Air conditioners were once known as the luxury product. But now it had got a decent place in almost every middle-class household. It is not only used in the metro cities but also the small towns.
In the past few years, the average temperature has risen to 0.8° C across the globe. During the hottest months of the summer season, the temperature even crosses 45° C.
In such scorching heat, a Split Air Conditioner is modern India’s only hope of relief.
Whether at the house or in the workplace, an Air Conditioner is an absolute necessity.
The most popular and common type of Air Conditioner in the market at the moment is the Split Inverter Air Conditioner.
Split Air Conditioning systems offer an utterly ductless-design; this upsurges your energy-saving and reduces money spent on future utility bills.
If you’re looking for an affordable, modest way to bring chilled refreshing air into your home, a split Air Conditioner might be a perfect choice.
We have prepared a list of Best Split AC in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Split AC in India
|Sanyo SI/SO-15T3SCIA||1.5 Ton||3|
|Daikin FTKF50TV||1.5 Ton||5|
|Blue Star IC518QATX||1.5 Ton||5|
|Whirlpool MagicCool Elite Pro 3S||1.5 Ton||3|
|Voltas 183WZJ||1.5 Ton||3|
|Lloyd LS18I35JA||1.5 Ton||3|
|Hitachi RSOG518HCEA||1.5 Ton||5|
|LG KS-Q18HTXD||1.5 Ton||3|
Which are the Top 10 Best Split AC in India 2021?
1. Sanyo 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
Sanyo is the Japanese Air Conditioning brand with a rich legacy of 7 decades that brings to you the latest in AC technology with its inverter-series. This 1.5 ton 3-star inverter split AC comes with full inverter technology, and other unique features to meet all your cooling needs.
This Split AC is available at an economical price range. With Glacier mode, enjoy jet-speed cooling at your fingertips. It is the best split AC that allows 35% faster speed to deliver instant cooling in a lesser amount of time. It comes with 100% copper coil for more rapid heat transfer and resistance to corrosion.
- This 1.5 Ton Split Air Conditioner is suitable for medium sized rooms of 111-150 sq ft.
- Its annual power consumption is 1068.18 units, and input-supply is 230 volts.
- It features Duo Cool Inverter technology, ensures faster cooling.
- This 1.5 Ton AC has an energy rating of 3 stars.
- It comes with R32 Refrigerant. It protects condenser from accidental fire while ensuring zero damage to the ozone layer.
- Its sleep function auto-adjusts the temperature for a comfortable sleep.
- It comes with the copper coil that provides proper-cooling.
- Its Automatic timer allows convenient time setting.
- It has Hydrophilic Fins that protects against rust and salt damage.
- It comes with built-in PM 2.5 and anti-dust filters to remove dust, pollen etc.
- Sanyo gives one year of warranty on the product and five years warranty on the compressor.
What We Like
- It provides instant cooling.
- It produces low sound.
- It minimises the cost and saves electricity.
- It is sleek and elegant.
- It comes with the hidden temperature display.
2. Toshiba 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter Split Air Conditioner
This 1.5 Ton 4 Star Split AC (Copper) has a new modern design that creates fresh air to live a better quality of life by consuming less energy consumption. This Hi-Wall-Inverter, 3-Star AC, has a 13% bigger FCU (Fan Coil Unit), and 10% increased heat-transfer surface. It cools your room quickly.
It is the best split AC in India that comes with superior aesthetics and sturdiness. With environment-friendly inverter-compressor, you can get up to 40% more saving than conventional fixed-velocity units. The refrigerant R410A gas provides zero damage to the environment and helps in making the planet greener.
- It comes with 1.5-ton capacity.
- It is ideal for medium sized room of 111 to 150 sq ft.
- It is a 4-Star AC.
- It features a dust filter.
- The yearly power consumption of these machines is 1041.65 units
- It has a condenser coil that is made of copper. It offers great cooling and low maintenance.
- It comes with best and advanced technologies like the PAM and PWM.
- It comes with Self Cleaning functionalities. It keeps the filter dryer to prevent any odour and mould formation.
- It features Magic Coil that is an aqua resin-coated coil. It reduces the buildup of dust and makes the coil last longer.
- The machine comes with a big heat sink and electronic box to keep out the insects & rodents.
- It comes with a warranty period of one year on the product and five years on compressor.
What We Like
- It is energy efficient and environment friendly as compared to regular ones.
- It is easy to maintain.
- Its inner components are safe and rustproof.
- Its stabiliser free operations ensure protection from fluctuations.
- It is a budget-friendly product.
3. Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
This 1.5 Ton AC comes with stabiliser free operation, ambient working and refrigerant leakage detector. It is the best split AC in India that has an electrostatic dust filtration system that gives clean air. Its FlexiCool HybridJet technology offers four operating modes: very hot, hot, moderately warm.
This 1.5 Ton Split AC from Carrier. has modes that automatically adjust AC’s electricity consumption and help you to save electricity bills. This Split AC (Copper) comes with a variable speed compressor that auto-adjusts the power depending on the heat load.
- It comes with a capacity of 1.5 Ton and is suitable for the medium size room.
- It has a 5-star energy rating and has great efficiency.
- It consumes 871.07 units of energy, and the ISEER value is 4.62.
- There is a one-year manufacturing warranty on the AC, one year on the condenser and ten years on the compressor.
- It works efficiently between 150v and 280v without stabiliser even at high room temperature.
- It’s copper coils give better cooling and requires low maintenance as compared to an aluminium condenser.
- It has R32 refrigerant gas.
What We Like
- It comes with a high ambient cooling function. The high cooling keeps you comfortable even at 55 degrees temperature.
- It ensures a low voltage operation.
- It has a powerful and durable design.
- It gives stabilizer free operation.
- It is efficient to give the high performance for a long time.
4. Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split Air Conditioner
It offers heat exchanger technology that enhances more transfer of heat. It increases the lifespan of the Split AC and makes it more durable than its peers. This best split AC in India is a BEE 5-star-rated that consumes less power while delivering the maximum outcome.
This 1.5 Ton Inverter Split AC makes use of R32 refrigerant that has zero ODP (ozone depletion potential), modified GWP (global warming potential) compared to other refrigerants. It reduces carbon emissions. The Neo Swing Compressor decreases friction and vibration. It further prevents the leakage of refrigerant gas during compression that makes it the value for money.
- It is a 1.5 Ton Inverter; five stars Split Air Conditioner.
- It has an annual-consumption of 767 units, and its ISEER Value is 5.33.
- The Econo Mode limits power consumption.
- The Power Chill Operation ensures that the room’s temperature drops rapidly during hot weather conditions.
- The Coanda Airflow is a unique functioning of this Split AC. The persuasive air draft is such that it doesn’t fall on your head directly. It steers the air upwards and towards the corners of the room for creating a cosy ambience.
- With the best Good Sleep Off Timer, you can set a temperature shift value. The Ac automatically stops as it elapses the pre-set time.
- It has 1-year warranty time on the product, one year on the condenser and five years warranty on compressor.
- It has copper condenser coils.
What We Like
- The ODU heat exchange mechanism increases the life of the Split AC.
- It comes with inbuilt stabilizer. The stabilizer protects the AC from any harm.
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have any additional advanced filters.
5. Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split Air Conditioner
It is the next generation Q series Inverter Split AC. This Blue Star Split AC adds a luxurious touch to any home with its five stars rated exceptional cooling performance. This AC comes with Self Diagnosis that tells you about the filter change and other things needed.
It has a wider application range that cools easily at high temperature and heats easily at low temperature. It provides you with comfort sleep by auto-adjusting the temperature as per the indoor-temperatures. The self-diagnosis feature alerts you immediately if there is any fault in the operation.
- It comes with a Dual Rotor Inverter Compressor for faster cooling.
- It operates on Brushless DC Motor (BLDC).
- It comes with great precision cooling technology. It ensures that you can set the temperature to any precise figure.
- The yearly energy consumption of these machines is 889.02 Kilowatt Hours.
- It comes with a 5-star energy efficiency rating.
- It features iFeel functioning that ensures desired comfort around you.
- It has an auto restart functionality that is useful in times of electric cuts.
- The brand provides 12 months warranty on the AC unit and 10-years on the compressor.
What We Like
- It creates a clean and fresh environment through its clean-filter that removes bacteria, dust and helps in maintaining efficiency.
- It is noise-free.
- Its cooling effect is quite good.
- It is budget friendly.
6. Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split Air Conditioner
Whirlpool is one of the Top Brands of Air Conditioners. This AC is equipped with 3D cooling technology and EnergySaver technology. The unique three vents draw away heat from the room and ensure up to 40% fast maximum cooling with a 12m high air-throw.
It adapts your cooling-needs while reducing energy usage. This AC comes with 100% pure copper that ensures more-durability. The turbo cool mode delivers high ambient cooling even in hot summers. The sleep-function gives you pleasant sleeping by auto-adjusting the settings. It’s Auto Restart feature plays a crucial functionality in case of power failures by automatically restart the AC with prefered-settings when the power is back.
- It has a 1.5 Ton capacity.
- It is the energy efficient with a 3-star energy rating.
- The product has a 1-year warranty on the product, one year on the condenser and 10 years warranty on the compressor.
- The product has a 6th sense of EnergySaver technology.
- Its advanced humidity sensors sense the room’s real feel temperature and give satisfactory-cooling in the monsoon season.
- These models perform the stabilizer free operation.
- The voltage protector can save the AC from any kind of damage due to wide voltage fluctuations.
- It uses R32 Eco Refrigerant which provides zero harm to the environment.
- It comes with Multi-Port Fluid Injection ( MPFI) Technology. It enhances cooling capacity and power savings.
- It supports PM 2.5 Filteration with HEPA Filter.
- It also features Self-Diagnosis that auto monitor and resolves problems.
What We Like
- It cools even at 55 degrees.
- It is highly energy efficient.
- It ensures instant comfort and fast cooling.
7. Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split Air Conditioner
This Voltas 1.5 Ton Split AC is one of the Best Air Conditioners that comes with voice control functionality. It works with Alexa enabled devices and comes with Wi-Fi connectivity. This Smart Alexa Air Conditioner allows you to operate your AC by giving simple voice commands to Alexa.
It comes with a Sleep mode, Turbo mode, and Anti-dust filter that promises a complete deal for clean and healthy air conditioning experience. The Self Diagnosis feature that enables you to detect the cause of any fault in the unit. In addition to this, these models assure a complete-deal for a healthy family by removing allergens and microbes.
- It is a 1.5 ton 3 star Inverter Split AC.
- Its yearly power consumption is 1122.45 kWh, and the operating voltage is 230 volts.
- These models come with an Active Dehumidifier that senses the indoor humidity and controls it in the monsoon.
- It provides multi-stage filtration advantage that filters the room-air.
- It features a sleep mode that maintains a comfortable temperature by cutting excessive cooling and power consumption.
- It features Smart Timer. You can set timing if switching the AC on or off through the Voltas Smart AC app.
- It comes with fan-speed control.
- It is the best split AC in India with a copper condenser that can withstand high pressure.
- Its 4-way auto louvre provides air uniformly across the bedroom.
- The company provides five years warranty on its compressor and 1-year warranty on product.
What We Like
- It gives you the comfort of operating Air Conditioner remotely.
- You can operate AC with voice command through the Echo device.
- It gives you instant cool air even at 50°C.
- The advanced air purifier provides cleaner air by removing harmful allergens, odours, etc.
- The Voltas 1.5 Ton 3-Star Split Air Conditioner consumes less electricity and saves energy.
8. Lloyd 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split Air Conditioner
It is the Best Split AC in India that comes with WiFi-enabled feature, with this functionality this Split Air Conditioner can be controlled from anywhere through your smartphone. Switch on your Split Air Conditioner even before reaching home and find your room comfortable and cool. It cools at 18-degree celsius in just 45 seconds. The self-diagnosis feature auto monitors and detects the issues or failures.
It comes with Twin Rotatory Compressor that ensures lesser noise level as they work with lower vibrations. With Easy Night Mode, it provides an uninterrupted sleep through pressing a single button on the remote. It specially features Smart 4-way swing that automatically circulates even-cooling in every corner of the room.
- It uses refrigerant R32 gas.
- Its annual-energy-consumption is 1111.93 units. Its energy rating is 3-star.
- It comes with a copper coil.
- It comes with the 4D Express-Cooling that delivers the cool-air from four sides.
- It reduces the compressor run time and results in uniform cooling.
- It comes with a BLDC motor that gives your power-packed performance by using less power.
- It has Fish Fin design Air Louver and Blue Fin Coils.
- It filtres PM 2.5 substances from the air to offer a good environment.
- With Self-Clean feature, it automatically cleans the evaporator coil.
- It has Electronic Expansion Valve that adjusts the refrigerant flow.
- It features active dehumidifier that regulates the level of humidity in the air.
- Llyod offers one year warranty on the product, five years on condenser and ten-years on the compressor.
What We Like
- It provides long term durability.
- It requires low maintenance.
- It has a silent operation.
- It is most suited Split AC for medium-sized rooms.
9. Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
This is the Best Split AC in India designed with technology that cools the environment of your home. It provides you with a powerful cooling experience while saving-power even at high ambient temperatures.
The exceptional-cooling and energy efficiency make this Air Conditioner the best choice for you. Its dust filters come with an antibacterial coating that works as an air purifier to make the air-clean by eliminating harmful particles. The sleep mode gives you a comfortable-sleeping experience by auto-adjusts the temperature settings as per the temperature of the room.
- It has a 5-star rating of energy.
- It comes with the inverter compressor that automatically adjusts energy depending on heat-load.
- It has wide-angle deflectors and the wave blade design to let the air flow on every corner of the room.
- It offers uniform airflow even at a temperature as high as 55 degrees.
- It comes with an automatic fan-speed, One-touch super cool and super silent feature.
- It comes with eco-friendly refrigerant.
- The level of noise is 31 dB.
- It has the best soft-dry technology to remove any bad odour from the room.
- The product has one year of warranty on the product, one year on a condenser and ten-years on the compressor.
What We Like
- This 1.5 ton Air Conditioner fits well to room size of 120-180 sq ft well.
- It performs stabiliser free operations.
- It comes with the anti-bacterial filter that removes harmful substance, dust and bacteria.
- It is quite in its function. It is perfect for your home or workspace.
10. LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
LG is the Trustworthy Air Conditioner Brand that dominates the market with its outstanding home appliances products. The excellent features of this LG unit exemplify the popularity of LG appliances throughout the country. Amongst many decent-features, Himalaya Cool Technology and Smart Airflow that gives faster air flows like a shower of water while saving-power.
It is one of the Best 1.5 Ton Air Conditioners that comes with R32-low GWP refrigerant to make the planet green. The dual Inverter Split AC (copper) has a different varied speed Dual Rotary compressor for quick cooling and energy saving. It has copper condenser tubes with special Ocean Black Protection feature that acts as a barrier against corrosive elements.
- It is a power saver 3-stars-rated 1.5 Ton inverter Air Conditioner.
- It is the best split AC in India that consumes of 1050.84 units.
- The unique Himalaya Cool Technology promises to cool you as soon as switches on the Split AC at your home.
- It has low refrigerator detection to detect the low refrigerant levels that can leave the room hot.
- It comes with an HD filter that removes the harmful particles.
- The Auto Clean function keeps the heat exchanger free from moulds and micro-organisms.
- With a rating score of 5, this 1.5 ton Air Conditioner ensures the most favourable cooling experience.
- It comes with a one-year warranty on product and ten-years warranty on compressor.
- The dual inverter compressor gives energy efficiency with easy maintenance.
- It offers extra-cost and saves a lot of energy by taking advantage of Active Energy Control.
What We Like
- It is the Hot Selling Dual Inverter Air Conditioner for a small and medium-sized room.
- The ocean black protection applied to both the indoor and outdoor units.
- It has a sleek and stylish design.
- This 3-star rated Split Air Conditioner is environment-friendly.
- It comes with the Gold Fin Condenser technology with special anti-corrosive that extends the life span of the Air Conditioner and its parts.
Best Split AC Brands in India
- Blue Star
Types of Split Air Conditioners
There are multiple types of Split Air Conditioners:
Wall-mounted Split AC is the most popular. It consists of a wall mounted indoor unit combined with an outside compressor. It is generally for small rooms that can be cooled uniformly.
The floor-mounted Air Conditioners are also known as a Tower or Vertical Air Conditioners. These are useful in rooms where you can’t install the Air Conditioner in your wall.
These are expensive than wall-mounted Air Conditioners and hence less popular for homes.
The ceiling-mounted air conditioners are also known as Cassette-type-split ACs. They look beautiful as the unit is concealed. However, this needs a false ceiling. The price range for this Split AC is higher than wall-mounted, or floor-mounted split-AC.
Multi-Split Air Conditioners
Multi-splits are multiple split air conditioners that are connected to one outdoor unit.
The indoor-unit can be used separately or at the same time. If both the groups are used, then the capacity of the AC’s will be divided. It saves installation space.
How to Choose a Split AC?
There are a lot of options available in the Indian market that makes you confused in every factor as most companies offer similar options. So, in this buying guide for this article, we have mentioned some important information that will help you to purchase the right product for your home at an online website or store. You need to keep the check the following things along with the basic features.
We hope this buying guide will help you to find the budget AC for your house or office.
It is a primary feature of a split type air conditioner. Most air-conditioners are ranked by tonnage.
1 ton = 12,000 BTU per hour
The cooling capacity of the best split AC depends on factors like:
- Size of the Room: It depends on the area of the living room where the Split AC will be installed.
- Number of People: The more the people that will be in the room, the higher will be the cooling wanted.
- Exposure: Exposure of any wall of the room to scorching sun leads to a higher cooling-requirement.
The tonnage of the AC can be selected based on the chart below.
|Room Size (sq ft)||Tonnage Capacity|
|Up to 90 sq ft||0.8 Ton|
|Up to 120 sq ft||1.0 Ton|
|Up to 180 sq ft||1.5 Ton|
|Up to 220 sq ft||2.0 Ton|
The outdoor unit of the air-conditioner is where the compressor and fan are located. If it is placed at a distance from the outer side of the room, noise levels can be reduced.
However, this can increase the installation cost of ducting and wire.
It is an essential factor to consider while choosing the best air conditioner. In summers, the AC would remain on for as long as 6-7 hours a day. With this daily usage, the electricity bills are sure to go high. For this reason, Inverter ACs have come up. Inverter ACs with a higher star rating cost a bit more but consume much less power, thereby saving money on your electricity bill in the long run.
Air conditioners efficiency is measured by the energy efficiency ratio (EER). The EER is the ratio of cooling capacity to the power-input (in watts).
The fan-circulates heated or cooled air around the room. Go for a model with a full airflow range and multiple speeds. Higher fan speed of the best split AC helps the room-place cool down quickly.
- Auto – This feature automatically chooses the mode required to keep the room at the selected temperature.
- Cool – Cool mode pumps heat from inside to the outside.
- Dry – The Dry mode dehumidifies the atmosphere. It provides some cooling, but not as much as a cooling mode.
- Fan Only – It blows-air without heating, cooling, or drying that is useful when all you want is a cooling-breeze.
- Economy – It is also called the Eco mode; this reduces energy usage.
Air Filters and Self-Cleaning
- ACs offer increasingly advanced air filtration systems, to remove allergens, mould, bacteria, odours, and dust.
- It is often appended by an auto clean function to keep the inside of the unit dry. Also, reduce the build-up of filth and the growth of mould. It also helps keep the unit running more efficiently. Some of the AC brands use silver ion filter for better performance.
New AC remotes come with attractive LED display and sensors that can monitor room temperature. Look for large, well-spaced buttons with easy-to-read labels, and a big, LCD screen.
Plus, purchase the product that provides an excellent service at your place. Reputed brands customer care service to there customers for product related queries or issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is An Inverter AC?
Generally, most of the split-ACs have a compressor in the outdoor unit. This compressor runs at a fixed speed. Inverter Technology is a new concept that changes the speed of the compressor automatically. It adjusts the compressor’s speed depending upon the heat load +to control the flow-rate of refrigerant gas, thereby utilising less power. Inverter Air Conditioners are more efficient than a fixed-speed Split AC.
2. What Does BTU Mean For An AC?
British Thermal Unit (BTU) is the international measure of energy. It is the amount of energy used to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.
I ton = 12,000BTU/hr.
2 ton = 24,000BTU/hr and so on.
3. What Is The Role Of Air Conditioning Refrigerants?
A refrigerant, also known as a coolant is an essential part of air conditioning. It is present in the form of gas. The compressor compresses this gas (refrigerant) and converts it into a liquid that has a high temperature.
When this liquid passes through the coils of the condenser, its temperature comes down whereas the pressure remains high. On releasing this liquid through an expansion valve, the AC reduces the pressure. This cold liquid then travels through the coils and absorbs the heat from the space. On absorption of heat, the liquid again evaporates and converts into a gas. And, the process continues.
Most commonly used refrigerants are CFC(R12), HCFC(R22), HFCs(R410A, R32, R14) and HC.
4. What Is the Difference Between 3-Star and 5-Star Split AC?
BEE prescribes star rating for various electronic products. High star rated ACs consume less energy as compared to the normal ACs with low star ratings. The primary difference between 3-star and 5-star AC is its efficiency. A 3-star air conditioner will not be as efficient as a 5-star inverter air conditioner. It utilises more power that in turn, increases the monthly electricity bill. However, a 3-star inverter AC is equivalent a 5-star usual split AC in terms of efficiency.
5. Which Is Better – Split Air Conditioner or Window Air Conditioner?
Both window air conditioner and split air conditioning units can be equally effective. The major difference between the two is that split-AC has two units (indoor and outdoor) whereas window air conditioners have a single unit.
6. How Can I Maximize The AC Output?
You can maximise the AC-output by following easy steps:
- Make sure that outdoor-unit of the AC is not blocked since it obstructs fresh air that AC needs to work efficiently.
- Drain out the moisture from the room properly.
- Protect the AC from direct sunlight. Curtains, sun-films on the window, blinds reduce the heat input into the room.
- A dirty filter also interferes with the working of an AC. Install the AC in such a way that the filter is easily accessible so that you can remove and cleanse it regularly.