Did you know that every third person is suffering from a Low or High Blood Pressure? The worse thing is, the abnormal blood pressure is often dubbed as a Silent Killer. It kills your body before any symptoms or warning signs appear.
The problem has become quite common in adults due to unhealthy food habits, alcohol consumption, smoking, stress, etc. If it is left untreated, it may occur in kidney-problems, heart attack, diabetes, and other serious health issues.
In today’s competitive world, we get stressed out quickly. The cases of hypertension have grown in recent years – one in every eight Indians is a patient of hypertension.
The good way to tackle or cure any disease is to determine it first. Fortunately, a Blood Pressure Monitor has made it easy to keep tabs on the blood pressure at regular intervals. Therefore, a BP Monitor is a must-have device for older adults or someone suffering from a health condition.
We have prepared a list of Best Blood Pressure (BP) Monitors in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our blood pressure monitors buying guide located towards the bottom of this post. We have mentioned products along with needed information.
Top 10 Blood Pressure Monitors
Which are the Top 10 Best Blood Pressure (BP) Monitors in India 2020?
1. Dr Trust Atrial Fibrillation Digital Automatic BP Monitor
This is engineered by Nureca Inc in the United States. It has numerous intelligent qualities like an indicator of your BP level. It is a combination of advanced technology and power-packed functionalities. It talks in Hindi and English that guides you during the process.
It gives accurate results in one go. With the AFIB technology, it makes it easy to detect AFib, tachycardia and premature contraction. This machine reduces the risk of cardiac-attack by monitoring blood pressure regularly. It also prevents stroke by detecting the most dangerous heart diseases.
- It comes with three colours hypertension backlight panel.
- Its green-light indicates optimal BP.
- The screen will turn yellow to indicate an elevated BP.
- Its red symbol specifies high blood pressure.
- The Warranty is of 5 years on the product.
- Its Zebra lights display show high-quality readings every time. Its large digits on the panel are readable by users.
- This automatic blood pressure monitor works with a simple control button press.
- It comes with the sound system. It is for those with weak eyesight.
- You can turn off the sound-feedback as per your need.
- With an advanced fuzzy logic technology, it measures systolic, diastolic blood pressure & pulse rate. If the AF modes turn off, it works like a standard Blood Pressure monitor.
- It is a portable machine with a US port.
- You can connect it with your tablet, home computer or other compatible power sources.
- The circumference of the cuff is suitable for arms that are somewhere between the 22 to 42cm.
What We Like
- It has a digital display.
- You can charge it with your android mobile charger.
- It has high accuracy.
- It is simple to use.
- Its new technology gives better results.
- It comes with dual talking guidance.
- It provides multiple user memory capacity.
2. Omron HEM 7120 Fully Automatic Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
Now Live Forward with Zero Compromise with this device. It is the next generation of heart care health. It is an automatic blood pressure monitor. It operates on the principle of Oscillometric to provide precise measurements and accurate results. With the one-touch operation, it measures your blood pressure & pulse rate. Besides, it comes with Intellisense Technology that inflates and deflates for the optimum comfort level of each individual user.
It gives the most precise result with comfort and ease. It assists in the prevention of heart disease and strokes by early diagnosis. With Body Movement Detection, it allows you to retake the measurement when the error is occurred due to the body movement. With the compact design, it is portable and easy to use. Therefore, it provides an easy and smooth functioning to the user.
- It is well-designed for general household use.
- Its cuff size is 22-32Cm for the comfortable fitting.
- It comes with the OCR feature that connects non-Bluetooth devices to your smartphone.
- It records the last measurement in its memory to relieve the users from the hassle of manually recording previous reading.
- It detects & displays the irregular heartbeat.
- It comes with body movement and hypertension indicators that help to keep watch on cardiovascular health.
- It has five years of warranty.
What We Like
- It blinks the heartbeat symbol on the device if your systolic & diastolic BP is out of the standard range.
- The brand provides lifetime support to their customers for any product related queries. The contact-number is 0124 492 1700.
3. HealthSense Heart-Mate BP120 Classic Digital BP Monitor
This BP Monitor comes with a friendly interface with a large LCD screen for easy to read BP reading. Its traditional technology has pressure sensors. It can sense your arterial wall vibrations.
This Health Sense Classic Digital Blood Pressure Monitor is highly-reliable in monitoring high blood pressure or hypertension. It comes with a low battery measure function, irregular heart rate detection. With USB connectivity, it is capable of connecting with USB devices such as mobile-charger, desktop or power bank. It is easy to operate and can be used in a noisy environment as well.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on the product.
- The monitor displays systolic, diastolic, respiratory rate, date and time.
- It has an extra-large bright display panel. It provides a black font for clear display.
- It displays an average of 3-readings.
- It provides consistent and accurate results with zero digital errors.
- It gives dual power mode with four batteries and a 6V adapter.
- Its cuff-size is 22-42cm.
- It is perfect for standard and large arms.
- With the skid-proof made, it is a safe-method in monitoring your BP at home.
- It assesses your BP results with WHO globally acclaimed charts. It consists of six-levels ranging from optimal to hypertension.
- If you move during the test, it alerts you.
What We Like
- It is one of the top-models for measuring blood pressure.
- It comes with long battery life.
- It assists you to easily take care of your blood pressure to normal at home without visiting to doctor.
4. Dr Trust USA Digital Smart Electronic BP Monitor
Dr Trust is the leading brand in healthcare solution provider. This Digital Smart BP Machine is a handy and useful device that comes under this brand for blood pressure monitoring at home. It gives an accurate reading as per WHO guidelines. In order to provide more convenient experiences to the user, it comes with a lot of advanced-functionalities.
These Blood Pressure (BP) Monitors are a painless-solution that allows you to monitor BP at home without going to the doctor’s office. It is loaded with Measuring-during-inflation technology to produce the readings faster and accurate. It has passed the stringent regulations of CE, FDA and ISO company to ensure 100% safety. The excellent point is that its free thermostat saves worth Rs 300.
- The warranty is of 5-years on the product.
- It contains 4 AAA Batteries.
- It comes with the Zebra light.
- It is built with a high quality display.
- It has a talking function. It gives you a choice to either operate this functionality if you have weak-eyesight or you can put it on mute as per your desire.
- It can work with the USB. You can simply connect this machine to the computer or tablet for charging.
- It provides conical-cuff to monitor the irregular heartbeat which is an added advantage.
- It comes with elegant black coloured design plus shows the reading in bright white digits.
- Its package contains comfortable arm cuff, flexible tip digital thermometer, set of batteries, etc.
What We Like
- It has timer settings.
- It is easy to carry with you at all times.
- It operates within 3-seconds.
- It can maintain data of two users.
- It can store 120 readings with date and time.
- It has a low battery indicator and auto shut off functions.
What We Didn’t Like
- It is for left-arm only.
5. Rossmax GB102 Aneroid Blood Pressure Monitor
This is a renowned and trustworthy company for medical equipment and kits. This BP machine is one of the professional blood pressure monitors that come under this brand. It is a useful testing device to keep track of the BP levels.
It is a high-precision and high-performance device to track the blood pressure levels daily. It is suitable for the doctor, as well as to measure your blood pressure at home. It has a 300 mmHg Manometer. It can measure the blood pressure in the range from 0 to 300 mmHg.
- It comes with the single-head stethoscope.
- The Warranty is of 2-years on the product.
- It comes with latex-free nylon-cuff that gently fits your upper arm. It takes accurate measurements.
- It comes with the chrome-plated brass air release valve.
- Its batteries have a life of 3000 measurements.
- Its alert-functionality let you know when your BP-level is too high or low.
- It delivers accurate measurement of your pulse rate.
What We Like
- It is lightweight.
- It has a stethoscope.
- It is a top-rated blood pressure monitor.
- It has an alert system.
6. Omron Hem-8712 BP Monitor
Omron is a reliable brand with an impressive performance. This device is engineered by Japenese technology. It is widely popular all over the world. Around 200 million people sold this machine for monitoring blood pressure. It can also monitor body-movements.
This Blood Pressure Monitor from Omron offers a super-utility device to detect an abnormal heartbeat mechanism. It is a battery-operated, high functional blood pressure tracker. The BP tracker keeps a report of your blood pressure and health management. It can be worked at the touch of a button.
- It holds a warranty of five years.
- It is the most reliable machine that is used by health care professionals.
- It displays the accurate output in digital-digits.
- It assures long lasting performance and hassle-free use.
- It has a start & stops function for operations.
7. Dr Morepen BP One BP09 Blood Pressure Monitor
It measures systolic and diastolic BP along with heart rate using the Oscillometric Method. Dr Morepen BP One BP09 measuring device will be an asset for you. It is the superb machine to fulfils today’s lifestyle demands of healthy and conscious monitoring of blood pressure.
It requires four batteries to work. It comes along with a heartbeat detect sensor and an auto shut-off function for power saving. It comes with the LCD display that displays the readings brightly. It lets you store the last few readings so that you can keep an inspection on the trend of your BP.
- It has four user interfaces.
- It comes with the WHO classification indicator.
- The Warranty is 1 year on the product.
- The cuff-size of this monitor is 22cm-42cm.
- It requires four batteries.
- It is perfect for home or clinic usage.
- It comes with four users interface, i.e., 4×30 readings.
What We Like
- It is easier to use.
- It is the accurate BP machine.
- It indicates in case if there is low-battery.
- It has an automatic off feature.
What We Didn’t Like
- As compared to the other automatic blood pressure monitor, it takes a bit longer to deliver the results.
8. Rossmax Ch155 BP Monitor
It runs with one-touch automatic-operation. It comes with Real Fuzzy technology. It automatically detects the body-movements during measurements and reminds you to remain still to prevent from wrong-reading. It can monitor the real-cuff pressure as per the blood pressure & arm-size.
It comes with various accessories like Zipper bag, instruction manual, Latex-free Patented Universal Cuff. With Real-Fuzzy technology, it eliminates the need for setting inflation level before measurement. It has passed various criteria that make it reliable to deliver accurate readings every-time.
- This tool comes with Irregular Heartbeat Detection & Hypertension Risk Indication.
- Its storage efficiency is of 90 memories.
- The manufacturer provides a five year warranty on the product.
- It supports mobile-calibration system.
- It can show the average of last 3-readings.
- It is approved by ESH to meet the Hypertension protocol.
What We Like
- It has a large LCD display to depict bold black digits.
- It provides an adapter socket.
- It is a battery-operated BP monitor.
- It gives you good pain relief experience.
- It keeps your health on the right path without having to call a doctor every-time.
9. Dr Trust USA BP A-One Max Connect Bluetooth Digital BP Monitor
It is another automatic dual talking blood pressure monitor with amazing qualities. It provides an automatic-functionality to measure BP and pulse. With its unique feature, it is perfect in monitoring hypertension. It will help you in maintaining your blood pressure levels.
It is one of the top-selling BP Monitors that comes with Bluetooth and micro USB compatibility. The greatest part of this machine is that it is capable of detecting an irregularity in the heartbeat. It is a portable and compact device with a USB-compatible port. In terms of the warranty, this product carries 1 Year of warranty.
- It comes with three colour hypertension backlight indicators.
- The green-light indicates a standard range of BP, a yellow-light indicates elevated BP, and red-light specifies high BP.
- It has cuff fit for the arms with the size of 22 – 42 cms.
- With this, you can measure diastolic BP, systolic BP and pulse frequency.
- It gives reliable-detection of irregular heartbeats.
- This bp monitor comes with an LCD panel.
- It keeps the average of the last three records.
- It comes with 4 AA batteries. You can attach it with your laptop to review your overall progress.
What We Like
- It can save data of multiple users in its memory.
- It is one of the good BP monitoring devices.
- It comes with the Hindi or English talking feature.
- It is convenient to transport anytime and anywhere.
10. Omron HEM 7113 Fully Automatic Digital BP Monitor
It is the most recent version of the 7112 model that comes with IntelliSense technology. It is one of the highly-trusted cardiac function monitors. It is a fully Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor that gives you quick and true blood pressure outcome. Recommended by the doctors to use in emergencies, the device has found its way to the domestic utility as well.
It assists you in tracking heart health conditions and pulse irregularities. It has an aesthetic design and toughened construction with battery level indicator. The good part of this Omron machine is that it offers the memory storage space of 14 values. It is compact and easy to use. It can be easily operated at home with an easier operation.
- It comes with an uneven heartbeat tracker.
- It comes with the central unit and a manual.
- It gives one touch operation. It measures blood pressure and heartbeat accurately.
- This device comes with a cuff-size of 146 mm to 446 mm.
- It is one of the most selling BP machines at Amazon.
- This automatic blood pressure monitor is safe-product. It can monitor your vitals in seconds.
- The Warranty is of 5 years on the product.
- It’s cuff-wrap guide lets you know whether your cuff is wrapped correctly.
- It can detect the body-movement error.
- It can store 60 measurements.
What We Like
- You can silent the voice feedback as per your need.
- Its IntelliSense technology gives accurate measurement with comfort.
- It is an automatic machine.
- It comes with the cuff wrapping guide for the assistance.
- It is made of high-quality material that promises more life span.
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have a hypertension tracker.
Best Blood Pressure Machine Brands in India
- Dr Morepen
- Dr Trust
- Health Sense
Types Of Blood Pressure Monitors
Depending upon the cuffs, there are two basic types of BP Monitor; Upper Arm Monitor and Wrist Monitor.
Upper Arm Monitors
This type of monitor inflates a cuff and displays recordings. There are two types of monitors that make use of an arm-cuff to measure BP.
In this type of BP monitor, you squeeze or pump the bulb to inflate the cuff around your arm. After that, you read the gauge indicating your blood pressure value.
Unlike the other models, this type of machine bloat the cuff itself. The measured reading appears on the screen. Some models also offer a paper printout of the recordings. It is comparatively easy to use and read. It is the type of automatic monitors that show an exact reading.
It is an entirely automatic monitor with a small and compact size. It is light in weight and easy to carry. Though it offers a high degree of comfort, the reading may be less accurate. It is extremely sensitive to body position.
You can use it if the cuff monitor hurts or if your higher arm is too big to be wrapped.
How to Choose the Best Blood Pressure Monitor?
Before choosing the Blood Pressure Monitor for your home, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. You can choose an automatic blood pressure monitor for hassle-free functioning.
You should buy the Blood Pressure monitor with proper cuff-size for accurate readings. It is crucial to ensure that the cuff fits the circumference of your arm. The cuff-size should be neither too tight nor loose. Otherwise, it would give the erroneous-result. Also, studies show that too small cuff increases the systolic BP readings.
You can measure the upper arm circumference for fit cuff-size using a cloth tape. Don’t use the wrong cuff size as inexact cuff size will give readings that are not-correct. Note these measurements and compare with the sizes provided by the manufacturers.
The following information helps you to pick the perfect size of Cuff:
|Arm Size (in cms)||Cuff Size|
|18 to 22||Small|
|22 to 32||Medium|
Irregular Heartbeat Detector
It is one of the essential factors you should consider. It detects the irregular heartbeat. It helps to monitor the problems of the heart.
Some people think it isn’t such a useful function, though it is. Choose the BP monitor having this feature.
Ease of Use
It is important to find a machine that is easy to use. Choose an automatic blood pressure monitor that its instructions are easy to follow.
Digital machines come with a wide display with elegant design. They help to read the reading with ease.
Other Smart Features
The Ideal Blood Pressure Monitors come with smart-functions. They have a user-friendly interface, have an inbuilt memory function, movement indicator, irregular heartbeat detection, and so on. With a good memory storage you can monitor your fitness and health.
Being a smart shopper you can go for online shopping and look for the one that suits your needs at an affordable rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is It Common For My Blood Pressure To Fluctuate?
Yes. The blood pressure to differ throughout the day, it is normal. Various things can affect your BP, such as stress, smoking, and so on. So, checking your blood pressure from time to time is necessary.
2. What Is Oscillometric Technology?
It measures the blood vibration that travels through your arteries and converts the movement into a digital reading.
3. Does An Upper Arm And a Wrist BP Monitor Give Different Readings?
Yes. It may be possible to get different readings as blood pressure varies throughout the body. However, it is always advised to check-up the BP with right cuff size using an upper arm blood pressure monitor for a more precise reading.
4. Should I Prefer Left or Right Arm For Blood Pressure Reading?
BP differs up to a few points between the two arms. However, it shouldn’t vary more than 10-points. Due to the proximity to the heart, the left arm is preferred for taking a blood pressure measurement. If your left arm is injured, you can use your right arm.
5. What Are The Causes Of Getting Inaccurate Readings?
These are the frequent causes of faulty readings:
- If the cuff does not wrap properly. It is one of the biggest reasons for getting wrong-results. Use the right cuff size for readings that will be correct.
- The other reason is the incorrect posture.
- Activities while taking a test.
6. What Is The Ideal Time To Test The Blood Pressure?
You should take the first measurement in the morning pre-breakfast.
And the second test should be taken in the evening. Each time, you should take two or three readings so that you make sure the result is precise and accurate.
7. Does A BP Monitor Measure Heart Rate?
Some of the Branded BP Monitors measures the heart-rate along with the BP level. It is expressed as 120mm Hg of systolic pressure to 80mm Hg of diastolic pressure. It also calculates in BPM(beats per minute). It detects any irregular heartbeats that take place during the bp test.
8. Between Systolic and Diastolic, Which One Is More Important?
Systolic BP is given more importance as it may be an indication of cardiovascular problem. However, this rises with age as the arteries become stiffer. Every individual above 40-years should check their blood pressure on a daily basis and should be aware of the slightest changes in the readings that come.
9. How Can I Normalize My BP Naturally?
The first step to monitoring the blood pressure naturally is the shift to living an active lifestyle. It is highly recommended to normalise your body weight first. Physical activity allows dilation of blood vessels and will improve your health. You can reduce the fatty food and salt intake. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, etc.