In busy city life, the microwave oven has become an essential appliance in your kitchen. The microwave oven is a great kitchen appliance that helps in cooking a wide range of dishes like kebabs, cakes, tandoori and grilled chicken, and so on. It fasten the cooking and you can use different cooking methods to serve delicious food to your family.
When compared to traditional ovens, microwave ovens are much affordable and faster. Furthermore, you can save electricity bills and LPG cylinders. Microwaves is the best bet for those who love to cook and bake, As they take very less time to cook the food.
With a variety of options, you may become confused about choosing the ideal microwave oven for your kitchen.
There are three types of microwave ovens- solo, grill and convection microwave ovens.
You should know if you buy Grill microwave oven, you can’t use it for the baking purpose.
So there are various factors to consider when choosing the right microwave oven such as the size of your family, food dishes and so on.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Microwave Ovens in India
|IFB 17PM MEC 1||1200||1 Year|
|Samsung MS23F301TAK/TL||1150||1 Year|
|Bajaj 1701 MT||700||1 Year|
|Morphy Richards 20 MS||1270||2 Years|
|LG MC3286BRUM||2500||1 Year|
|Samsung CE1041DSB2/TL||2900||1 Year|
|IFB 30BRC2||1250||1 Year|
|Samsung CE73JD-B/XTL||2900||1 Year|
|Bosch HMB35C453X||2150||2 Years|
|Samsung MS23J5133AG/TL||800||1 Year|
Which Are the 10 Best Microwave Ovens in India for 2019?
1. IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven (17PM MEC 1, White)
(as of 18/07/2019 18:33 IST - Details)
View on Amazon
Now bring a new dining experience to your table. IFB 17-litres is a solo Microwave oven that is perfectly suitable for bachelors and small families. You can use this oven for reheating, cooking and defrosting. The 17 L small capacity oven is a good option to choose. As it will not require a lot of space in your kitchen.
With the 3 auto cook menu options, it helps to change your auto cook settings without having to cancel them. It is one of the Best Microwave Ovens in India (2019).
- The Product Warranty is of 1 year and 3 years warranty on Magnetron and Cavity.
- With flexi power levels, you can change power-levels during cooking programs without stopping.
- This solo microwave oven works on 1200 Watts and 230 volts.
- The 17PM-MEC1 microwave is perfect for defrosting frozen foods.
Things We Like
- The 17PM-MEC1 microwave oven makes your cooking tasks easy.
- It completes your basic cooking needs.
- With its jog dial, it is easy to use.
- It helps to save your energy and time.
- Its electromechanical timer ensures safety.
2. Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven (MS23F301TAK/TL, Black)
Samsung 23 Litres solo microwave oven suitable for families with having members. With its innovative technology, it makes a wide distribution of micro ovens so that the food is evenly cooked. With its intuitive control panel, it helps to set the desired mode quickly and easily.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on this product and 1 year on the magnetron.
- Its operating voltage is of 230 volts.
- Its power consumption is of 1150 Watts.
- With a touch of a button, it lowers standby power consumption to save electricity.
- Its ceramic enamel interior prevents bacteria so that microwave oven keep hygienic.
- Its speed defrost feature defrosts food evenly and quickly.
- Its automatic defrost algorithm calculates the correct defrosting time for 5 common food types.
Things We Like
- Its elegant curve handle enhances the exterior design.
- It’s triple distribution system ensures that the food is perfectly cooked.
- It offers auto defrost functionality.
- It saves power and cooking time.
- It comes with a stylish design that perfectly fits in any kitchen.
3. Bajaj 17 L Solo Microwave Oven (1701 MT, White)
From solo to convection with various capacities, Bajaj has a wide-range of microwave ovens to cater to all needs. A 17-litres microwave capacity is an ideal option for bachelors or small-families.
You can use this solo microwave oven for reheating, defrosting and cooking. The multistage cooking options and safety lock feature provides functionality with safety.
The presence of mechanical control knobs empowers you to dynamically maintain the temperature and heating level as per the type of food. It is one of the Best Microwave Ovens in India from Bajaj.
- With a 30-minute timer, it allows you to control your cooking needs.
- With its built-in alarm, it sends you a notification alert once the cooking-process is done.
- The warranty is of 1 year on this product and 1 year on magnetron.
- The Bajaj 1701 MT DLX microwave oven is equipped with 5 power-levels.
- With 700 Watts of power consumption, it helps in saving energy.
- It is an effortless cooking solution.
Things We Like
- Its stylish design adds elegance to the decor of any kitchen.
- It save space in your kitchen.
- It’s features are very easy to figure out.
- It gives faster cooking experience.
4. Morphy Richards 20 L Solo Microwave Oven (20 MS, Black)
(as of 18/07/2019 18:33 IST - Details)
View on Amazon
Now make your experience with this microwave oven rewarding. The 20 Litres capacity is suitable for bachelors and small Indian families. You can use it for reheat, defrost and cooking.
You can choose between 5 different power levels to cook as per your need. You can control the temperature levels as per your cooking need. The embracing technology saves your time and energy without compromising on taste and quality.
If you want perfect at all, you would want none other than Morphy Richards MWO 20 MS microwave oven. It comes with a rotational knob dial. With this, you have more precise control over the microwave functions that are handy for heavy-duty usage.
- This solo microwave oven consumes 1270 Watts.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on this product.
- It provides 5 power-levels that suit your cooking needs.
- You can bake cakes and fry potato chips, toast nuts, make popcorn, pulao, pasta, upma, carrot halwa and so on.
- With the safety-feature of overheat sensory protection, it automatically shuts off the operation in case of overheating.
- With 20 litres capacity, it provides you with ample space to cook delicious dishes for your family.
- Its mirror finish door let your microwave bring style and beauty to compliment your kitchen.
- With the defrost feature, you can defrost frozen food to the right temperature before cook it with a microwave.
Things We Like
- It has a mirror finish door.
5. LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven (MC3286BRUM, Black)
LG MC3286BRUM is a 32-litres convection microwave oven that is suitable for large families. You can use this oven for grilling, baking, defrosting, reheating and cooking.
Now indulge in samosas, pakoras and more without any worry of putting on unnecessary weight. Now you can prepare 12 different varieties of exotic Indian rotis at one touch of a button.
With the auto cook menu, make the world of exotic dishes to your special ones. It comes with pre-set cooking time and temperature. It is one of the best convection oven.
All you need to do is select the dish and press the start button. This All in one microwave allows you to churn out soft paneer and perfectly blended curd sans. With this oven, now indulge yourself in healthy habits at your home.
- With its diet fry feature, it allows you prepare your favourite crispy delights with minimum use of oil.
- It has 211 Indian auto cook menu options.
- With the 360-degree rotation of the motorised rotisserie, you can enjoy your favourite paneer tikka, chicken at your home.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on this product and 4 years on its Magnetron.
- It includes a Warranty card, starter kit and user manual.
- It comes with tactile buttons to set the cooking duration and temperature according to the type of dish.
- It has a special coated and non-stick tray for dishes that need extra browning and bottom heating.
- It comes with more hygienic and durable stainless steel cavity for the better reflection and uniform heating.
- With its concealed heater, it offers better safety in cooking for any user.
- It comes with Pasteurized Milk feature that retains all nutrition of the milk and removes bacteria.
Things We Like
- It preserves nutrition.
- You can easily make potato fries or Chicken Tikka along with Gujhiya, Samosa and Pakoras.
- It doesn’t need any supervision.
- It is convenient and time-saving.
- It lets you prepare dishes with minimal oil.
- You can use steam power to get rid of grease and grime.
6. Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (CE1041DSB2/TL, Black)
Samsung is the world’s trusted brand that brings high-quality products for you. Samsung CE1041DSB2/TL convection oven comes with a capacity of 28 litres. It offers you hassle-free cooking with its user-friendly features.
This micro oven is perfect for any family and allows you to cook food quickly. With the tandoor technology, it replicates tandoor-like conditions with a temperature of up to 200-degree celsius. It makes it possible to prepare perfect and crispy Indian roti or naan with a single touch.
With the oven, you can enjoy homemade dough or curd anytime with the fermentation feature. It utilises advanced fermentation technology that set the right temperature. It gives your family even more options for deliciously fresh meals.
- With this, enjoy sumptuous taste of tandoori rotis at the comfort of your home.
- You can choose from a wide variety of pre-programmed local recipes. With this, enjoy familiar flavours with a simple touch of a button.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on this product and 5 years on the Magnetron.
- This oven uses 2900 Watts of power.
- It comes with 5 power levels depending on the level of heating you desire.
- Its screen door adds to the aesthetics of the oven that is enhanced by the blue LCD display.
- The Turntable size of this microwave oven is of 318 mm.
Things We Like
- Its child lock feature adds the safety of your kids.
- It comes with a nice led display and exterior.
- It has an elegant design that adds a charm to your kitchen.
7. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven (30BRC2, Black)
Now simplify grilling with this stylish, black microwave oven. This oven is designed for grilling lovers. The IFB 30BRC2 has a motorised rotisserie that lets you fulfill your cooking needs to your heart’s desire.
With the multi-stage cooking feature, it saves you time and makes cooking convenient. With the inbuilt memory, it stores up to three levels of cooking simultaneously. It is perfect for Indian kitchens.
Its keep warm feature delivers low power microwave pulse that keeps the temperature of your food without overcooking it. You can activate this feature for a maximum of 90 minutes.
- Its keypad has sensitive touch and offers easy cleaning.
- Its child lock feature ensures complete safety for homes with small children.
- Now you can enjoy fermented dough and milk products anytime with the fermentation function.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on this product and 3 years on its Magnetron and cavity.
- Its deodoriser helps to keep your microwave oven free from odour and germs.
- With the steam clean feature the greasy machine get cleaned in a couple of minutes.
Things We Like
- It has an overheating protection feature.
- You can prepare delicious, crispy and browned meat dishes easy.
- It has weight defrost feature that defrost the food according to the weight of the food.
- It comes with a sensor malfunction protection function.
- It comes with express cooking & combination cooking feature.
- You can free your microwave from grease in a matter of minutes using stem clean feature.
8. Samsung 21 L Convection Microwave Oven (CE73JD-B/XTL, Black)
Now get ready to recreate your favourite restaurant dishes at the comfort of your home. Its advanced innovative technology makes a wide distribution of microwaves. With this, you can cook your food evenly.
- It has 21 litres capacity that is fit for bachelors or small-families.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on this product and 4 years on Magnetron.
- Its power defrost mode lets frozen foods defrost evenly and quickly.
- It keeps dinner perfectly warm for a long time when you get ready for guests.
- It is more than seven times scratch and rust resistance than others.
- Its ceramic enamel exterior coating makes the cleaning easier.
- This convection microwave oven works on 800 Watts of power.
Things We Like
- Its beautiful full glass enhances the exterior design.
- It doesn’t take much of your kitchen space and speeds up the cooking process.
- Its ceramic enamel interior prevents bacteria from keeping the microwave oven hygienic.
9. Bosch 23 L Convection Microwave Oven (HMB35C453X, Stainless Steel and Black)
Bosch HMB35C453X is a complete cooking tool with a baking tray, two grills and an easy user interface. Bosch microwave oven allows you to enjoy the effortless preparation of your favourite Indian and international dishes.
Now enjoy your favourite tandoori chicken, paneer and prawns cooked with precision. You can enjoy meals packed with both flavours and nutritional value. With the Bosch oven, You can prepare your food with peace of mind and safety.
- It comes with 5 cooking-modes. With this convection oven, you can use it for baking, grilling, reheating, defrosting, combination tandoori.
- It comes with built-in auto programmes.
- Its 23-litres capacity is suitable for the family having four members.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on this product and 7 years on the Magnetron.
- It comes with 5 power settings that suit all your cooking needs.
- Its voltage is of 230 volts.
- Its glass-covered door is wholly shielded from microwave emissions.
- The glass turntable helps to ensure that even the largest dished are exposed and heated.
Things We Like
- It is easy to clean.
- Its turntable is designed for stability and smooth rolling.
- It has 121 auto cook menus for easy and direct cooking.
10. Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven (MS23J5133AG/TL, Black)
The MS23J5133AG 23 litre microwave oven has a smooth ceramic interior that is easy to clean. It has 99.9% anti-bacterial protection and scratch-resistant interior is made to last.
Samsung’s MS23J5133AG offers a high style and elegance to your kitchen. Samsung applies CMF design with stainless steel and mirror.
- Its food warming feature keeps food warm at the proper temperature without over-cooking.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on the product and five years on the magnetron.
- This 23 litres of microwave oven is a perfect combination of performance and convenience.
- It has 16 pre-set Indian cooking recipes for your convenience.
- You can easily cook everything from green beans to brown rice, chicken breast to grilled salmon.
Things We Like
- It comes with a stylish design in black colour.
Famous Microwave Oven Brands in India
- Morphy Richards
Types Of Microwave Oven
Solo Microwave Oven
A solo Microwave oven is an entry-level or basic model in ovens category for easy and simple cooking.
With equal distribution of heat, multiple power levels and other safety-features, solo microwave oven is ideal for a family of 4-6 members.
You can use it for heating for cooked food, reheating and defrosting. So this type of microwave oven is cheaper as compared to grill and convection microwave ovens.
Grill Microwave Oven
Grill microwave ovens have extra grilling accessories. A grill microwave oven is perfect for re-heating, grilling, cooking the various food items such as grill meat, paneer etc.
Convection microwave oven
Convection microwaves have a fan and a heating element to create airflow patterns inside. This helps speed up the cooking and are perfectly suitable for baking and grilling.
How To Choose a Microwave Oven?
Microwave ovens are one of the integral kitchen appliances that completes the look of your kitchen.
Here are some factors that i have mentioned, and you should consider them before buying a microwave oven. If you look upon these factors, they will help you to buy the best microwave oven from the top microwave brands.
The child lock system is one of the essential safety features in microwave oven especially if you have kids in your house. Sometimes, children may put their hands inside the microwave that can cause harm for kids. The child lock safety feature is facilitated with the help of code or password. The interiors of ovens get hot when you bake then child lock feature is must in this case.
Choosing the right microwave depends on this aspect too. So, it is crucial to consider this important factor. You need a powerful microwave if you would like to cook heavy food items for your large family. The higher the voltage, the more efficient it would be. The microwave oven has wattage/power ranges from 600 to 1500 watts depends on their heating ability.
Size & Capacity
Before buying a microwave oven, you should consider its size and capacity. The microwave’s capacity is measured in litres that is a volume of space available inside. Choosing the right size of the microwave is essential. For example, if you buy a large microwave for a small quantity of food, then there wouldn’t be efficient heating and unnecessary power consumption too. If you have a small family and want to buy a solo microwave oven, 15 to 20-litres is sufficient. If you’re going to buy a grill or convection oven type, then 21-20-litres is enough.
Rotisserie is a special grilling accessory that is a steel base bar. It works on a motor system that ensures perfect grilling. Rotisserie bar can quickly grill mutton, chicken and paneer.
Some food items such as pastries and cakes take much amount of time to prepare and consume more power. The perfect alternative is to pre-heat the oven by fixing to the temperature up to 200-degree Celsius.
Auto Cook Menu
This includes preset programs also called pre-set cooking modes that help in the preparation of various recipes. Just you need to select the type of your dish and weight of food. The microwave oven will automatically calculate the time need and set the power accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Metal Objects In My Microwave?
Microwave oven radiation is reflected by metal. If too much radiation is directed to one point, this will result in sparks, and it can damage the microwave oven. Avoid using metal utensils in the oven.
Which Type Of Cookware Can I Use In My Micro Oven?
You should always use the aluminium foil, Browning Dish, Silicone bake-ware or other cooking pots in micro ovens that are approved by the manufacturers.
What Is the Perfect Way To Clean Inside of Microwave?
Dip a cloth into the mixture and wipe it over the inside of the microwave. Pour water and white vinegar into the microwave-safe bowl. Then place the bowl in the microwave and run it for 3 minutes on high power.
To remove the unpleasant odour, you just need to boil a bowl of water inside the oven with few drops of lime juice.
Is Using A Microwave oven Bad For Your Health?
Cooking in a microwave oven is highly convenient as it is simple and fast. Though, some people think that micro ovens produce harmful radiation that damages healthy nutrients. But it isn’t right as it keeps healthy nutrients in your food.
Can Micro Ovens Automatically Remove the Bad Odours?
The microwave ovens come with a deodoriser to deter the bad odours inside them. It keeps your food fresh and hygiene.
Are The Micro Ovens Safe To Cook Food?
Yes. Microwave Ovens are definitely safe to use as it doesn’t cause any side-effects. Some of the people say that the oven uses RF radiations to heat the food that can cause in developing cancer cells. This is a myth, and it is wrong. It only boils the water molecules to produce heat and doesn’t use X-Rays or gamma rays. Microwave cooking is safe and it is the modern version of traditional cooking.