In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
It becomes a very challenging task in taking a bath with cold water in winters. Geyser or Water heater is the only solution to this problem.
Water heaters are round-the-year appliances used in the kitchens, bathrooms to provide the hot water. Choosing the ideal geyser isn’t an easy task as it sounds.
There are various factors that you should consider when selecting the geyser. Selecting the best geyser depends on some aspects such as budget, safety measures like earth leakage circuit breaker for shock protection, power consumption, temperature knob, capacity and so on.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Geyser/Water heaters 2020
|Racold Pronto Neo||3 Lt||3000||Instant|
|Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1||3 Lt||3000||Instant|
|Bajaj Flora||3 Lt||3000||Instant|
|Crompton Greaves Bliss||3 Lt||3000||Instant|
|Havells Instanio||3 Lt||3000||Instant|
|Bajaj Caldia||10 Lt||2000||Storage|
|Bajaj New Shakti GL||15 Lt||2000||Storage|
|Usha Misty||25 Lt||2000||Storage|
|Crompton Greaves Amica ASWH-2015||15 Lt||2000||Storage|
|Orient Electric Aquaspring WS1502M||15 Lt||2000||Storage|
Which Are the 10 Best Geysers in India for 2020?
1. Racold Pronto Neo 3 Litres 3KW Instant Water Heater (White)
Racold Pronto 3 litre Water Heater has a maximum rated pressure bar of about 6.5. Its stem-type thermostat and cutout ensure automatic temperature control.
The anti-syphoning system prevents the back flow of water from the container and thus avoids dry-heating. With the high pressure withstanding capacity, it makes it suitable for high-rise buildings and high-pressure pump applications. It is one of the Best Geyser in India from Racold.
- It comes with 2 years warranty on the product, 2 years on the heating element and 5 years warranty on the tank.
- It provides three levels of safety against high temperature and pressure without cutout, thermostat and safety valve.
- The instant water geyser consumes 3000 Watts of power.
- Its high density and thick PUF ensures retention of internal heat and temperature. It results in better energy-efficiency and reduced electric bills.
- Its high power heating element ensures you get hot water in no time.
Things We Like
- It has an elegant Italian design with a rare blend of technology and style.
- It is a stylish and robust geyser.
2. Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 3-Litre Instant Water Heater (Ivory)
Crompton is one of the leading brands when it comes to water heaters or geysers. Crompton’s brings energy-efficient products that include 5-star rated fans, lights and other appliances.
This brand is a master in both tank geyser or an instant geyser. This stainless steel tank water heater acts as a solution for all the water heating purposes.
This handy electric geyser converts electrical energy into heat energy through the heating element. The instant water geyser from Crompton delivers a solution for all your heating purpose.
It is engineered in such a way to give warm water in a flash. The elegantly designed machine adds to the contrast of your modern bathrooms.
With the glass coated tank, it prevents rusting and makes this product abrasion free. Its safety valve feature automatically relieves pressure and discharge water when the pressure overshoots the pre-set limits.
It is one of the Best Geysers in India (2020) from Crompton.
- It comes with the storage capacity of 3 litres and consumes 3000 Watts of power.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on this product.
- Its outer-body is built with ABS plastic, and its water tank is built with a stainless steel body. It makes it efficient, and the performance increases to a great extent.
- It is engineered with a built-in coil to raise the water temperature.
- The heating element is built from high-quality copper that doesn’t wear out in case of instant power cuts and voltage variation.
- It has a thermal cut-out feature. With this feature, it automatically cut off the power supply when the water temperature exceeds highest pre-set level.
- It can withstand the water pressure of 6.5 bar.
Things We Like
- The copper coil is durable that lasts for the long run.
- It requires less maintenance cost.
- Its secure fluid flow is safe for your skin as well.
- With the small LED’s, it informs when the water is hot, and you are ready for a bath.
3. Bajaj Flora 3-Litre Instant Water Heater (White)
It is an instant water heater with a capacity of 3 litres and consumes 3000 Watts of power. This instant water heater is suitable and safe for the high-rise buildings.
Bajaj Flora geyser can withstand up to 8 bar pressure. User’s safety is the primary concern of the Bajaj Flora, so it has worked a lot on safety.
With the Bajaj flora, you get hot water instantly. The water heater is manufactured under the brand name of Bajaj with the latest technology. If you face any issue with this water geyser, you can contact on this number 18001025963.
- It comes with a thermoplastic outer-body that prevents rusting and corrosion.
- With a fire retardant cable, it provides extra safety from hazards.
- It is available in 1 and 3 litres variants with 3kW and 4.5kW rating.
- It comes with 2 year warranty on the product and 5 years on the inner tank.
- You don’t need to see if the water got heated. With the neon indicator, it indicates when the water got heated.
- With this, you don’t need to worry if your water heater can withstand high pressure of water or not.
Things We Like
- It provides good protection against corrosion.
- It is a compact and durable product.
- It is an ISI approved water heater.
4. Crompton Greaves Bliss 3-Litre Instant Water Heater (White)
It is another instant water heater from the house of Crompton. Crompton is one of the trusted electrical brands in India.
The brand Crompton has emerged as the market leader in many appliances including fans, pumps, street lighting and so on. The instant water heater consumes 3000 Watts of energy with the water capacity of 3 litres. It is one of the Best Instant Water Heaters from Crompton.
- The dimensions of the geyser are of 26.5 x 22 x 42.5 cm.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on this product.
- The thermal cutout is a useful feature in the Crompton geyser. It ensures your safety by cuts off the power supply if the temperature of water exceeds the highest pre-set level.
- It comes with an automatic shut off feature.
- It has a multifunctional safety-valve that helps in case of overshooting of pressure beyond the pre set limits.
Things We Like
- It has a rust free ABS body.
- Its installation is easy.
5. Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Geyser with Flexi Pipe (White/Blue)
Havells instant water heater is a quick solution for all your water heater needs. The 3 litres instant water geyser has 3000 Watts of power consumption.
It includes geyser, wall mounting accessory and two Flexi pipes. With the fire-retardant power cord, it provides maximum safety.
- It comes with the 2 years warranty on the product and 5 years on the condenser.
- Its voltage is 220 to 240 volts.
- .65 MPa bar pressure is suitable for high rise apartments and pressure pump applications.
- It has stainless steel inner tank and it is highly durable.
- It comes with a colour changing LEDs that change from blue to amber. It indicates the hotness of water.
Things We Like
- It has rust and shockproof ABS outer body for longer life.
6. Bajaj Caldia 10-Litre Storage Water Heater (White)
The Bajaj Caldia is a 10 litres storage water heater that you can install easily in any corner of your bathroom. With Caldia storage water heater, it doesn’t allow the heat to go out from the tank due to up-to-date insulation.
It ensures water remains hot for a longer time. The Bajaj Caldia’s external body is made up of ABS material with features such as shockproof, rust proof and sturdiness. The 2000 Watts water heater can withstand 8 bar water pressure.
- It is available in 10 litres, 15 litres and 25 litres variants.
- With PUF insulation, it traps the heat inside the tank that keeps the water hot for a longer time.
- It comes with 2 years of warranty on the product, 5 years on tank and 2 years on the heating element.
- The inner tank is made from glass lined material. It is resistant to corrosion and extends the durability.
- The adjustable thermostat is another essential feature as it allows one to control the temperature of water.
- It comprises a cable that isn’t susceptible to fire that makes it safe to use. It includes multiple safety systems that protect the heater from any damage.
Things We Like
- It has the number of safety-features.
- It prevents electric shocks and heat loss.
- It’s glass lined tank is durable and works efficiently.
- It is suitable for high rise buildings.
- It has an alluring design.
7. Bajaj New Shakti GL 15-Litre Vertical Storage Water Heater (White)
The Bajaj New Shakti vertical water heater is available in 10 litres, 15 litres and 25 litres variants. The 2000 Watts geyser can face the pressure of 8 bars and is suitable for high-rise buildings.
Now take a bath with refreshing hot water using Bajaj New Shakti storage water heater. Bajaj has a small size, modern design and comfortable weight that makes it ideal fir for your bathroom.
Due to the corrosion and rustiness, many geysers don’t last long. With this storage water heater, its durability is quite high. It is one of the Best Geysers in India from Bajaj. It is one of the popular and trusted water heater brands in India.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on this product and 5 years on its inner tank.
- It comes with high efficiency and long life Incoloy heating element.
- It can withstand the rated water pressure up to 0.70 MPA.
- Its special protection device attracts the harmful salts and keeps the tank and element safe and healthy from corrosion.
- It has many safety systems for protection against dry-heating, overheating and overpressure.
- It provides you with hot water for a longer duration even after the geyser is switched off.
Things We Like
- It is suitable for high pressure and pressure pump installations.
- It offers hot water in the safest possible manner.
- It has a magnesium-anode for additional protection from corrosion and leakage.
- It is a 4-star rated as per BEEE 2015 guidelines.
8. Usha Misty 25-litres 2000-Watt 5 Star Storage Water Heater (Twinkling Grey)
Usha Misty is a 5-star rated storage geyser with high performance and international quality. It is equipped with a shower colour panel, bathtubs, convenient temperature settings and excellent warranties.
The vibrant range offers you the freedom to choose a design that complements the decor of your kitchen or bathroom. Usha storage water-geysers are made of high quality steel with the tank coating.
You’ll get the superior-quality that ensures you have a water heater that works in Indian water conditions. The sediment and scale formation on the surface of the element may lead to premature failure.
- It comes with many safety-features such as circuit breakers, safety valves and leakage protectors.
- It comes with the storage capacity of 25 litres and consumes 2000 Watts of power.
- It provides maximum protection against hard water and corrosion.
- It comes with 2 years of warranty on the product, 3 years on its heating element, 7 years on its inner tank.
- Its dimensions are of 32.5 x 32.5 x 38.5 cm.
- With the feature of thermal cut off, it assures safety by turn off the power supply when the water temperature get exceeds.
- Its safety-valve is designed to automatically relieve and discharge water when the pressure overshoots the preset limits.
- Its inner tank is coated with Sapphire powder with glass lining treatment.
- With High density, thicker and polyurethane foam insulation, it ensures minimum energy consumption and that makes it best water heater in the Indian market.
Things We Like
- It is one of the highly energy efficient water heater you can buy.
- It is safe to use, even in high-pressure applications.
9. Crompton Greaves Amica ASWH-2015 15-Litre Storage Water Heater (Black and White)
Crompton’s water-geysers aren’t only provided hot water but are energy efficient as well. Crompton ASWH-2015 is ideal for high rise apartments and can face 8 bar pressure.
ASWH2015 is a 5 star rated product with 5-star performance and high quality. With this, you get the superior quality that ensures you have the water geyser that works flawlessly in the water conditions of India.
Crompton Amica is a fantastic water heater that has a unique Polymer and Copper Heating element. It helps in faster heating and longer life. It is one of the Best Water Heaters which comes in your budget.
- It comes with the capacity of 15 litres and has a power consumption of 2000 Watts.
- This capacity can fulfil your entire family needs from bathing needs to washing clothes.
- It provides 3 level protection for the safety of users.
- Its voltage is of 220 to 240 volts.
- It has a powerful copper-heating element for superior performance.
- It comes with the superior polymer coated tank, nano poly bond technology for the excellent corrosion resistance.
- It comes with 7 years warranty on inner tank that includes 2-year comprehensive warranty.
- It has an oxidation resistance even in high temperature and pressure.
- Its tank has a single weld line that helps reduces the chances of tank leakage.
- It comes with a safety-valve feature. It automatically relieves pressure and discharges water in case the pressure overshoots the pre-set limits.
Things We Like
- It is India’s most modern and advanced water heater.
- It is a 5 star rated that helps in conserving the energy and promotes less electricity consumption.
- It is an elegant water heater.
- Its outer body is made from a powder-coated sturdy metallic sheet.
10. Orient Electric Aquaspring WS1502M 15 Litres- 2000 Watts Storage Water Heater (White)
Orient WS1502M 15-litre water heater features a pressure handling capacity and various safety features. They include a thermostat and thermal cut out, Anti-siphon hole, double thermal protection devices and so on.
These safety features make it the ideal water heater for your bathroom. The durable tank of this geyser handles pressure up to 6.5 Bar. The Orient Electric Aquaspring is one of the efficient electric geysers that offers super hot water for you.
- It has a water storage capacity of 15 litres that consumes 2000 Watts.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on this product, 2 years on the heating element and 5 years on the tank.
- The tank uses TIG welding technology that makes it stronger and leakage proof.
- Its dimensions are of 47 x 31.5x 34 cm.
- It has a massive copper-heating element with Nickel coating that is for good corrosion resistance.
Things We Like
- It comes with a classic design.
- It is an ideal water heater for a large family.
- It is a BEE 5 star rated product for energy saving.
- It has high-grade stainless steel that makes it durable.
- It has a magnesium anode rod that enhances tank life.
Things We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have an anti-corrosion magnesium rod.
- It doesn’t have a temperature-control Knob to set the temperature.
Best Geyser Brands in India
Types of Geyser
In India, you get water geysers of two types –
Instant geysers are the low storage capacity units that are available in 1 litres or 3 litres. They can heat the small quantity of water instantly. You just need to switch on the water heater and enjoy the shower. The typical power rating of the instant water-geysers is 3000 Watts or 4500 Watts.
Storage water-geysers are the most common type of water heaters. Those that are used in households can store 6-50 litres of water through storage units that can hold 150-200 litres of water are also available. One issue with the storage heaters is that energy can be wasted as water in the tank is always heated, but not necessarily heated.
How To Choose the Right Size Geyser?
If you would like to enjoy long shower bath, opt for a water geyser that has a storage tank.
If you have a family of 4 to 6 members, go for a storage tank of 10-15 litres. On the other side, instant water geyser with the capacity of 3 litres is suitable for a small family having two members.
|No of Members||Bath Source||Type||Capacity(in Litres)|
|2 to 3||Bucket||Instant||6|
|2 to 3||Bucket||Storage||10 to 15|
|2 to 3||Shower||Storage||15 to 25|
|4 to 8||Bucket||Storage||25|
|4 to 8||Shower||Storage||25|
What Factors Do I Need To Keep In Mind Before Buying Instant Water Heaters?
Following are some factors that you need to keep in mind before buying a geyser:
- Temperature Control: With Instant water heaters, there is no knob to control the temperature. It depends on the rate of flow of water. If you run the water too fast, it won’t be hot enough. Conversely, you want the water hotter; you’ll have to run the water at a slower rate.
- Energy Efficiency: Instant water heaters are more energy efficient as there is no wastage of energy. You should consider taking the bucket bath as it will require less hot water and helps in saving electricity.
- Size: Instant water heaters are smaller, so they are suitable for small bathrooms with low ceilings as well as kitchens.
- No Waiting Time: The basic principle behind instant geysers is that water flows over the heating element, so you get hot water instantly.
What Factors Do I Need To Keep In Mind Before Buying Storage Heaters?
When deciding if it is the right type of water heater for you, ask these questions:
How Large Is Your Household?
The more the number of members, the larger the water heater should be. For example, if there are four people in your home and you have a 10-litres model, you’ll see heating delays or less amount of hot water for bathing.
Do You Want Hot Water From Multiple Outlets?
With the storage water, all the taps in the bathroom or with some extra plumping, all the taps on a floor can provide hot water.
Other Factors that you should consider :
- Hard Water: If you live in an area with hard water supply, check whether the tank is suitable for storing hard water.
- Temperature Control Knob: It is useful if you want to heat the water to a precise temperature.
- Aesthetics: Since most households are small, it is essential to choose a small and aesthetically designed water heater that blends well with your interiors. Nowadays, most water heaters have a glossy finish and come in various subtle colours and have a better rustproof body that provides a longer shelf life.
- Thermal Cut Out: This feature makes the water heater switch off when the heating element gets too hot that prevents damage to the unit.
- Dry Heating Protection: Heaters should be switched on only when water covers the heating unit. The dry-heating protection feature switches the unit off if it is turned on while empty.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Kind Of Water Heater Should I Go For?
When choosing the ideal type of water heater for your home, there are numerous factors that you should look at:
- Source Of Energy: The source of energy (whether electrical or LPG) will affect how your water heater operates, its efficiency, size and cost.
- Energy Efficiency: Higher star rating means high energy-efficiency. With a high rating, you can save your electricity bills.
- Cost: Before buying a water heater, compare its operating costs with the other models to see if it would be the right choice for your home.
- Size: The right size of water heater is crucial in providing your household with enough hot water for all the essential purposes. When considering size, you should keep in mind the number of bathrooms in your house, size of family and usages of the hot water.
2. Do Water Heaters Have Any Certifications?
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency – BEE star rating of a water heater indicates its power efficiency. Five Star is the higher rating, and one star is the lowest star. Higher rated models use the better-insulated tank and are constructed better. They demand a high price, that is cost effective if your geyser is usually switched on for a long time and you use much water. Better insulated tanks will retain the heat generated and ensure higher energy savings. So the more water you use, the higher rated model you should go for. Opting for energy efficient 5-star water heater would bring in various benefits such as low electricity bill, maximum energy-efficiency and safety.
3. Which Water Heater Is Good For Hard Water?
For hard water, you should buy a geyser that has a corrosion resistant tank. The other option is to install a water softener that converts hard water into soft water. With this, there would be no damage to the heating element.
4. How Long Does the Geyser Last?
The life of a water geyser rely on the quality of water and heater as well. An average water heater lasts for around 10-12 years. It is recommended to replace the geysers after every ten years due to the calcium deposits in the geysers.