Kitchen Hobs or cooktop burner is the essential equipment of modern kitchen and households. A modern and stylish hob with smart features makes your kitchen standout. The high-quality gas hobs are no doubt bit expensive but take your cooking up to the next level. Also, they are stylish and different from the ordinary gas stove.
The gas hobs are built-in to the kitchen slabs and can’t get removed quickly. It consists of multiple powerful burners that give cooking-experience. The hobs incorporate Flame Failure Detection Technology (FFD) that automatically shuts off when it identifies the gas leakage.
They are sturdy in terms of built quality and have a fully-steel body with tempered-glass surface. Its smart feature includes auto ignition, flame failure safety, 360 rotating knobs, alarms and timers, safety-lock etc. Hobs come with different burners types (standard burners, double ring burners, economy burners) that suit all forms of cooking.
Hobs makes your life stress free, and are available in different varieties of burners. It upkeeps all sort of cooking and grilling. We understand your buying needs, and after analysing various gas hobs, we are providing you with Top 10 products.
We have prepared a list of Best Kitchen Hobs in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Kitchen Hobs buying guide located towards the bottom of this post. It will help you to find the Best Kitchen Hob.
Top 10 Kitchen Hobs in India
Which are the Top 10 Best Kitchen Hobs in India 2020?
1. Sunflame Lotus Hob Stainless Steel 3 Burner Gas Stove
Sunflame is a popular name among the Indian homes and an efficient gas stove that comes in an amazing and sturdy design. With pan support, it prevents minimal movement of the pan while cooking. Its design adds beauty to the kitchen & home decors.
The product gives euro coated pan supports, and auto-ignition-mode provides safety from fire. The sleek built-in hob can be used as a countertop gas stove. It comes with the best powder-coated finish that gives proper heating to any cooking appliances.
- The product is ISI marked includes 3 burners that is made from brass.
- It comes with three high-efficiency burners and powder-coated pan supports for extra stability.
- It provides stainless steel drip trays that ensure easy cleaning.
- The highly efficient lotus burners come from Sabaf, Italy.
- The product comes with two years warranty.
- It has an auto ignition function.
What We Like
- It is easy to use and clean.
- It comes in auto-ignition method.
- It has advanced specifications.
2. Faber Hob Hybrid Glass 4 Burner Cooktop
Its hybrid glass design is perfect for all types of kitchens. It provides four burners with an additional two ring-burners and two medium-size ones. It can be used as countertop hob as well as built-in hob that makes your kitchen stylish.
It comes with Anti-leak feature that gives you healthy and safe-cooking. This best quality hob matches your style with Aesthetics and performance. It is made of toughened glass that makes it more durable and long-running. It meets all the standards of safety by keeping your kitchen safe from gas leak or fire.
- The manufacturer provides one year, five-year warranty on valves and burners respectively.
- Its anti-leak function prevents leakage.
- It comes with European valve glass.
- The burners bestow efficiency.
- It comes with a free cleaning kit.
What We Like
- It has a smart and sleek design that makes the cleanliness in the kitchen.
- It features two ring burners and two mediocre ones.
- It is cost-effective.
3. Elica Flexi 4 Brass Burner
It provides beautiful looks and handy to use. It is ergonomically designed with a single-piece stainless steel body. The hob includes a small burner, three double-ring burners, spark plugs, micro-switch, generator and gas valve with the latest design.
It is your new kitchen partner that assures durability, iron pan support, good quality knobs, and heavy brass burners. This hob can be used as a built-in hob or standing cooktop. It has four sturdy legs that maintain the grip of the knob.
- It comes with a small triple ring and three double-ring brass burners. It allows you to cook faster.
- Its cast-iron pan support holds pans and pots of various sizes and evenly distributes the heat.
- It comes with heavy-duty black painted burners that speed up cooking.
- The hob has a freestanding that helps to maintain the grip of the stove and run more smoothly.
What We Like
- The product provides better efficiency.
- It allows multitasking cooking with four burners.
What We Didn’t Like
- The auto ignition doesn’t work for all the burners.
- The gas flame might be high on one side and low on the other side.
4. Glen 3 Burner Gas Hob
Glen is the best and leading kitchen appliances brand in India. It has a smart design that makes cooking simple. The hob comes with different burners with one auxiliary burner, two semi-rapid burners and one triple sized burner. It provides better performance and is the best pick for your kitchen. The hob produces uniform gas flame distribution.
This hob is the smart choice for your kitchen and provides hassle-free cooking. Its sturdy and enamelled pan support can comfortably accommodate heavy utensils. The stylish knobs with a firm grip ensure swift-operation.
- It comes with 8mm thickness glass.
- The product comes with a two-year warranty on the cooktop and five-year warranty on the glass valve and burners.
- The burners are made of glass that performs long-lasting.
- It comes with an integrated manual ignition in the knobs that lets the user light the flame.
- It comes with sturdy and durable cast iron pan.
What We Like
- It is the right quality auto ignition gas stove that comes at an affordable cost.
- The hob is made with glass-ceramic and stainless steel.
What We Didn’t Like
- Its auto-ignition feature may not serve well.
5. Elica Hob 3 Burner Auto Ignition Glass Top
It offers a beautiful design that provides efficient cooking. Its Multi Flame Control Brass Burners are highly energy-efficient and boost cooking. This is a top-selling kitchen product in India that comes at a suitable range as per your needs.
It is a free-standing hob that can be used as a hob or cooktop. It’s quality knobs has a red, white front that gives additional protection. Not only this, it has a multi-flame control that is energy efficient and boosts speedy cooking. It helps an individual with multi-tasking and saves space and lots of time.
- It comes with one 2-ring and two mini triple ring burners made from brass.
- The product comes with a two-year warranty.
- It come with auto-ignition gas control knobs.
- It has easy to remove round grids that ensure the best clean-ability.
- It can be used as a hob or cooktop.
What We Like
- It provides high-end execution.
- Its elegant design makes it smart looking and a long-lasting kitchen hob.
- The metal of burners is durable.
What We Didn’t Like
- It is one of the expensive kitchen hobs.
6. Sunflame Glass Counter 4 Burner Hob
It is a high-grade product that is efficient and cost-effective. It makes easy utility in the kitchen cooktops and is the best for Indian Cooking. Get ready for better multitasking as the gas stoves are embedded with four burners.
You can cook and prepare your meals with more space and ease. This economical product is the perfect choice for a smart kitchen. It is a blend of elegant design and aesthetic looks that makes it highly attractive in the kitchen. It has a robust surface that assures long-lasting performance.
- Its body is made of glass and stainless steel.
- The weight of the hob is 14.7 kg.
- It has a thermal efficient brass burner type.
- It comes in auto-ignition mode.
- The product comes with two-year warranty.
- It is available in black colour.
What We Like
- It provides superior performance.
- It is suitable for Indian Kitchens.
7. Faber 75 cm Hobtop 3 Burner Hob
It is sturdy, durable and scratch resistant kitchen hob. It comes with Anti-leak technology and high-quality brass burners that assure you of better safety standards. It gives long term warranty on valve and burners. Its luxurious looks add charm to your kitchen.
It is one of the Best Kitchen Hobs that gives scratch resistance properties and premium glass finish. The smart and reliable innovation designed using the most advanced technology suits your modern kitchen. Its intelligent features also ensure safety from fire. It is highly energy-efficient and delivers efficient performance.
- It keeps your kitchen safe from the danger of gas leaks.
- It includes three brass burners.
- It comes with Anti-leak functionality, Cast Iron Pan Support and square shape grid.
- It includes the Sabaf burners with two medium and one small lotus burner.
- It has an auto-ignition mode and comes in a size of 75 cm.
- The product comes with a one year warranty period.
What We Like
- It has a charming look than a traditional gas stove.
- The product is durable & scratch resistant.
- It provides safety from fire.
- It comes with anti-leak feature.
- The product has high-grade brass burners.
8. KAFF Tempered Glass 5 Burner Hob
This 5 in 1 burner matches well to your stylish kitchen. It ensures you get multiple cooking spaces in your kitchen. The burner has classy looks with black coloured finish body. It comes with a high-quality material that makes it more durable. If you have a large family this is one of the perfect options for you.
The hob or burner includes smooth black tempered glass, iron grills, four stoves and better space. The five burners in it save your cooking time and are easy to clean. It provides you with an easy and quick operation that makes it ideal for kitchen use.
- It has 5 in 1 burner with one triple flame burner.
- The gas hobs come with 8 mm thick tempered glass.
- The auto electric ignition is enamelled with matt-finish grills.
- It comes with easy-grip knobs and steel dip tray.
- Its size is 86 cm.
- The inner cutting size is 830×480 mm, and outer cutting size is 865×520 mm.
What We Like
- It is an excellent quality product.
- You can grill, prepare food on multi-burners.
- It is a built-in hob that comes with five burners.
9. Elica Hob 4 Italian Burner Auto Ignition Glass Top
It is the best Multi Flame Sabaf Burner outlined with premium finish glass top. It gives a rust-resistant texture that delivers long-lasting performance. With great design and modern looks, it adds charm in your home and kitchen. It is specially designed to offer you a comfortable cookery experience.
The burner occupies less space in the kitchen, contains quick ignition and comes with easy maintenance. It can be used as a built in hob or freestanding cooktop hob. The efficient burner comes with the latest technique and uniform flame distribution. It is perfectly fit for Indian kitchens.
- It comes with premium finish glass top that gives a rust resistance texture.
- The toughened glass comes with five years warranty.
- The multi-flame Italian Burners includes two big Lotus and 2 Medium Lotus Burner.
- It supports automatic ignition.
- The cast-iron support with Matt enamelling helps the container to stay on the gas stove.
- The knobs are designed correctly and beautifully cut to adds easiness in your daily-work.
- It contains a smooth finish for better comfort as the nozzles rotate complete 360 degrees.
- The hob provides two-year warranty on Microswitch; Jets, Spark Plugs and 5-year on glass or valves.
What We Like
- It delivers long-lasting performance.
- The quality of the burners is excellent.
- This kitchen appliance comes with an automatic ignition mode.
10. Seavy 3 Brass Burner Built-in Hob
It is a three square-shaped burner and Italian Hob that makes an ideal addition to your modular kitchen. It provides you with a flawless look and can be installed in any kitchen. It is made of toughened glass and makes your cooking experience more convenient.
It is the best kitchen hobs that has a compact design and brings unique pan support that assures that you have a secure and rustproof cooking-experience without any hassle. The three burners are arranged in a particular manner for simple-operation and cleaning. It is specially made to suit Indian cooking style.
- Its complete body made from elegant black toughened glass.
- It works on automatic ignition that provides effortless cooking.
- The product comes with one year of manufacturing warranty.
- The three brass burner of the hob is better for multitasking cooking.
- The model of the hob is sleek and straightforward.
What We Like
- It gives a great range of gas flame adjustment option.
- The design of the hob is sleek and compact.
What We Didn’t Like
- It may sometime produce lower flames.
Most Popular Kitchen Hob Brands in India
Different Types of Hobs
1. Gas Hobs
It is the right choice for most of the people in India. Gas hobs provide instant heat and perfect control as compared to other gas hobs.
It has mains with the button ignition feature to turn the hob on/off. You can remove it easily from the kitchen slab for cleaning purposes. Gas hobs are suitable for different types of cooking.
a) Gas On Hobs
It is quite challenging to get rid of the spillages on a traditional steel gas hob. Due to this reason, many users prefer Gas on glass hobs.
It is nothing but a gas stove mounted on glass. It is safe and easy to clean. It is far more expensive than other gas hobs. In this type, controlling the heat of the hob is a difficult-task.
If you plan to opt this model, make sure to have a toughened glass material that lasts for years.
2. Electric Hobs
In Electric gas hobs, the heating is placed under the durable ceramic glass.
It protects the top-layered ceramic design from overheating. It works on electricity, and it is easy to maintain.
The integrated heating design is used for baking and cooking.
There are three different varieties of gas Hobs that operate with electricity. It includes Solid Plate, Induction and Ceramic.
a) Solid Plate Hobs
It produces the best value with a limited budget range. But it consumes more energy than other gas stoves. It covers the heating element that increases the time to heat the hob. Controlling and cooling down the heat is a difficult-task.
b) Induction Hobs
Inductions Hobs are secure to use and are energy efficient. The gas hobs get activated when the pan is heated through iron-based magnetic type – spiral copper coil under the glass surface. It completes the task quickly by consuming less power.
c) Ceramic Hobs
This type of kitchen hob is placed below the ceramic glass. It is an ultra-stylish model and is easy to clean. It comes with a safety-function that inhibits the overheating of the ceramic glass. It is costlier than the other types of gas hobs for the kitchen.
How to Choose Kitchen Hobs?
A Kitchen Hob is valuable kitchen equipment. There are a few things you need to consider before choosing Kitchen Hob for home.
Always keep in mind that being safe is necessary. Mostly the gas hobs come with three or four gas burners. Look for the burners that endow an extra-safety feature. The built-in flame guard cuts the gas supply immediately after the flame extinguishes.
It is an important thing to look before buying a Kitchen Hob. Consider the kitchen space for installation that will help you work better in the kitchen. One has to check whether the gas burner is placed at a distance in a suitable location. If it’s not done correctly, it may result in poor cookery experience.
Stainless steel or tempered glass gas hob offers excellent durability and resistance to corrosion, scratch, and temperature.
Mostly, the ignition of the kitchen hobs is automatic or by pressing the knob. The auto-ignition is connected to electric sources that run with a chord of the hobs. Some gas hobs come with a battery for auto-ignition. These gas hobs are very popular in modern kitchen appliances as it gives more comfort.
A vast number of kitchen hobs are coated with enamel and cast iron that prevents any rust or chipping that might appear because of enamel coating. It comes with pan support placing the pan on the burner. It can easily be detached or cleaned than bare stainless steel.
Unlike the ordinary gas stoves, it comes in a variety of designs and shapes. Mostly built-in hobs come with a 360-degree rotating nozzle that is used to control the flame. It is either placed upfront or on the right side. It comes with easy and useful features.
It is an essential factor for any product you buy. We suggest you opt for the high-end models that will serve for years without any disturbances. If you go with a local kitchen hob, you may not expect lifespan and performance. Instead, it will spoil your money.
Kitchen hobs are made with different kinds of materials such as steel, tempered glass, etc. Choose the built-in gas hobs that have a sturdy and robust buildup.
Price and Warranty
Higher the rate, more features you get. Cost is the least vital aspect if you plan to buy a high-quality kitchen hob. Don’t hesitate is spending a bit more to buy a model that gives better performance. However, it is up to the person to purchase the product as per his requirements.
Look for the reputation of the brands and warranty details so that you may interact with the manufacturer within the specified period, in case there is a fault in the product. You can also check on amazon and buy online the best hob for your kitchen as per your budget range.
Some Features of Kitchen Hobs
- It comes with a child safety-lock. The lock uses a touch control mechanism to lock the stove settings from being misused.
- It provides flame failure protection. It stops flammable gas from entering the burner.
- It has auto shut off option that turns-off the power when cooking is done.
- It comes with overspill protection that helps to detect when liquid spills over the burner. It turns the power off automatically by identifying any spill.
- The new models of kitchen gas hobs have a power booster. It is found in an electric stove the increases the power in one or two rings for quick boiling.
- Timer setting is one of the fantastic smart features of the kitchen hobs. It can be a boon if you are busy.
Some Tips For Using The Kitchen Hobs
Here are some useful tips everyone must take care of using a kitchen hob:
- Don’t place plastic dishes, boxes or items other than cooking vessels on the top of burners.
- If you are prone to infections and allergies, wear gloves to protect your hands.
- While you shut-off the burner, close the regulating valve first and then turn off the knob.
- When you are not using the kitchen hob, close the valve of the cylinder using a dust cap.
- Don’t tilt the cylinder in a horizontal position while you are cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Hob Better Than A Cooktop?
A cooktop is a quite portable product. Whereas, the built-in hob is a permanent gas stove product. Both are better as per the convenience. But hobs take more space than the cooktop.
2. What Is Hob In A Gas Stove?
A gas stove is kitchenware you can use on direct heat or by gas as a fuel. It comes in the form of a kitchen hob, gas range, etc.
A gas hob is installed on the surface, such as a counter. It is not mobile, but you can clean the surface on which it is installed.
3. What Is The Right Way To Use An Induction Hob?
Below are the steps to use an Induction Knob.
- Switch the hob unit on the wall.
- Place the induction pan on the hob ring.
- Hold your finger down on the power and the button located on the appliance.
- Begin cooking by selecting the sensor.
- You can adjust the sensors by pushing the plus and minus sensors.
- Push and hold down the power button to turn the hob and off when the cooking process is over.
4. Is It Safe To Use Induction Cook Tops?
Induction cook-tops are safe to use. They generate electromagnetic field induction to make the food. However, you need to be careful while preparing the food at high temperatures.
5. What Is The Life Expectancy Of A Kitchen Hob?
On average, a kitchen hob lasts for about 4 to 5 years. However, it depends upon the usage and other factors like servicing etc. If you don’t maintain it properly, its life may reduce.
6. How To Effectively Clean The Kitchen Hobs?
Every kitchen item requires cleaning. To maintain a kitchen hob, you can follow any of the methods given below:
- Apply some liquid fluid on the hob. Let the fluid to sink in. Gently clean the hob using a microfiber cloth or a sponge.
- You can also clean the hob using a white vinegar solution and a damp cloth. It will give a shining effect to the surface of the hob.
- Remove all parts of the burner, soak them in hot soapy water, and wash them with clean water.
- After sanitation, let the hob dry in sunlight for 15-20 minutes.