In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
A well-furnished kitchen is a secret to a good house. Appliances and kitchenware are as necessary as any other product bought for a household.
To make the kitchen look modern in design, you require changing some of the old fashioned appliances lying in your kitchen.
The most needed item in any kitchen is the gas stove. It’s where all the cooking has to happen. Thus, to change up the look and decor of your kitchen, starting from the gas stove is a must. It is an essential part of the beauty of your kitchen.
With the latest technology, gas stoves make cooking more comfortable & more efficient. Be it a quick snack in the evening, or a full-fledged dinner for your entire family, a modern gas cooktop helps you with all your Indian recipes.
Gas stoves with glass top, removable and washable drip plates are easy to clean and mess free. It provides a healthy environment to cook nutritious food.
When it comes to buying a gas stove, the number of options are way too many. Selecting according to your particular need of the hour is what would make up for smart shopping.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Gas Stoves in India 2020
|Butterfly Smart||2||1 Year|
|Sunflame Pride||2||2 Years|
|Sunflame Shakti||2||1 Years|
|Elica Vetro||3||2 Years|
|Prestige Marvel||3||2 Years|
|Eveready TGC4B||4||2 Years|
|Prestige Marvel Plus||4||2 Years|
|Sunflame Pearl||4||2 Year|
|Prestige Edge||4||2 year|
Which Are the 10 Best Gas Stoves in India for 2020?
1. Butterfly Smart Glass 2 Burner Gas Stove, Black
Butterfly brings you an elegant gas stove with a toughened glass top that adds charm to your kitchen. Butterfly Smart Glass Top 2 burner gas stove is one of the Best Gas Stoves in India 2020 that is fuel efficient, easy to handle and clean and offers maximum convenience.
- It features two high efficiency brass burners that ensure evenly distributed heat.
- It is crafted with premium finish glass top.
- It comes with smoothly operated designer gas knobs.
- It has stainless steel spill trays that ensure less chance of rusting and low maintenance
- It features smart lock pan support that provides more stability.
- It comes with 1-year warranty.
- It comes with a 360-degree revolving nozzle.
Things We Like
- It has uniquely shaped powder-coated pan stands to increase the longevity of the product.
- The panel of the appliance is flame-retardant.
- Its spill-proof design makes gas stove easy to clean and maintain.
- It easily serves the cooking needs of a family of 3-4.
2. Sunflame GT Pride 2 BURNER GAS STOVE, BLACK
Sunflame is a popular brand in Indian kitchen appliances that provide homemakers with luxurious and satisfying faster cooking experience. It is one of the top 2 burner gas stove in india.
If you’re looking for the stylish, extra spacious and ergonomically designed 2 burner gas stove, then this is a must pick for your kitchen. Sunflame GT Pride 2 burner gas stove is a perfect choice of small size kitchens.
- It is an extra-spacious toughened glass gas stove with metallic gold finish.
- It comes with brass burners that are highly efficient.
- It has stainless steel drip trays to ensure that your kitchen remains clean and hygienic.
- Its base is made of brushed matte stainless-steel.
- It comes with euro coated pan support.
- The control-knobs have an elegant design with soft and smooth operations.
- The dimensions of the cooktop are 670 mm x 390 mm x 145 mm.
- Sunflame offers two years warranty on the product.
Things We Like
- Its glass top is highly heat-resistant, scratch proof, and therefore, highly durable and long-lasting.
- It is capable of handling high temperatures on daily basis.
- It’s control-knobs allows perfect flame control.
- It is economical as it consumes less LPG.
- It is stain and dustproof.
- It is spacious and best for larger pans or cooking pots.
- It is suitable for small families.
Things We Didn’t Like
- It isn’t suitable for big families since it is a 2 burner gas stove.
- It comes with manual mode of ignition.
3. Sunflame Shakti Stainless Steel 2 Burner Gas Stove, Silver
Sunflame Shakti Cooktop comes in a stainless steel mirror finish body to make your kitchen space look for appealing. It is another stunning gas stove from sunflame.
It is ISI certified gas cook top and features a 2 burner setup for a smart and safe cooking-experience. From the traditional outlook, it is the best 2 burner gas stove in the market.
- It comprises of the high-quality stainless steel body.
- It comes with easy-to-turn press fit knobs, that makes it easy to adjust flame while cooking.
- It has brass alloy burners that ensure even heat distribution.
- It provides multi-directional heat distribution across the utensil and allows you to cook food quickly.
- It comes with powder coated extra strong pan support that make the gas stove to use for a long time.
Things We Like
- It has removable stainless-steel drip trays for easy cleaning.
- It is easy to use and clean.
- It is a compact gas-stove and consumes very less counter-top space.
- It is fuel-efficient.
4. Elica Vetro Glass Top 3 Burner Gas Stove (703 CT VETRO BLK)
Elica, that is known for tailored, innovative and modular kitchen appliances solutions. Elica Glass 3 burner gas stove has a unique design, and the top is made from premium glass that is thick and durable.
It is a combination of efficiency, top class features and a fantastic outlook that comes at affordable price. It is one of the Best Gas Stoves in India which comes in your budget.
- It is highlighted with quality toughened glass top.
- It has a euro-coated grid that keeps utensils stable.
- It comes with 2 medium and 1 small size heavy duty brass burners.
- It comes with stainless-steel support plates.
- It features stylish and smooth to operate knobs.
- Elica provides two years warranty on the toughened glass.
Things We Like
- Its high quality gas burner gives a safe and time-saving cooking-experience.
- It’s small burner is useful for making sauces and chocolate spreads.
- Its spill-proof design ensures easy cleaning & maintenance while cooking.
- It is ideal for a family consisting of 4-6 members to cook various recipes in less time.
5. Lifelong Glass Top Gas Stove, 3 Burner Gas Stove (Black)
Lifelong gas stove gives you the perfect combination of efficiency and elegance. This 3-burner gas stove from lifelong brand enable you to cook separate dishes easily, as the burners are spaced out well enough to give sufficient space to even large dishes side-by-side. It is the best 3 burner gas stove. This gas stove is the best choice for indian family that lasts long.
- It comprises of 6mm toughened glass top.
- It comes with high efficient brass burners.
- It has anti-skid feet for easy operations.
- The dimensions of the gas stove are 690X410X130 (mm).
- It comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- It comes with ergonomically designed knobs with heat-resistant nylon covers.
- It comes with thick pan supports.
Things We Like
- This gas stove is suitable for family with 4-6 members.
- It has thick toughened black glass top.
- It has an elegant black design.
- It consumes lesser LPG and has a stronger flame than other gas stoves.
6. Prestige Marvel Glass 3 Burner Gas Stove (Black)
Prestige is one of the best cooktop brands in India. Prestige Marvel Glass Top 3 burner gas stove comes with a toughened glass and spill proof design. This makes the furnace elegant and stylish while performing its regular function. It’s toughened glass top and unique design makes it one of the Best Gas Stoves in India 2020.
- It comes with shatterproof toughened glass top.
- It has highly efficient tri pin brass burners that help you to cook faster and more efficiently.
- It comes with individual pan support that gives durability and steadiness to pots and pans.
- It provides precise flame control that helps to cook your food with precision.
- Prestige Marvel 3 burner gas stove has an ergonomic knob design that ensures smooth functioning.
- It comes with two years warranty.
Things We Like
- It has an elegant design and it’s compact in size.
- Its spill-proof design provides hassle-free and spill-proof cooking.
- It consumes less countertop space.
- It is easy to clean.
Things We Didn’t Like
- It is a bit expensive.
7. Eveready TGC4B Glass Top Gas Stove, 4 Burner Gas Stove (Black)
Eveready’s range of gas stoves is incredibly versatile. It offers an exquisite blend of superior design and unbeatable performance. Eveready TGC 4B is a genuinely versatile companion to assist you in preparing a sumptuous meal for your loved ones.
- It features a premium finish toughened glass top.
- It has a powder coated-pan supports for easy handling of small kitchen utensils.
- It is equipped with 360-degree swivel type gas inlet.
- It offers the regulating knobs that are designed ergonomically.
- It is provided with four brass burners.
- It is provided with 120g gas valves.
- It provides two years manufacturer warranty.
Things We Like
- It has a spill-proof design for cleaning and maintenance.
- It provides faster experience of cooking.
- It’s ergonomic designed knobs are easy to operate.
- Its glass top is highly-durable and offers a rust resistance texture.
- Its high-quality brass burners ensure even distribution of the flame and save a lot time and fuel.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The burners have a manual ignition function, you need to use matchstick or lighter for lighting.
8. Prestige Marvel Plus Glass 4 Burner Gas Stove (Black)
Prestige Marvel Plus Glass Top 4 burner Gas Stove is a combination of performance, efficacy and stylish looks. It has a very efficient design that saves a lot of your time. The stove allows you to use 4 different vessels at any given point so that you can cook simultaneously. It is the best 4 burner gas stove from prestige.
- It comes with high-efficiency tri-pin brass burners for steady gas flow.
- It has a toughened glass top with a stunning black finish.
- The dimensions of the gas stove are 64 x 59 x 16 cm.
- It features a spill-proof design. It enhances effective functioning and maintains hygiene.
- Its black body made of quality material that makes it durable.
- It comes with two years manufacturer warranty.
Things We Like
- It saves counter-top space that helps in hassle-free cooking.
- It has a powder coated body with elegant design.
- Its tri pin burners come in different sizes that enables you to use different vessels for cooking.
- It has a shatterproof black toughened glass top that helps in resisting scratches.
- It is resistant to rust and corrosion.
9. Sunflame Pearl 4 Burner Glass Top Gas Stove (Black)
Sunflame Pearl gas stove is designed with four widely spaced burners. This gas stove allows you to cook up to four items simultaneously, thus saving up much valuable time and energy through the morning rush hour.
It’s excellent design makes it one of the Best Gas Stoves in India 2020.
- It features a clear toughened glass cooktop that delivers an elegant look.
- It is fitted with 20cm euro-coated pan supports.
- It is provided with powerful brass burners.
- The dimensions of the cooktop are 58.4 x 57.2 x 15.2 cm.
- Sunflame provides two years manufacturer warranty.
- It comes with a stainless steel drip tray for easy in cleaning and tidy look.
Things We Like
- Its top glass is scratch resistant, long lasting, reliable and safe.
- Its unique pan support provides better balance and vessel placing.
- It provides maximum safety and flames remain stable while cooking.
- It gives even flame distribution for fast and efficient cooking.
- It has ergonomically designed knobs.
10. Prestige Edge Schott Glass 4 Burner Gas Stove (Black)
Prestige Edge Schott gas stove is the world’s slimmest cook-top with a lifetime warranty on Schott-glass. This black coloured cooktop not only performs excellently but also adds beautiful looks to your kitchen. Prestige Edge is a reputed brand and one of the Best Gas Stoves in India which is durable and creates passion for cooking.
- This glossy glass-top cooktop is built with a sturdy aluminium frame.
- It comes with good quality pan support rings with flame guard protection.
- The product comes with two years manufacturer warranty.
- It comes with four brass burners.
- It has a spill proof design.
- It has a shiny and elegant black-coloured glass top.
Things We Like
- Its ultra-slim design helps you to keep your kitchen clean, sleek and stylish.
- It is the right combination of durability & elegance that is visible in the German technology Schott glass.
- It comes with great quality knobs.
Best Gas Stove Brands in India 2020
Types of Gas Stoves
Gas Stoves of the modern day come in different forms, shapes, sizes and types.
Based on Type of burner and ignition
On the bases of the type of burner and mode of ignition, the gas stoves are categorised into three different categories.
In this gas stoves, the gas is ignited by an electric spark. It is controlled with a knob that regulates the flame on high and low.
In standing pilot ignition, the flame is continuously burning beneath the stove. This type of ignition is the traditional source of the gas stove. It uses natural gas to ignite the gas stove.
Sealed Burner gas stove is a non-conventional gas stove where the cooktop is fused with the burners. They are stress-free to maintain and clean.
Based on the number of burners
Gas stoves come in four different sizes depending on the number of burners. It depends on the size of your family, if you have a large family, go for a four burner gas stove.
- Single burner stoves are fit for bachelors or single occupants.
- Two burner gas stove is useful for two to three family members whereas three burner stove is ideal for a family of 4 to 5 members.
What Features To Look When Choosing A Gas Stove?
Size is one of the major factors to consider while buying a gas stove. Generally, gas stoves come in different size. It also differs majorly depending on the number of burners as well.
So if you have a smaller kitchen area, choose a gas stove with less width. Larger sizes of the gas stove are just often great for the large modular kitchens.
Gas stoves are available in several widths that are 60, 70, 80, and 90cm, so choosing the appropriate size for the kitchen is going to rely on the counter space.
Types of Burners
Burners may look similar, but they differ from each other in terms of functioning.
These burners have great rapid flow and recommended for stir-frying as well as fast boiling. These kinds of burners are best for huge cooking pots and frypans. It can also be considered as heavy duty-burners.
If you want something that has a fast response to the temperature change such as cooking soups or rice or other ingredients, medium size burners are highly-efficient. You can set it to full heat and later decrease for heating purposes.
These burners are perfect for frying and boiling purposes. It’s also recommended for non-stick saucepans and frypans.
These burners are fit for delicate ingredients. You can make sauces or melt chocolates and butter in these kinds of burners. It is also the best option for smaller sauce and frypans.
Material of Burners
Usually, burners are either made up of brass or aluminium alloy. Brass and aluminium alloy burners are different from each other in terms of usability and durability.
These are considered as traditional burners and has a low melting point, so they tend to warp and deform over time. Aluminium absorbs heat faster since it’s less dense than brass. It is not reliable to use in a home with kids and keep it away from children’s reach. It has a shorter life span.
Brass burners are corrosion resistant and have a beautiful antique gold colour. These type of burner gas stoves are more durable and resistant to wear & tear. They are also perfect for outdoor grills since they can withstand even the most trying weather conditions, such as snow and rain. They are corrosion resistant and provides excellent heat and distributes evenly to the containers or pots for cooking delicious food.
Spacing Between Burners
If you are looking for 3-burner or 4-burner gas stoves, see to it that the burners and pan supports are placed well and provide enough space to cook with various dish sizes and various foods side by side without any hassle.
Gas stoves with anti-skid feet, work on any kitchen platform surface and must retain the stove firmly in place and doesn’t allow moving. You can stir and add heavyweight vessels to the cooktop without worrying about spillage or the stove skidding across the surface.
Control knobs are generally rotary switches used to provide input to the device. Cooktops feature control knobs according to the number of burners present on the device.
Select a gas stove that comes with adequately sized knobs that are easy to grip and use.
Gas Inlet Connection
Gas stoves have gas pipe inlet either to their sides or back. If your kitchen has a small kitchen platform, then go for a gas stove that has a gas inlet to the side. However, for large kitchen platform, you can select any one as per your interest.
Cooktops come in either stainless steel or glass material. Stainless steel gas tops are highly durable because of their strength whereas glass tops have a luxurious look and are easier to clean. If you’re looking for glass cooktop, then make sure the glass is toughened and heat resistant.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Does A Gas Stove Last?
The life expectancy of a cooktop can last from 8-10 years. However, this may depend on the type of gas stove surface, burner material, frequency of usage, cleaning and others. If the cooktop isn’t properly maintained the performance of it automatically reduces and finally the life span as well.
2. What Is An Auto Ignition Gas Stove?
Auto Ignition gas stoves light up the flame automatically just by moving the control knob. Gas stove with auto-ignition feature are sturdy, portable and energy-efficient. Automatic Ignition feature makes the gas stove expensive, but they are best suited for those who want smart technologies.
3. Is Glass Top Gas Stove Safe?
Glass cooktops are good looking but delicate to use whereas stainless steel gas stove is easy to maintain but outdated. Glass top is built with toughened glass with heavy brass burners. They have a sleek modern design with auto ignition and best for your modular kitchen.
4. What Is The Difference Between A Gas Hob And Stove?
A gas stove is a free standing unit with one or more gas burners whereas a gas-hob is either just the burners on top of the stove or a fitted gas burner unit. Generally, gas hobs come with four or six burners.
5. Why Do You Have Swivelling Gas Inlets Today?
The 360° swivelling inlets allow you to place gas stoves anywhere on the kitchen platform without having to alter the kitchen structure.