The summer season has started. It is going to reach its peak in the coming months. The intense heat spoils foodstuffs such as milk, vegetables, and so on. So, refrigeration is of great importance. Without it, there would be a large amount of rotten food, which will be thrown into the waste-bin.
The refrigerator is one of the most significant kitchen appliances that keep your food cold and safe. It keeps your eating items protected from rotting. You can feel refreshing for long time-period by drinking cold water and drinks. It also keeps the food fresh and protects it from spoiling.
In refrigerators, there are four kinds of the fridge such as single door, double door, triple door and side by side refrigerators. But, today we are going to discuss India’s No. 1 Refrigerator that is Single Door Refrigerator.
We have prepared a list of Best Single Door Refrigerator in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Single Door Refrigerators in India
|Single Door Refrigerator||Capacity||Star|
|Godrej RD EPro 205 TAI 5.2 BRZ WIN||190L||5|
|Whirlpool IMPWCool PRM 3S||200L||3|
|Whirlpool IMFRESH ROY 4S||215L||4|
Which are the Top 10 Best Single Door Refrigerators in India 2021?
1. LG 190 L 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
LG is one of the most popular refrigerator manufacturers. LG GL-B201APZY comes from the LGs new range of refrigerator. With a Smart Inverter Compressor, it delivers great and super silent operations. It promises great savings on electricity bills by consuming less power.
This single door refrigerator can operate at a voltage of 90 volts to 310 volts due to its stabiliser-free operation. It comes with high-quality material. Its shelves are made of toughened-glass that can allow it to hold heavy food-items.
- It has a BEE 5-star rating.
- The capacity of the refrigerator is 190L and is best for small families.
- LG gives a warranty of one year on the refrigerator and ten years on compressor.
- It offers unmatched-performance and significant savings.
- Its smart connect technology allows you to connect your refrigerator to a home inverter in case of a power-cut.
- It provides the fastest ice-making feature that makes ice quickly in 108-minutes.
- It comes with a toughened glass shelf that can take a load of 175 kgs.
What We Like
- It comes with an antibacterial gasket.
- The quality of the product is the best.
- It has a stylish and impressive design.
- It has a constant airflow to prevent the ice build-up in best ways.
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have cooling retention feature as it is a direct-cool model.
2. LG 270 L GL-B281BPZX.DPZZEBN 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
LG refrigerator provides unmatched quality and performance. It is one of the Best Refrigerators that comes with inverter compressors to keep the refrigerator running effectively. Its smart inverter technology helps to reduce your electricity bill.
Its cooling system is great, so you can store food, milk, or anything. It consists of a unique lattice-type box cover that helps to maintain moisturisation.
- Its capacity is 270 L that is suitable for a family with 2-3 members.
- Its form factor is the single door and the installation type is free-standing.
- It is a 4-star BEE Rated Refrigerator.
- It has three toughened glass shelves that are capable of handling the large weight.
- The product has a one year warranty. The compressor has a 10-years-warranty.
- It comes with antibacterial gasket. Its easy to clean feature keeps food healthy and hygienic for a more long period.
- It offers protection against fluctuations.
What We Like
- It has the ice making feature that makes ice in 108-minutes.
- The quality of the product is good.
- It is the best choice for a small family.
- It is power saving.
3. Samsung 255 L RR26N389YUT/HL 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
It is the Best Refrigerator as it makes precise cooling adjustments to keep your food fresh for a longer time. You can stock vegetables, milk, juices and other materials. It comes with an inbuilt stabiliser. You don’t need to buy a separate stabiliser.
It’s Digital Inverter Compressor uses less energy, minimises noise and reduces wear-and-tear for an excellent performance. It comes with excellent built quality that makes it great value for money. This single door refrigerator is the highly energy efficient models with a 4-star rating.
- Its capacity is 230 litres. Its freezer is of 25 litres.
- This single door refrigerator is perfect for 2-3 family members.
- It comes with a 4-star energy rating.
- The warranty is one year on the product and ten-years on the compressor.
- It has toughened glass shelves that can take a weight of 150 kgs.
- It offers the best storage space to store veggies and keeps the freshness for a long time.
- With the cool-wave feature, it keeps food chilled for up to 9-hours even under power cuts.
- It comes with a removable anti-bacterial gasket that can prevent bacteria from entering and keeps the deepest corner of the refrigerator clean.
- It comes with two multi-utility Fresh-Max door bins that offer extra space.
- It includes a base stand drawer in the lower part of the refrigerator. You can store onions and potatoes in this drawer.
- It comes with the best digital inverter technology that adjusts the compressor speed.
What We Like
- Its stylish bar chrome handle gives a smart look.
- The single door model has a stabilizer free operation.
- It offers 24-hours freshness.
- It also offers large capacity verge box to keep all the vegetables and fruits fresh.
- It is environment-friendly and energy-saving.
- It comes in a stylish pebble blue colour with a soft and unique round design that adds beauty to your kitchen.
4. Samsung 212 L RR22N287YB8/NL 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
It is a new technology refrigerator ideal for small size family. It comes with energy-saving and smart connector inverter that makes it the Best single door Refrigerator in India. It is solar compatible.
These single door refrigerators have a Grande Door design with stainless steel finish that enhances the look of the refrigerator. It includes the base stand drawer to store all of your food items that don’t need cooling.
- It comes with the capacity of 212 litres
- It comes with a 12 months warranty on the product and ten-years-warranty on the compressor.
- It comes with the inverter compressor technology that can produce less noise.
- It has toughened glass shelves that can withstand weights up to 150kg.
- The product has an energy-saving feature. It comes with 3-star energy-ratings.
What We Like
- Its 212 litres capacity is perfect for small family of 4- 5 persons.
- It is made with steel material that makes the quality of the product excellent and more durable.
- It provides better cooling and compressors for working in good condition.
- It has a bar-chrome handle that gives a chic and modern-day look.
What We Didn’t Like
- It produces vibrating sounds.
5. Godrej 190 L R D EPro 205 TAI 5.2 BRZ WIN 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
It is the Best Single Door Refrigerator in India from Godrej packed with amazing features. Godrej Refrigerator is an excellent combination of cooling and space. The stay-cool technology gives 24-Hour freshness during power cuts.
These single door refrigerators are the ideal place to store fruits, vegetable and dairy products. The cooling technology will make sure that everything stays fresh for longer duration. With the best intelligent features, this kitchen appliance helps to save power and huge money on electric bills. It ensures maximum coolness to food and comfort to the user.
- The product has 190 L capacity.
- It is fit for families with 2-3 members.
- It comes with a 5-star BEE energy ratings.
- The refrigerator comes with a one-year warranty.
- The compressor comes with a warranty time of 5 years.
- Its stay-cool feature provides 24-hour cooling retention during power cut.
- It comes with a toughened glass-shelves and large vegetable tray.
- It comes with the best in-built stabiliser.
- It comes with Inverter-Compressor that makes it more long-running.
What We Like
- It provides energy-efficient light that consumes very less energy and lightens the entire refrigerator.
- It comes with the solid build quality and consumes less power.
- It offers the best blend of cooling and space as compared to regular ones.
- It does not require an external stabiliser.
6. Whirlpool 200 L 215 IMPWCool PRM 3S 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Whirlpool Refrigerators come in an exciting range of single door refrigerators at an attractive rate. Whirlpool IMPWCool is a winning product with the capacity of 200 litres and 3 Star rating from BEE(Bureau of Energy Efficient).
These single door refrigerators are no.1 in ice-making since it features all-new Laminar Air Flow and Insulated capillary technology. It makes ice faster than any other products in its class.
This machine comes with a vegetable crisper for storing a large number of vegetables and other eatables. Its unique cooling vents regulate the air in a laminar-flow for uniform cooling throughout the fridge. It is the Top-rated Single Door Refrigerator in India as it allows secure storage of large and small utensils.
- It comes with a single door and a direct-cool feature that require manual defrosting.
- It comes with a capacity of 200L that is suitable for a family with 2-3 members.
- It comes with Honey Comb moisture lock that retains optimum moisture in vegetables and keeps them fresher for longer.
- It comes with a 1-year-warranty on the product and ten years on the compressor.
- It is a 3 star rated product.
- It has two toughened glass shelves and a jumbo bottle rack.
- It comes with in-built stabiliser and reduces the need for an extra stabiliser.
What We Like
- It has a modern and sleek look that can add charm to your kitchen interiors.
- There is also a medicine-box on the door side of the fridge
- It provides the best and fast cooling. It is perfect in cooling-retention of 12 hours in case of power failure.
- Its moisture control helps to adjust the humidity level.
7. Samsung 215 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
It provides good stabiliser free operation and prevents electrical damage or shortening if there are any voltage fluctuations. It is suitable single door Refrigerator for 2-3 members family.
Its best Cool-Wave feature comes to rescue through unexpected outages in the electricity-supply. These home appliances can run on solar energy as it comes from the range of Solar Connect refrigerators.
- The capacity of the refrigerator is 215 L.
- There is a warranty of 1 year on the product and ten years on the compressor.
- It comes with 3 Star Energy Rating.
- Its toughened glass-shelves can take 150 kg load. It allows you to place the heavy utensils.
- It retains cooling for up to 9 hours even during power cuts.
- It has a multi-utility door bin, Fresh-Max, offers extra-space to keep veggies and big bottles.
- It includes a divider to attach plastic bags and separate bottles.
- Its digital inverter compressor adjusts its speed in response to cooling demand across seven levels.
- Its antibacterial gasket can prevent the entry and build-up of bacteria and fungi inside the refrigerator.
What We Like
- This power cool technology refrigerator has a grande door-design.
- It provides a safety cover at the back that makes the product durable.
- It has a sturdy vegetable box that keeps the vegetables fresh.
- The product is best for small families.
8. Samsung 192 L RR20M1Y2XUT 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
It uses less energy, minimises noise and reduces wear and tear for long-lasting operation. It comes with the best digital-inverter technology and provides a warranty on the compressor for ten years.
It is softly curved, round-top shape, sleek and elegant design. This fridge has a BEE 5 star rating that makes it the Best Refrigerator in the Indian market.
- It provides 192 L capacity that is perfectly best for small families.
- The product comes with 5-star energy-ratings.
- The product holds a warranty of 12 months. And, the compressor carries a 10-years-warranty.
- It works stable even in high fluctuation of voltage (100V-300V).
- It maintains optimum moisture in the vegetables and keeps them fresh.
- It comes with the Smart Inverter Compressor that gives huge relief on electricity bills.
- It shelves made of glass can hold weight up to 150kg.
- It comes with multi-utility door bin and FreshMax that provides plenty of space for storing fruits and vegetables.
What We Like
- BEE certifies Samsung-Refrigerators energy efficiency. Hence, it saves a lot of money by using less electricity.
- It keeps the milk fresh for 12 hours even after a power cut.
- The quality of this single door fridge-model is great and works well.
9. Haier 195 L HED-20FDS 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Haier is a world-famous brand for home appliances. Haier HED-20FDS is one of the most efficient products that come under this brand. With this top-class product, you can be experienced faster-cooling in quick time.
It is a blend of great design and useful features that makes it the Best Single Door Refrigerator in India. With the fresh room of this refrigerator, storing food and freshness of edibles is never an issue. This machine allows the person to store vegetables up to seven days without worrying.
- It has a brushed silver coloured body with a smooth finish.
- It provides a capacity of 19 litres and gives a direct cooling technology.
- Its stabilizer free operation offers a wide range of voltage 135-290V.
- The product has a one year warranty and compressor has ten years.
- Haier refrigerator provides 1-Hour Icing Technology.
- It comes with a door lock facility.
- It is a 4-star energy rating refrigerator.
- It has a toughened glass shelves that can hold the weight up to 120 kgs.
- There is an Anti-fungal removable gasket on the refrigerator door. It can be fixed and cleaned against fungal infection.
What We Like
- Ice-making is speedy, and ice cubes are ready in 45 minutes.
- The refrigerator has a sleek design, and its metallic paint is excellent.
- It has a cooling pad that maintains freezer temperature for up to 10-hours.
- Its high energy efficiency consumes the least units per year.
What We Didn’t Like
- The body of the refrigerator scratches easily.
- You manually have to defrost the freezer to remove ice build-up.
10. Whirlpool 4S 230 IMFRESH ROY 215 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Whirlpool is a great brand that manufactures electronic products such as refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners, etc at best prices. This refrigerator model from this brand provides effortless performance and offers amazing cooling experience. It provides a good shelf life and better storage for vegetables, drinks, processed-fruits, and dairy products.
Its vegetable crisper comes with Honey Comb moisture lock. The insulated capillary technology offers benefits such as better compressor efficiency, faster cooling and 12-hour cooling retention. It is the Best Refrigerator as it ensures that the food remains odour free for a long time. In terms of storage capacity, this home appliance comes with 215 L storage space.
- It has 4-star BEE ratings.
- Its powerful performance provides efficient cooling.
- It comes with an advanced insulated capillary technology. The refrigerant passes near the freezer to maximize the cooling.
- It can retain the best cooling for 12-hours through power cuts.
- It has activated carbon that removes all kind of odour from crisper.
- It features 6th Sense FreshControl Technology.
- It comes with a stabilizer free operation that ranges from 130-300 volts.
- It has a Laminar-AirFlow feature that makes ice-faster.
- It consists of medicine and utility crisper. It helps keep your drugs free from contamination.
What We Like
- This single door fridge-model comes with anti-fungal-gasket for preventing the entry of fungi and bacteria.
- It locks optimum moisture in veggies and keeps them fresh.
- It provides excellent insulation and better cooling.
- It is available in pedestal and non-pedestal models.
Best Single Door Refrigerator Brands
How to Choose a Single Door Refrigerator?
There are different kinds of options available in India, with many new exciting new features. It makes life more comfortable, but at the same time confuses you as to which refrigerator to buy.
Always look for the reputed brand. The best reputable brands in terms of trustworthiness, durability and customer service are LG, Haier, etc. These brands also provide customer care service to there customers in case of product related to queries or issues.
In this section of this article, we have mentioned some traits that one needs to review before buying a refrigerator at the online website or store.
Water and Ice Dispenser
This feature not only saves your time and energy but also ensures cooling of the fridge. You can keep the refrigerator frosty for an extended time-period without opening it. But, it needs a continuous water supply to function.
The better the power-ratings, the better it ensures maximum cooling.
You must check the energy ratings before buying to ensure the savings.
Most of the fridges are built with an LED light. The bright LED provides more light but uses less energy.
This feature helps to remove any foul smell of food and odour particles from the fridge. It keeps the air fresh and stops fungal growth in the refrigerator. This feature erases all the bad smell of the food and maintains freshness.
Adjustable Shelves and Bottle Racks
The single door fridges have adjustable shelves that can be moved to make space for large items. It is the most beneficial feature for you.
You can change the bottle racks or height of the shelves as per your needs and utilise it to the fullest.
Tough Glass Shelves
You can safely keep your food items inside the fridge.
Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) is annually updated that gives the latest productivity rating. It is set over the standard test conditions and energy may vary depending upon the actual usage.
These days almost all the direct cool single door fridges come with built-in-stabilizer. It keeps your fridge guarded against voltage fluctuations. This feature extends the life of your fridge.
Convertible Refrigerator / Freezer
It is a superb feature for those who host many parties at home. To make more space in the refrigerator for large water bottles and fruits, you can adjust the divider.
With a button touch, you can convert the freezer into a fridge to have more space.
Antifungal Removable Gasket
It restricts the fungal and bacterial growth on the door’s gasket. The gasket is comfortable to remove and clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which Fridge is Best, Double or Single Door?
The double door refrigerator is designed for the family of four to five, whereas a single type refrigerator is for couples or small families.
The single-door refrigerator has a capacity of 50-250 litres whereas double door refrigerators have a capacity of 235 Liters to 495 Liters.
The single-door fridge consumes less electricity than a double door refrigerator. It is economical as compared to a double door refrigerator. The double door fridge is also a Best Refrigerator in India. Some models have a water dispenser or ice dispenser in the fridge.
The price list of a single or double type slightly varies from low to high, according to the model. Branded fridges are comparatively expensive but you can get discount offers at online retail stores like Amazon.
Both the single or double door is the best and efficient according to your needs and suitability.
2. How Long Is a Refrigerator Supposed To Last?
The life expectancy of a refrigerator depends on how well it is cared for and its construction. Some models last for about ten years, while others work for as long as 19 years. The compact refrigerator runs for 14 years on average while standard refrigerators work up to 17 years.
3. How Many Units of Electricity Does a Refrigerator Use Per Day?
The power consumption of the fridge depends on many factors. It includes size, location, usage, its temperature, age and condition.
Usual electricity consumption of domestic fridges is between 100 to 200 watts. Over a full day, it uses around 1 to 2 kilowatt-hours (kWh).
4. What is Frost Free Refrigerator?
Self-defrosting, automatic defrost or Auto-defrost is a technique that regularly deforests the evaporator in a refrigerator or freezer.
The refrigerator using this technique is called frost free, no frost or frostless refrigerator.