In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
In the summers, AC plays a major role to gives cool, airy and fresh environment. Air Conditioners have become an integral and significant part of our homes, especially in the areas of hot and humid temperature. In our daily lives, we use an air conditioner to protect us from encroaching heat, humidity and sweating.
It is the best solution to keep yourself cool and sweat free. When talking about ACs, you must be worried about the high electricity bills due to workings of air conditioners. But do not worry as there are energy efficient air conditioners that save electricity bills.
There are multiples types and brands of air conditioners available in the market that can make your buying decision little confusing. If you are confused between Inverter AC, Window AC or Split AC, then worry not, we are here to help you to buy the Best Ac in India from the authorized sellers.
In our buyers guide we will explain the features, factors to consider, things we like and things we didn’t like.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Air Conditioners in India 2020
|LG 1.5 Ton KS-Q18YNZA||Split||1.5 Ton||5 Star|
|Carrier 1.5 Ton||Split||1.5 Ton||3 Star|
|LG 1 Ton KS-Q12YNXA||Split||1 Ton||3 Star|
|Daikin FTKF50TV||Split||1.5 Ton||5 Star|
|LG 1.5 Ton JS-Q18CPXD2||Split||1.5 Ton||3 Star|
|Hitachi 1 Ton||Window||1.5 Ton||5 Star|
|Carrier Estra Neo||Window||1.5 Ton||5 Star|
|Voltas 185 DZA/185 DZA R32||Window||1.5 Ton||5 Star|
|Carrier 18K Estrella||Window||1.5 Ton||5 Star|
|Whirlpool Magicool 5S||Window||1.5 Ton||5 Star|
Which Are the 10 Best Air Conditioners in India for 2020?
1. LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper, KS-Q18YNZA, White)
LG is the popular and best brand in Indian market for manufacturing best split air conditioners. LG star is a Split AC with auto clean feature that prevents bacteria or mold from breeding and eliminate potential odors from AC. It includes various excellent features such as dual inverter-compressor, a micro dust protection filter, gold fin condenser, ocean-black protection and many more.
- It provides 100% protection from dust, sand, salt, industrial smoke and pollutants.
- It has 1.5 Ton capacity and is suitable for a medium-sized room.
- The product has 5-star ratings and provides better efficiency.
- The annual energy-consumption is 1440 units, and ISSER value is 4.73.
- The product comes with the warranty of one year and ten years on the compressor.
- It has a Copper Condenser-Coil for better cooling and needs low maintenance.
- It comes with R32 refrigerant gas that is environment-friendly.
Things We Like
- It has an energy rating of 5 stars.
- Its dual cool technology that cools fast and saves more.
- Its active energy control saves energy and saves upto 60 per cent.
- The stabilizer free operation ensures better comfort and more savings.
2. Carrier 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper, CAI18EK3R49F0+CI183R4CH90, White)
Carrier 3 Star Split Inverter Air Conditioner has a stabilizer free operation, provides high ambient working and provides low voltage operation. It has a powerful and durable design which gives excellent performance and fast indoor cooling.
It is one of the Best Air Conditioners in India (2020) from Carrier.
- The warranty on the product is of one year, one year on the condenser and ten years on the compressor.
- It has a 1.5-ton capacity and is suitable for small sized room.
- It has a variable speed compressor that adjusts the power depending on the heat load.
- It provides a 3-star energy rating and has an annual energy consumption of 1045.99 units.
- The copper condenser-coil gives better cooling and has low maintenance cost.
Things We Like
- The compressor is energy efficient and has the lowest noise operation.
- It has a stabilizer- free operation and work efficiently.
- It has a powerful and durable design that ensures fastest cooling and better performance.
3. LG 1 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper, KS-Q12YNXA, White)
LG is an Inverter Compressor Air Conditioner and has speed dual rotary motor which saves more energy. It has a higher speed cooling range as compared to conventional compressors. The Dual Inverter AC cools faster, run quieter and last longer. It is made of 100% copper with ocean black protection.
It is one of the Best 1 Ton Split Ac in India from LG.
- It has a variable speed inverter-compressor that adjusts power depending on heat load.
- It has the capacity of 1 Ton and is suitable for the small-sized rooms.
- The energy rating is of 3 stars and has an annual energy consumption of 685.49 units.
- The manufacturing warranty on product is of 10 years on compressor and one year on the product.
- The copper Coil Condenser has better cooling and requires quite low maintenance.
Things We Like
- It is energy saving and has the lowest noise operation.
- It has dual cooling technology which cools fast and saves more.
- The anti-corrosive condenser can provide salty air, dust, rain and other elements.
- It has Himalaya cool technology.
- It comes with Indoor Unit, Outdoor Unit, Remote Control, User manual, Warranty Card and 2 Batteries.
- It provides stabilizer free operation.
- It has R32 Refrigerant with a lower global warming potential.
4. Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper, FTKF50TV, White)
Daikin 1.5 Ton Inverter Split Air Conditioner is designed with inverter technology and provides better cooling. It gives powerful cooling and saves power at higher ambient temperatures compared to other refrigerants.
It has a copper condenser coil for better cooling and requires low maintenance.
- It is suitable for medium-sized rooms of 111 to 150 sq.ft.
- Its maximum energy consumption is 767 units.
- Its Econo mode enables efficient operation by limiting the maximum power consumption.
- It features Neo Swing Compressor. It offers quiet and efficient operations.
- It has a supreme ODU heat exchanger technology to increase durability and longevity.
- It comes with Power Chill operation. It ensures room temperature drops rapidly for immediate comfort.
- The warranty on the product is of one year, one year on the condenser and five years warranty on compressor.
- It has environment-friendly R32 refrigerant gas.
- It features Pm2.5 filter that removes dust, bad odour and harmful dust particles that gives cool and fresh air.
Things We Like
- Its Coanda airflow function operation gives you the best air-conditioning experience.
- It is energy efficient and has the lowest noise operations.
- It comes with a self-diagnosis feature that diagnosis the error and report.
5. LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper, JS-Q18CPXD2, White)
LG is the Best Ac brand in market. LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC has a dual inverter compressor and is designed to provide better and faster cooling. It gives ten years of warranty on the compressor and works for a longer period of time. It also provides monsoon comfort technology that provides the right cooling during monsoon season and humidity. Monsoon comfort-technology prevents overcooling and saves energy upto 36.4 per cent.
- The AC has a 1.5 Ton capacity that is suitable for a medium size room.
- It gives 3-star energy ratings.
- The warranty is of one year on the product and nine years on the compressor.
- Its condenser type is best in class, efficient cooling and easy maintenance.
- The product has Himalaya Cool Technology that cools the room as you switched on the AC.
- It gives protection from pollutants and dust.
Things We Like
- It provides 3 star rating.
- It provides good service and ensures maximum air flow.
- It provides anti-corrosion ocean black protection from Indian Conditions.
Things We Didn’t Like
- There are no extra features in the AC.
- It can produce humming sound or vibration sound while running.
6. Hitachi 1 Ton 5 Star Window AC (RAW511KUD Kaze Plus, White)
Hitachi is an efficient 1 Ton AC that makes efficient use of power and cools hot enclosures in a short time. Its pre-coated aluminium fins ensures the longevity of the AC and provides the fins of the device from corrosion in the long run. The Auto climate technology of the AC automatically adjusts the fan speed suited to the user requirements. It is one of the Best Window Ac in India from Hitachi.
- It has on/off timer that set desired room temperature at a specific time.
- It has an auto restart mode that shows the same settings after a power failure.
- It has an auto filter clean indicator that reminds you when to clean the filter.
- It has 100% copper Tube Condenser that ensures long and better performance.
- It passes 43 quality tests.
- It comes with auto climate technology for a comfortable cooling experience.
- Its powerful mode fan-speed helps to cool down the room quickly.
Things We Like
- It cool the room faster and efficiently.
- The quality of the product is good.
7. Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC (Copper, Estra Neo, CAW18SN5R39F0, White)
Carrier CAW18SN5R39F0 has a superior and elegant looks and ranges in 5 star. It doesn’t just cool smartly, it also relieves the room of any unwanted odour or smoke with a push of the exhaust lever.
It comes with amazing features such as super turbo mode, energy saver mode, auto swing, auto restart, active carbon filter etc.
- It has a 1.5-ton capacity and is suitable for a small room with an area of 111-150 sqft.
- It has a copper condenser-coil that ensures better cooling.
- The product has one year warranty and five years on the compressor.
- It has R32 refrigerant gas with no ozone depletion potential.
- It features Smart Time Guard. It ensures that there is a minimum compressor off time of three minutes before turning on.
- Its energy saver mode automatically shuts down the fan when the compressor is switched off.
- It features electrostatic filter, zeolite filter, active carbon filter and dust filter.
Things We Like
- AC is economical, easy to maintain and install.
- It has silent-operation and provides better and fast cooling.
8. Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC (Copper,185 DZA/185 DZA R32, White)
Voltas is known for manufacturing Best Acs in India. It is an efficient window AC that can be fitted anywhere. It comes with a rotary compressor, anti dust filter and helps to clear the dust inside the air conditioner. It includes the auto restart, timer, sleep mode and turbo mode. It comes with an energy certification of 5 stars making it more energy efficient.
- It provides high ambient cooling and gives instant cooling at even 50°C.
- It has an Active Dehumidifier that senses the indoor humidity and controls it in monsoon.
- It has 100% copper condenser coil, durable and gives efficient cooling.
- Its eco mode optimizes the power consumption and saves electricity bill.
Things We Like
- It comes with an instant cooling turbo mode that cools the room instantly.
- Its sleep mode maintains a comfortable temperature by cutting excessive cooling and power consumption.
- It can cool room temperature instantly.
- The humidifier keeps the room dryness free.
- It is energy efficient and is made of high quality material.
Things We Didn’t Like
- It may produce noise while operating.
9. Carrier 18K Estrella Premium Window AC (1.5 Ton, 5 Star Rating, White)
Carrier 18K Estrella Air Conditioner is high on efficiency but low on energy consumption. This elegantly designed white coloured windows AC comes with latest features.
It is designed to maintain hassle-free cooling to your home. It sets the temperature effortlessly and comes with a Turbo Mode, Sleep Mode, and Anti Dust filters for healthy living.
- It comes with turbo cooling and an eco mode that cools the room and saves the electricity bill.
- It comes with advanced 4-in-1 filter consisting of dust filter, electrostatic filter, carbon filter and zeolite filter.
- It removes dust, pollen gases, odour and bacteria. It ensures fresh, clean and healthy air in your living space.
- The sleep mode maintains a comfortable temperature by cutting cooling and power consumption.
- With I-Detect technology, it enables the AC to shut down in case of errors.
- It features 5 layer coating of the exterior and interior of the AC. It increases durability.
- With Nexgen Dehmudifier, it helps in reducing the humidity level in a room.
Things We Like
- It provides instant-cooling and keeps the room free from dryness.
- It is made of high quality material and is energy efficient.
- It has louvres on the vertical and horizontal bar that cools the room evenly with Super Turbo mode.
10. Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC (Copper, WAC 1.5T Magicool 5S COPR, White)
Whirlpool WAC 1.5T Magicool comes with 6th Sense Technology. It senses and automatically adjusts the cooling depending on the room temperature, ensuring maximum energy savings. It gives better and uniform cooling.
It provides high ambient cooling and gives instant cooling at even 60°C.
- The AC is of 1.5 ton and provides 5-star energy ratings.
- The product comes with one year warranty on the product and five years on compressor.
- It has a copper condenser coil.
- Its dehumidifier senses the indoor humidity and controls it in the monsoon.
- It features Turbo cool with MPFI Technology. It ensures instant comfort and fast cooling.
- Its MPFI uses a unique circuit and capillary design for rapid heat exchange. It offers enhanced cooling capacity and power savings.
- Its 6th Sense sleep function monitors the temperature and maintains the optimum environment for good sleep at night.
Things We Like
- It provides fast and efficient cooling.
- The AC has 5-star energy ratings.
Famous Air Conditioner Brands in India
Types of Air Conditioners
Split AC provides cooling from different areas within a home. Split ACs can cool different rooms at different temperatures. It includes two or more parts. One is the condenser unit that can be installed outdoors, the compact or evaporative units mounted on walls. These parts are connected with conduits, that carry power and refrigerant lines.
Window AC is known as a unitary unit installed in the window of a room.
These types of ACs have an exhaust system that pushes hot air out the back and side. It is suitable for the small room and can cool one room at a time. These are inexpensive and are ideal for small apartments and home.
An Inverter AC is the latest technology. It is used to control the speed of the compressor motor and also regulates the temperature. No doubt Inverter ACs are bit expensive but saves bills.
How to Choose the Air Conditioner for Home & Office?
Size of the Room
First, determine the size of the room and choose Air Conditioner according to it. Different ACs have cooling capacity depending on the size of your room. A one ton AC is suitable for a small room. Whereas 1.5 ton AC is suitable for medium to larger size rooms. The electricity consumption of an AC depends on the amount of heat present in the room. If you are planning to buy Ac for your living room then Split Ac will be the good option for you.
Workings of the Air Conditioner
The Air Conditioner removes the heat inside the room, and one gets the cool air inside the room. However, the ACs doesn’t generate cooling, it only removes excess heat inside the room and thus cooling the room.
- AC has a refrigerant gas, and it first compresses this gas and turns it into a high-pressure hot liquid.
- The hot liquid then flows through the condenser coils where the heat escapes while cooling the liquid.
- After that, the expansion valves convert the high-pressure liquid into low pressure.
- The low-pressure liquid flows through the evaporator coils of the AC. It absorbs the heat from the room and turns it into liquid gas once again.
- This process keeps on repeating.
Size of the AC
To select the size of the AC one must determine the area of the room. If the area of the room is small to medium, then you need 1 ton of AC. In case of a larger room, one must need 1.5 to 2 ton AC. However, the location of the room also takes place.
|AC in Tons||Space|
|0.75 Tons||Small Bedrooms or Office Cabins|
|1 Ton||Small rooms or Conference Hall|
|1.5 Tons||Medium size room or Master Bedroom|
|2 Tons||Living room, Hall or Large Workspace|
In summer months the ACs tend to work on day and night or at least 4 to 8 hours a day. With this much amount of daily usage, it is quite obvious that electricity bill will go high. As per the consumption of electricity, it gets a power rating by the Bureau Of Energy Efficiency(BEE). When AC consumes less electricity that BEE ratings go high. The more electricity consumption ACs have fewer star ratings and that is the important factor to consider to choose the best Ac for your home.
The AC has some common and basic features like auto mode, temperature control, fixed speed and turbo features etc. The other additional features with technology advancements includes sleep mode, fan-speed and various advanced filters that removes the pollutants and dust from the air.
Price is an important factor that plays a significant role. AC is a one-time investment, and you have to use it for a longer period. One must invest in the best AC as you are going to use it for over ten years at least. ACs comes in a different price range and look for AC that is best suited to your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Stabilizer Required for Voltas AC?
Some types of ACs don’t come with compressors. In that case, you need an external stabilizer for a long life of the AC. You can get the stabilizer for 1.5 ton and 2-ton ACs. In the case of voltage fluctuations, you require a stabilizer.
2. Is Stabilizer Required for Window ACs?
If there are voltage fluctuations and your AC runs for a long period, then there is a need for a stabilizer. Without it, an AC would function fine when there are no voltage fluctuations. The stabilizer is used to regulate the voltage as required to feed the load.
3. What are the Benefits of an Inverter AC?
- It saves lots of energy upto 50%.
- It cut downs the electricity cost by 30 to 50% and it’s the ideal option for saving electricity.
- It uses a variable-speed compressor to save energy.
- It helps to cool fast, and the cooling capacity of an inverter AC is upto 130%.