A refrigerator has come a long way from being a luxury item to a necessary appliance. It’s a must-have in the kitchen and you can’t simply do without it. It is an integral part of your kitchen.
A perfect refrigerator is a lot more than providing you with cold-water. It helps to keep your food items fresh and nutritious that promotes a healthier life.
It helps to let you store your tasty desserts, and ice creams. We are living in a world of variety there are so many choices available. So when you choose a new refrigerator, it’s a matter of finding something that suits your style, space, kitchen look and budget.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Refrigerators
|LG GL-D201ASPX.ASPZEBN||4 Star||190L||Single|
|Godrej Edge Pro||5 Star||190L||Single|
|Whirlpool WDE 205 CLS 3S||3 Star||190L||Single|
|Samsung RR22M272ZS8||3 Star||212L||Single|
|Haier HRD-1703SR-R/HRD-1703SR-E||3 Star||170L||Single|
|LG GL-I292RPZL.APZZEBN||4 Star||260L||Double|
|Haier HRB-3404BS-R/HRB-3404BS-E||3 Star||320L||Double|
|Samsung RT28M3022S8||2 Star||253L||Double|
|Godrej 311||1 Year||311L||Double|
|Whirlpool IF INV CNV 305 ELT||3 Star||292L||Double|
Which Are the 10 Best Refrigerators in India for 2019?
1. LG 190 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator(GL-D201ASPX.ASPZEBN, Scarlet Plumeria, Base Stand with Drawer, Smart Inverter Compressor)
LG is one of the well-known manufacturers of refrigerators. Its new range of refrigerators come with Smart Inverter Compressor Technology that helps connect your fridge to home invertor. It is capable of handling heavy food items.
LG 190 L Direct Cool Refrigerator has all the basic features that the Indian families would need.
It is one of the Best Refrigerators in India (2019).
- It has a beautiful scarlet plumeria design.
- It has toughened glass shelves that can sustain weight upto 175 kg.
- It has 190 litre capacity.
- It operates at the widest voltage range of 90-310 volts.
- It comes with an anti-bacterial gasket that keeps out the bacteria and ensures food remains hygienic and healthy.
- It comes with 4 Star BEE ratings hence promotes less power consumption.
- It provides one year warranty on the product and ten years warranty on compressor.
- It comes with a base stand drawer for extra storage.
Things We Like
- Its Moist Balance Crisper maintains the moisture at an optimum level.
- It can easily be connected to inverter and thus provide cooling even in power cuts.
- It’s easy to clean removable airtight gasket seals the freshness and prevents dust particles from the door seal.
- It performs super silent and stabiliser-free operations.
- It makes the fastest ice in just 108 minutes.
- It has a smart inverter compressor.
2. Godrej 190 L 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Godrej Edge Pro Refrigerator offers the perfect blend of cooling and space. It gives you 24 hours of cooling retention during power cuts. It is capable of running on any home inverter.
It has a jumbo vegetable tray that coupled with a wide shelf that gives you extra storage space. It is an undefeated champion in its performance when it comes to silent operation.
- It has a 190 L of capacity and is suitable for a family of 2-3 members.
- The product has one year of manufacturing warranty and ten years on compressor.
- It comes with 5 star of energy rating.
- Its compressor is energy efficient and is more durable and produce less noise.
- It comes with a power of 230V and 110-260V of voltage.
- It has direct cooling technology and runs on the home inverter.
- The refrigerator has a consumption of 124 KWH.
- It is made of Toughened Glass Shelf Type material.
Things We Like
- It ensures better cooling.
- Its aroma lock features give 24 hours freshness of your food.
- It gives 2.5 L aqua space that allows storage for large water bottles.
- It is a great quality product.
3. Whirlpool 190 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator(WDE 205 CLS 3S GREY-E, Grey)
Whirlpool 190 L is a single door refrigerator that has a capacity of 190 litres. It is provided with a 6th sense Quick Chill technology that ensures that the food remains fresh and for a longer time. It is spacious the door racks are large enough to hold larger bottles.
- It comes with an easy manual-defrosting that provides cooling by allowing to defrost quickly.
- It performs stabiliser-free operations. It helps the fridge to run smoothly even during voltage fluctuations within a range of 130-300V.
- It comes with wire shelves and rusts free pocket handle.
- It comes with stackable ice tray option for ensuring maximum freezer space.
- It features anti-bacterial removable gasket.
- It provides maximum bottle storage with two dedicated racks that can hold five one litre bottles and three two litre bottles.
- It has extra large freezer and vegetable crisper that provides ample storage-space.
- It is backed with a one-year product warranty and five years on compressor.
Things We Like
- Its Honeycomb moisture lock technology maintains optimum moisture over all the edibles.
- It has a reciprocatory compressor that enables optimum performance with easy maintenance.
- It provides energy saving up to 35% with a 3-star rating.
- It comes with built-in stabilizer.
- It has cyclopentane insulation that reduces the amount of greenhouse gases emission.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Its interior doesn’t have toughened-glass.
- It doesn’t have a cool pad.
4. Samsung 212 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator(RR22M272ZS8, Elegant Inox, Inverter Compressor)
Samsung is the most reputed brand in India. This direct cool refrigerator has a crown design that is an innovative one and exudes a great deal of charm.
It’s Digital Inverter Compressor Technology adjusts speed according to the cooling requirements by reducing noise and energy.
- It has a toughened glass shelves that can hold up to 150 kg weight.
- It comes with a large capacity of 212 litres.
- It has a super freeze zone to make ice snacks and store frozen foods.
- It has a keyhole on the handle to lock the refrigerator.
- It comes with big-bottle guards that ensure enough space for keeping large bottles.
- It keeps vegetables fresh for a long-time with storage vege box cover.
- It performs stabilizer free operation.
- It has a 3-star rating.
- It is economical and requires manual defrosting.
- Samsung provides one year warranty on product and ten years on compressor.
Things We Like
- It is suitable for the families with 2-3 members.
- It is solar compatible.
- It has a crown door that adds a stylish look to the refrigerator.
- It has an anti-bacterial gasket that prevents microbial, bacterial and fungal build-up inside the fridge.
- Its inverter compressor is energy efficient, less noise and more durable.
Things We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have a cooling pad.
5. Haier 170 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator(HRD-1703SR-R/HRD-1703SR-E, Burgundy Red)
Haier 170 L Direct Cool Refrigerator is economical and gives smart and efficient cooling. This refrigerator performs effortlessly and offers the best cooling experience. It has ample storage space to store veggies, fruits, drinks, dairy products and more.
- It comes with Diamond Edge Freezer Technology (DEFT). It retains the cooling in the fridge even throughout long power cuts which makes it one of the Best Refrigerators in India.
- It has wired shelves.
- It has a built-in stabiliser. It ranges from 135-290 volts.
- It comes with 170 litres capacity to store food items and beverages.
- It comes with a leather finish cabinet that makes it scratch resistant.
- It features bottle storage-space that can hold big bottles and cans.
- It requires manual defrost since it has direct cooling-technology.
- It comes with a one-year warranty on product and five years on compressor.
Thing We Like
- It is suitable for bachelors.
- This refrigerator has lesser electricity consumption.
- It’s Smart and Classic design offers powerful performance and an efficient cooling.
- It features the anti-fungal door gasket that prevents buildup of bacteria inside the fridge.
- It has door-lock facility that helps to keep away your children from eating excess junk food.
Things We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have toughened-glass.
- There is no moisture control in the refrigerator.
6. LG 260 L 4 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator(GL-I292RPZL.APZZEBN, Shiny Steel, Inverter Compressor)
LG GL-I292RPZL Double Door Refrigerator presents to you an ultimate blend of power, precision and performance. It offers stunning features with enhanced functionality. This refrigerator is well built with a nice metal finish on the front. It offers a smart diagnosis feature that makes it a perfect fit for your kitchen. This refrigerator performs super silent operation along with smart energy consumption.
It is the Best Refrigerator in India that comes in your budget.
- The refrigerator has a capacity of 260 litres and it is suitable for small families.
- It has a linear cooling system that ensures uniform cooling.
- It works on Ice Beam Door Cooling technology.
- It operates within the range of 35-290 volts.
- Its air vent has a deodorising catalyst that removes unpleasant odours.
- It comprises of three toughened glass shelves units
- It features an antibacterial gasket, moist-balance crisper along with a humidity controller.
- It is covered with nine years warranty on compressor and one year on the product.
Things We Like
- This refrigerator helps to retain the freshness of food for up to 14 days.
- Its inverter linear compressor helps to save energy and reduces noise.
- Auto Smart Connect technology helps to connect the refrigerator to the home inverter.
- It is a Solar Smart refrigerator. It can be run on solar energy.
- It also features door alarm and a child-lock.
- It is a frost-free refrigerator that provides excellent service.
Thing We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have light in the freezer.
7. Haier 320 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator(HRB-3404BS-R/HRB-3404BS-E, Brushline silver, Bottom Freezer)
Haier Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator is a bottom mounted refrigerator. With its intelligent design, it helps reduce bending up to 90%. Its frost-free feature ensures that this appliance remains frost free at all times.
It is one of the Best Refrigerators in India from Haier. It is a leading brand in the world for manufacturing major household appliances.
It comes with an elegant brush line silver colour. Now feel comfort and convenience with Hair 320l refrigerator. It is an ideal refrigerator for a family size of 10-12 members.
- It comes with 320 litres gross capacity.
- It features 1 Hour Icing-Technology and 360-degree air flow that provides uninterrupted cooling.
- It is provided with bigger cool pads that helps retain the cooling effect for up to 10 hours.
- The capacity of the freezer is 86 litres and refrigerator with 234 litres.
- It features 4 toughened-glass shelves that can hold huge weight.
- It comes with 3 Star power rating.
- Its stabiliser-free operations protect the compressor from power fluctuations.
- The Refrigerator has 1 year warranty and 10 years on compressor.
Things We Like
- Its top LED light lightens the entire fridge and consumes less energy.
- It’s freezer has enough capacity to store frozen food food easily.
- It’s twin twist ice-tray helps to get the ice easily. You just need to twist it and all the ice will be collected in the box.
- It has two times bigger crisper to store more while keeping your food and veggies fresh for long time.
- It has 3 star power rating and thus proves to be energy efficient and cut down your electricity bill.
Things We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have an inverter compressor.
- It doesn’t have light in the freezer.
8. Samsung 253 L 2 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator(RT28M3022S8, Elegant Inox, Inverter Compressor)
Samsung Double Door Frost Free Refrigerator has a beautiful metal finish on the front that’ll look great in your kitchen. Samsung is a trusted and famous brand for home and electronic appliances.
Its recessed handles and hidden hinges provide a touch of elegant minimalism that compliments any modern decor.
- It has toughened-glass shelves that can hold a weight up to 150 kg.
- It has 2 star rating that can help in electricity saving.
- It has digital inverter technology that makes precise cooling adjustments.
- It comes with Easy Slide Shelves that helps to easy slide for better utilisation of space.
- The capacity of the fridge is 253 litre that is ideal for families with 2-3 members.
- Its Moist Fresh Zone keeps fruits and veggies fresher for longer.
- It comes with the warranty of one year on product and 10 years on the compressor.
- It has an in-built stabiliser.
- It comes with big-bottle guard that helps you to store big container of milk and juice.
- It comes with LED lighting that illuminates every corner and ensures better visibility.
- It comes with movable, twist ice-maker that can allow utilising your fridge space flexibly.
Things We Like
- It features all around cooling technique that maintains the temperature from top to bottom.
- It’s twist-ice maker can provide more ice cubes in short period of time.
- It features Smart-Connect Inverter that ensures a hassle-free operation throughout the power cut.
- Its anti-bacterial gasket helps keep the door liner clean.
- It has a solid build quality and an excellent recess handle.
9. Godrej 311 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator (R T Eon 311P 3.4 STL VCT, Steel)
Godrej is a well-known brand refrigerators company. Godrej 311 L double door refrigerator has built-in air vents which ensure better and all round cooling. It can store fruits, vegetables, milk, juices etc. It is equipped with a reciprocating compressor that maintains a consistent temperature and keeps the food fresh for a longer period of time. It is one of the Best Double Door Refrigerators in the market from Godrej.
- It comes with 311 litres capacity.
- It has larger vegetable-crisper with microblock technology that prevents bacterial growth.
- It keeps the freshness of vegetables and fruits intact for up longer time.
- Its chilling technology keeps the fridge cool by releasing cool air from the gel throughout the power cuts.
- This fridge is suitable for families with 7 to 8 members.
- The product has a 1 year warranty on the product. It also offers 10 years warranty on the compressor.
Things We Like
- It has 3 star energy rating that promotes energy efficiency.
- It is the great refrigerator for a larger family.
- It has a solid built quality and beautiful design.
- It comes with an inbuilt stabiliser.
10. Whirlpool 292 L 3 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double-Door Refrigerator (IF INV CNV 305 ELT (3S), German Steel)
Whirlpool 292 l double door refrigerator is convertible 5 in 1 refrigerator that allows the freezer to convert into a fridge with five different mode options.
It comes with various modes such as All season mode, Chef mode, Desert mode, Party mode and Deep Freeze mode.
It has Intellisense inverter compressor that adapts its cooling capacity according to the load inside the fridge.
- It comes with 292 litres capacity.
- It has larger vegetable crisper with microblock technology that prevents bacterial growth.
- It comes with Zeolite technology that helps to get vegetables fresh up to 15 days.
- It has a chilling gel that keeps the fridge cool by releasing cool air from the gel throughout the power cuts.
- It features the FreshFlow Air Tower that provides uniform cooling.
- It comes with a 3-star energy efficient rating.
- This fridge is suitable for families with 2-3 members.
- It is powered with Intellifresh technology. It keeps the freezer as cold as it gets, with minimum energy consumption.
- The product comes with a 1 year warranty. It also offers10 years warranty on the compressor.
Things We Like
- It features power cool and power freeze.
- Its all-round cooling system cools the refrigerator evenly from corner to corner.
- It performs stabiliser free operations.
- Its led lighting is slimmer and more power-efficient than conventional lighting.
- Its digital display allows to change temperature settings easily.
- It is a convertible refrigerator.
- It features door alarm that’ll alert you if the fridge door is not shut correctly or accidentally left open.
Best Refrigerator Brands in India
Types Of Refrigerators
Single Door Refrigerator
The Single door refrigerators are the smallest refrigerators. It has only one door for the entire appliance. These refrigerators are best suited for small sized families. They are small and compact in size. So a single door refrigerator is a good option for people who don’t have enough space in their kitchen.
These refrigerators usually have a capacity between 50 to 300l. It is budget-friendly and consumes 30-40% less energy compared to double door refrigerator of similar capacity.
Single door fridge usually operates with direct cool technology. Generally, these refrigerator doesn’t have frost free function. You”ll have to defrost it manually from time to time using the defrost option.
Double Door Refrigerator
Double door refrigerator has separate doors for freezer and refrigerator. These refrigerators have a capacity of between 200-700 litres. This is preferable for families with 3 to 5 members. It comes with frost-free technology as it uses automatic fans to circulate cool air, hence consuming 30-40% more electricity. It has a larger freezer chamber and adjustable shelves; therefore double door fridge are more spacious than the single door refrigerator.
The prices are mid-range however can increase with the increase in size since it has a lot more features than a single door. In double door refrigerator, the freezer can be either at the top or the bottom. They consume more amount of electricity as compared to single door models.
- Top Mount Fridges
Top-Mount models are the most common type of refrigerators. In these refrigerators, you find a freezer compartment located at the top with the main refrigeration unit beneath it.
- Bottom Mount Fridges
In the bottom mounted refrigerators, the freezer box is situated at the bottom of the fridge. Freezer on the bottom provides easier access to the fridge section.
These refrigerators are larger in size with a capacity between 500l to 900l. Side by side door refrigerators are also known as french door refrigerator.
With a unique design, they have two doors that open on each side like a cabinet. Side by side refrigerators are quite pricey and have advanced features.
Some of them come with water dispensers that help in filing the glass without the need to open any door. A side by side refrigerator is ideal for large and joint families with 10-15 members. Most of the side-by-side refrigerator performs super silent operations. They also have multi air flow system that circulate the cool and fresh air throughout the refrigerator.
Triple Door Refrigerator
The triple door refrigerators comprises of three compartments. They generally have one fridge, one freezer and one compartment for storing fruits and vegetables. It is useful for moderate size families as it comes with the capacity of 200-400 litres.
It is a perfect choice to buy if you’re looking for an extra space that specifically for vegetables and fruits.
What Features To Keep In Mind When Choosing A Refrigerator?
The market hosts a wide variety of multi, single or double door refrigerators. Before selecting the best refrigerator, you have to keep in mind your requirements regarding what is suitable for you. Below are the some factors which you should consider before buying a refrigerator.
It refers to the volume of the space inside the refrigerator. In general, the capacity of the refrigerator is a total of the freezer capacity and fridge capacity.
For instance, if there a refrigerator with 350 litres capacity, then it could be that the size of the fridge is 300l and the capacity of the freezer is 50l.
Storage capacity depends on the size of the family and your eating habits. Here is a guideline to help you:
|Family Size||Ideal Capacity|
|Bachelors or couples||less than 200 litres|
|Small families with 3-4 members||200-300 litres|
|Family of four||250-300 litres|
|Large families||300 litres or more|
- Direct Cool
In direct cool type, the refrigerator needs to be defrosted manually. It produces chill through a natural convection process. Direct cool refrigerators only comes with single door options and needs to defrost periodically.
- Frost Free
Frost-free refrigerators remains frost free since it automatically defrosts. Defrost cycle works in periodical intervals and uses an electric fans to distribute the cooling more evenly. Frost free technology prevents the formation of frost in the freezer.
Nowadays, all modern refrigerators are coming with frost free function and usually have a longer life.
The energy ratings implies how good the refrigerator is when it comes to energy efficiency. The stars on the fridge give an estimate of the energy consumption. These stars signify the Energy Efficiency Rating (EER).
If the number of stars is more, it indicates that the energy consumed is less and vice versa. Keep in mind that cost also rises with increasing stars.
Smart Inverter Compressor
Refrigerators with inverter compressor run on the different speed that increases cooling when the system detects a loss of cooling. The inverter technology help us in saving electricity and also extends the compressor’s life.
- Shelves – There are three types of shelves: toughened glass, wired or acrylic. Glass shelves are stronger and more durable.
- Temperature Controls – It will be a good option to buy a refrigerator with separate temperature control option to maintain the temperature of the fridge. One for the freezer and the other one for food compartment or vegetable basket.
- Adjustable shelves and bottle racks – Most of the refrigerators have adjustable shelves that can be adjusted to make space for larger items.
- Water and Ice Dispenser – Water Dispenser & Ice Dispenser serves cold water without opening the refrigerator. But they need continuous supply of water.
- Deodoriser – It prevents bad odours from forming inside the refrigerator using active deo and powerful filters.
- Noise level – Make sure to check the noise-level of the refrigerator that is measured in dB.
- Moisture control – This feature helps fruits and veggies to remain fresh for the longer periods. It maintains the freshness of fruits and vegetables and assures that their natural taste remain intact.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is a refrigerator supposed to last?
The life expectancy of the fridge is affected by how well it is cared for and its build quality. Some models may last only about 10 to 12 years, while others may run for up to 17 to 19 years.
What are the benefits of top freezer refrigerators?
They have the freezer compartment positioned above the refrigerator unit. Top freezers are usually more energy efficient than bottom freezers. It is located away from the compressor and uses about 10 to 25% less power.
How many units does the 2-star refrigerator consume?
Ideally, the 2-star fridge consumes about 1 unit per day. However, it depends on how you use it. The 4 Star refrigerator consumes considerably less energy.
How much space should one leave around the refrigerator?
It is better to have adequate ventilation of at least ½ to 1-inch space on all the three sides of the refrigerator as the sides can become hot.