have to perform live.
- It has 63.4 cm of fretboard length, 21 frets and 6 no. of strings.
- The weight of the guitar is 3 kg.
- Its dimensions are 38 x 63 x 96 cm.
- It is a good acoustic guitar with a better quality of design & sound.
Things We Like
- It is suitable for kids and absolute beginners.
- It is a better quality product.
- This guitar is perfect for solo and leads playing.
7. Kadence Frontier Series Acoustic Guitar With Truss Rod, Brown, Combo With Bag, 1 Pack Strings, Strap And Picks
Kadence Frontier is the super quality acoustic guitar, and its ergonomic design makes it easy to play. It is perfect for beginners and is used for daily practice sessions. Any beginner and professional can use it with ease. It is one of the Best Acoustic Guitars from Kadence. This brand also brings another perfect piece which is Kadence Frontier Series Black Acoustic Guitar that is a Semi-Acoustic Guitar. Both models are suitable for both, professional and beginners.
- It has 20 number of frets and 6 no. of strings.
- It has a brown colour, and its neck, fretboard and bridge-material is of rosewood.
- The weight of the guitar is 2 kgs and has a dimension of 100 x 17 x 43 cm.
- It includes one pack of strings, bags, straps and picks.
- Its scale size is 39 inches.
- The product comes with six months of manufacturing warranty.
Things We Like
- It has a fantastic colour and better sound quality.
- The body of guitar is made of spruce wood.
- It provides excellent durability, and its part is made of high quality material.
- It is comfortable to play and is ISO certified.
Things We didn’t like
- It doesn’t have a good string quality.
- The carry bag quality is not up to the mark.
8. Martin Smith W-101-N-PK Acoustic Guitar Super Kit with Stand (Natural)
Martin Smith W-101-N-PK Acoustic Guitar Super Kit with Stand is a well-designed guitar that produces a good quality, well-defined, crisp and bright sound. It comes with everything that the person needs to start the guitar immediately.
This guitar comes with great looks and innovative features that make it highly attractive. Its compact size and audible sound make it the right pick to play the music anywhere and anytime. If you are a music lover, then this guitar from the house of Martin Smith is the must-buy.
- The size of the guitar is 39 inch.
- The dimension of the guitar is 102 x 10 x 38 cm.
- The weight of the guitar is 1.8 kg.
- It is suitable for beginners and students.
- It has a hi-gloss finish and slimline coloured body.
- It comes with a high-quality stand for the guitar. It keeps the guitar safe and secure when not in use.
- It has steel strings full-scale neck.
- It comes with geared machine heads, guitar picks, picks holder, guitar strap and spare strings.
- It has a clip-on tuner that assures the user in the key.
- It comes with a lightweight guitar bag. It keeps the guitar safe while moving.
Things We Like
- It is handy.
- The brand provides free online lessons for the latest tracks.
- It reduces hand fatigue.
- It gives comfort while playing music.
- It takes less space in the storage place.
- The brand gives a manufactures warranty for one year.
9. Intern INT-38C Acoustic Guitar (Sunburst)
Intern Guitar offers a great range of musical instruments and necessary accessories. This Acoustic Guitar produces good quality of music and has a compact size and acoustic-tone. It gives wings to your passion and easy to play.
This Acoustic Guitar Kit contains one strap, 6 strings and three picks.
- Its material is made of linden wooden with ebony wood, and fretboard.
- It has a 38-inch cutaway design.
- The product has a glossy sunburst finish with 18 frets.
- Its dimensions are 97 x 42 x 11 cm.
- It has linden-binding and full wood-construction with geared tuning, steel-strings and wood frame.
- It has a plastic bridge-material.
- It comes with low action strings that reduce hand fatigue and is easy on the fingers.
- Its fingerboard is made of from Linden wood that creates a resonating tone.
Things We Like
- It is a budget friendly guitar by intern and you will find a set of extra strings.
- It falls in the price range of 2000-3000.
10. Breve BRE-38C-BK Acoustic Guitar with Bag (Black)
Breve BRE-38C-BK is a great musical instrument that comes with necessary accessories. It helps to produce good-quality music and has an amazing design.
It has a compact-size and acoustic-tone that makes it a right pick to play music anywhere.
- It is a 38 inches Guitar that allows easy access to higher frets.
- It comes with a six-string acoustic guitar that is ideal for strumming.
- The product has a smooth tuning pegs that are easy to adjust and keep the guitar in tune.
- It contains a bag, strap, strings, case and belt.
- The weight of the product is 2.4 Kg.
- It’s dimensions are 96.5 x 35.6 x 8.9 cm.
Things We Like
- It is comfortable and easy to anywhere.
- It has an attracting black finish.
- It is a good guitar to start teaching beginners and kids.
- The guitar provides better sound-quality.
Best Acoustic Guitar Brands
- Martin Smith
What is an Acoustic Guitar?
Acoustic Guitar is a modern instrument often referred to as “steel string acoustic”. It produces sound acoustically by transmitting the vibration of the strings to the air. The instrument is not amplified and gives normal sound through the sounding board.
How to Choose The Best Acoustic Guitars?
Purpose of Buying
If you want to learn guitar lessons or a beginner, then it is the best option for you. The other reason could be you need an upgrade and want to replace the old guitar.
Or else you want to perform it at the concert. No matter what is your reason Acoustic guitar is the great option one can go with. For performance, electric guitar or acoustic guitars have an option to connect the amplifiers.
Skill Level – Amateur or Advanced
If you are an amateur and doesn’t want to spend on a high-end acoustic guitar, then you can select a guitar with strong built, great sounding and low to mid-range guitars.
In case you need an upgrade, you must know the difference between various tonewoods and how the soundboard affects resonance. Most of the great instruments are built with solid wood that produces a rich, and good quality of sound.
A beginner doesn’t need a high-budget guitar that costs more than 5,000 to 10,000. Look for the guitar that fulfils your basic needs and doesn’t include extra and unwanted features.
In the case of an intermediate or person who wants an upgrade needs to look at certain factors, such as strings, type of wood etc. Professional guitars are expensive. Please note that not all expensive guitars are of good quality.
Construction and Design
To know it’s built and construction one needs to know the basics on acoustic guitar. You will see many differences that will help you to pick the best guitar as per your needs. It includes material, fingerboard, fret board, strings etc. The parts of the guitar are mentioned in detail below.
- Neck: The neck section of the guitar includes fret board, truss-rod, frets and the head section. The neck of the head has a different type of shapes and construction. The neck shapes include “C shape”, “soft v”, “hard v”, “U shape”. “C” is the most used shape these days. It all depends on the comfort level while holding it. It should be strong enough to hold the strings at a place.
- Fret: A Fret is the metal strip placed in the fingerboard. It defines the correct placing of notes. The number of total frets varies in each guitar. It can be 18, or 22 or 24. The total count of frets makes it easy to reach higher notes. It is divided into two types, one is scalloped frets, and the other is fat frets. The scalloped allow fingering in a more precise way, and the other makes bending easier.
- Fingerboard: Fingerboard or the fretboard is the front part of the neck on which strings are placed. The materials used in the fretboard are rosewood, ebony, maple wood etc.
Body of the Guitar: The body of the acoustic guitar is composed of the top known as a soundboard. It is classified into Solid, hollow and semi-hollow body guitars. Solid Body is found in electric guitars that are used to produce popular music genre like rock, jazz, pop etc.
The hollow body is made from the materials used in electric guitars. It produces a bright resonating tone. Whereas semi-hollow bodies produce more resonating sound than the solid body. It includes music genre such as jazz.
Pick Guard: These are designed on the body of the guitar that it should be matching the colour of the headstock. It is made of materials like glass, plastic etc.
Pick Ups: In this, we find the single coil pick guard which produces very bright sound quality. The other type of pickguard is humbucker.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where to Buy Guitars?
One can buy the guitar locally. It will give you a better chance to play the guitar before buying one. Search for a better music store nearby and try a few guitars before buying the one.
2. How Much Good is Acoustic Guitars?
You can get it under 3,000 to 7,000 if you are a beginner. And the best part is it can last upto many years.
3. What is the Difference Between Classical and Acoustic Guitar?
A classical guitar uses nylon string whereas acoustic guitar uses steel string. Classic Guitar is cheaper, light in weight and easy to carry as compared to the modern guitar. Acoustic Guitar is a modern guitar and has better quality. The difference in these two guitars is of strings. Steel strings acoustic guitars produce good sound with a sharper attack to the sound.