In our present world, we can not live without our computers. Imagine if computers vanish for a day. The whole world goes down into chaos. Our everyday office task can’t be possible without computers.
When we work on computers, we deal with storage. Every file we create needs to store. Without storage, you can’t do anything on the computer.
CPU waits for HDD to feed and store the data. It is a time consuming and struggling process.
SSD are the latest addition to Hard Drives. SSD means Solid State Drive. They are faster in speed and better than Hard Drives. It combines the speed and capacity both.
A few years back, internal solid state drive was expensive, but now they are affordable. SSDs come with different models and capacity. If you need to store large files like photos, data, videos in the compressed form, then it is perfect for you.
We have prepared a list of Best SSD For Desktop, Laptop in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our SSDs reviews buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 SSD in India
|SSD||Capacity||Maximum Write Speed||Maximum Read Speed|
|Samsung 860 EVO||500 GB||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 550 MB/s|
|Crucial MX500||500 GB||Up to 510 MB/s||Up to 560 MB/s|
|Kingston A400||500 GB||Up to 450 MB/s||Up to 500 MB/s|
|WD Green||480 GB||Up to 430 MB/s||Up to 545 MB/s|
|Crucial BX500||480 GB||Up to 500 MB/s||Up to 540 MB/s|
|HP SSD S700||512 GB||Up to 515 MB/s||Up to 560 MB/s|
|Pioneer 3D NAND||480 GB||Up to 450 MB/s||Up to 520 MB/s|
|Intel SSD 545s||512 GB||Up to 500 MB/s||Up to 550 MB/s|
|ADATA SU650||480 GB||Up to 450 MB/s||Up to 520 MB/s|
|Sandisk SSD Plus||2 TB||Up to 450 MB/s||Up to 535 MB/s|
Which are the Top 10 Best SSD For Desktop, Laptop In India 2020?
1. Samsung 860 EVO
Samsung is the most famous technology brand. It has launched its internal solid state drive SSD and received a massive response from the people. It has satisfied the user intensions.
Samsung SSD has designed for laptops and computers. It is the Best SSD whose speed remains consistent, suitable for heavy workloads, and better for multitasking as well.
- Its dimensions are 10 x 0.7 x 0.7 Centimetres.
- Its memory capacity is 500 GB.
- Samsung SSD has turbo write technology and its sequential reads up to 550 MB/s.
- It is compatible with factors like speed, capacity, and multitasking.
- It has a hardware interface of sata iii 6.0 Gb/s.
- Internal solid state drive comes with a 5-year warranty if its gets damage.
- It is user-friendly and up to date.
What We Like
- Robust algorithm.
- Smart compatibility.
- It enhances performance.
2. Crucial MX500
Crucial MX500 SSD provides you high speed for work and tasks. You dont have to wait for the loading screen. It can carry all your files and boot up the system in one flash. This model has micron 3D NAND.
Internal solid state drive has integrated power immunity technology, which will save your big data on any unexpected power loss. It will collect 2TB data in any form of videos, documents, photos, music, etc.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It has micron 3D NAND.
- Its memory is 500 GB and has one processor count.
- It provides manual installation.
- Crucial sata iii ensures data preservation.
- It has faster booting and shut downtime.
- It is 90 times more efficient than hard drives.
- Also, It extends the battery life of laptops as compared to hard drives. It only uses 0.07 watts of power, whereas HDD use 6.8 watts.
What We Like
- Micron quality.
- Great level of reliability.
- Fast read/writes speed.
3. Kingston SSDNow A400
Kingston launched many external pen drives and storage devices years ago. Now they have excelled in the SSD also.
A procedure that needs a minute while using the hard disc it gets quickly done within a second.
Kingston SSD has the multi capacity. It is fast in speed and start-up. The most useful feature of Kingston is it is reliable and durable than hard drives. It also has a full-fledged hard drive replacement.
- This SSD is compatible with desktop and laptops.
- It transfers the data in just 600 MB per second.
- It has a memory size of 480 GB.
- Kingston length 10.3 x breadth 0.71 x height 7 Centimetres.
- This internal solid state drive has no chance of failure than a hard drive.
- It gives vast space for images, documented text, photos, and videos.
- You can transfer your hard drive and small SSD to this bigger one.
- It has Incredible boot and transfers time.
- An overall quick system.
- Ultra responsiveness.
What We Like
- It read and write speeds is 10x faster than HDD.
- It is shock and noise resistant when use with small notebooks and mobile.
- Ideal for desktop and laptops.
- Available with multiple capacity 120-480 Gb.
4. WD Green
Western Digital Green has created a buzz in the market. It has satisfied user expectations. This model of Western Digital has a single level to boost system performance. It has eased the everyday computing experience.
Western Digital consume the lowest power as compared to other SSDs. It ensures data safety.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Its dimensions are 3.96 x 2.75 x 0.28 inches
- It enhances the speed of daily tasks.
- Western Digital Green is a famous brand and compatible with all desktops.
- It gives you a free WD SSD dashboard.
- It provides upgradation.
- SSD consumes the lowest power to run your device in the long run.
- Western Digital Green makes you do multiple tasking.
- You can run several videos, edit images, load files, scan the virus at one time without slowing down the system.
What We Like
- Lightweight and Shock-proof.
- It is a value for money product.
- It has a variety of capacity and storage.
5. Crucial BX500
This internal solid state drive is 300 times faster than any hard drive. It has Micron 3D NAND technology. It will boost your system faster and load files quickly. This SSD improves the overall system.
Crucial is advancing the world’s storage and memory technology. It is the most reputable brand and works brilliantly. If you want your computer response as faster as your mobile phone, then you need the SSD. With the use of this SSD, you can use memory to increase the response time of your computer.
- It provides the storage space of 500 GB/s.
- The dimensions are 10.3 x 0.71 x 7 cm, and the hardware interface is sata iii 6.0 Gb/s.
- It has 3D NAND.
- It is portable.
- It will increase the write speeds up to 40 MB/s Read, 500 MB/s.
- You can easily upgrade and boost your system.
- Crucial has a legacy of derives and has an expert support system. You can reach and ask the query via email or chats while facing any problem with the installation.
What We Like
- Lightweight and long-wear product.
- Its online availability is good.
- Real-time results are excellent.
- No sounds and vibrations while processing.
6. HP Solid State Drive S700
Hp is a great brand. They have already succeeded in manufacturing computers and desktops. They have launched many computer accessories, and internal solid state drive is one of them. It uses 3NAND and provides large storage density.
This internal solid state drive supports the SLC cache and provides faster downloads. This best SSD has no moving part to slow down the system. It has the HP Controller Optimize Operation Algorithm.
- This internal solid state drive is compatible with all window PCs.
- Its installed memory size is 500GB and has the dimensions of 15.24 x 12.7 x 2.54 Centimetres.
- It has a hardware interface sata iii 6.0 Gb/s, and the data transfer rate is 6GB per second.
- It works smoothly and silently.
- HP SSD has a higher-order LPDC error connection for real-time error connection.
- This is a professional level security key write process that protects against viruses and hacks.
- It has four flush memory channels for fast and stable performance.
- It is good to write speeds and power saver.
- It improves the running speed and efficiency while programming or video editing.
What We Like
- High in demand.
- User-Friendly as it comes with the user manual.
- Dynamic and Static support.
- Lightweight and long durable.
7. Pioneer 3D NAND
Pioneer is the low cost internal solid state drive to upgrade your laptops and desktops. It has impressive features like error connection and garbage collection. It also offers you self-monitoring.
Pioneer SSD provides the best user experience. It gives you the fast speed (520 MB/s) and Writes speed (240 GB up to 400 MB/s, 480 GB up to 450 MB/s). It has 3D NAND Flash and comes with a three year warranty and 60TBW (Terabytes Written). It gives you 70 GB (Read/Write) daily workload.
- Pioneer SSD has TLC Flash.
- Transfer and delivery speed with 3D NAND Flash.
- It has Anti-shock and Anti Vibrating.
- SLC cache technology, which delivers high read/write speed of 500 MB/s and 480 Mb/s.
- It is much faster than the old Hard disk.
- It has an advanced LPDC error connection.
- This sata iii has S.M.A.R.T self-monitoring.
- It offers you the advanced user manual and with no screws, cables, and brackets.
- Its read writes speed is amazing.
What We Like
- It is compatible with desktops and computers.
- It is very lightweight.
- It offers data security.
8. Intel SSD 545s Series
Intel is a well-known name in the techno industry. They always bring new ideas, form factor and new products. The intel SSD545s standouts at all results. It has everything for what you are looking for in the internal solid state drive.
It comes with 3D Tripple level cell and has SATA 6GB/s 550 Mbps transfer rate. Intel SSDs are accessible to install and gives you a fasten user experience.
- It is reliable to install.
- You will enjoy the quicker boot and application loadings.
- Your everyday peace of work will perform at just one click.
- Its digital and memory storage capacity is 512GB.
- It will boost your PC performance and write speeds.
- Intel is known for its high standard, there is no place for any damage and defects.
- It provides you real-time access with a saving of power, money, and energy.
- It is the most trusted and well-known brand. You can fully rely on this.
- The data handling process is uncomplicated.
- This internal solid state drive has a unique design, which is a customer favourite.
What We Like
- Not difficult to upgrade.
- Reliable and long life.
- Intel products are always user and budget-friendly.
9. ADATA Ultimate SU650
This internal solid state drive is the new generation 3D NAND Flash. It has advanced features for storage and efficiency. It comes with a three year warranty. You can move the data fastly from HDD to SSD. It is suitable for notebooks and desktops.
The AData Ultimate reaches read/write speeds of 520MB/s and 450MB/s to accelerate PCs. It has an advanced error correction code. It will fix all the errors and bugs to maintain data security.
- This internal solid state drive is relying on 3D NAND.
- You can transfer the data with just one click.
- It is cost-effective and reliable.
- It has features like Advanced error correction.
- They are entirely silent, produce no sound, and use less power. Its vibrations(1500G/0.5m) and high temperature is (0°C-70°C).
- It provided an SSD toolbox to manage. It allows users to monitor and controls the internal solid state drive.
- It drives status and lifetime info.
- It provides back up, form factor and transfers the data of entire drives, including the O.S.
What We Like
- Its speed is higher through the roof of HDD.
- Budget-friendly and availability are super.
- Lightweight and long durable.
- User-friendly and fast read/write speeds.
- It provides the toolbox to manage the SSD by the user.
10. Sandisk Solid State Drive Plus
Sandisk is excellent for an old 1TB spinning hard drive. It provides 20 times more speed than a hard disk. Sandisk provides the fastest bootup, shutdown, and application loading. It is shock and vibrations proof.
It is the Best SSD that provides sequential read speeds of up to 535MB/s. It is smooth as compared with other SSDS. It does not offer any ruckus.
- The digital storage is 2000 GB.
- It balances performance, durability, and reliability.
- The good part of this product is that it does not get overheated.
- It is long battery life.
- It is Shock-resistance and has no vibration.
- You will find the product manual for step by step, installing instructions.
- It does not have any moving parts and improves the speed of laptops.
- Also, it offers SLC. Therefore it improves burst write performance.
What We Like
- Fast read/write speed.
- It provides upgradation.
- It comes with data security.
- User-friendly manual.
Best SSD Brands
What Is SSD and How It Works?
Most people end up buying expensive and advanced CPU system. But they do not get the exact pairing device for storage. CPU can process multiple cycles per second. The storage devices are not capable of transmitting the data fast.
If you are fed up with the sandbox icon, the screen and always stuck on the loading page no what you are trying to do. Then you really need SSD for yourself.
There are many ways to speed up your computer system. It will not only reduce the bootup time, but also it reduces the time for loading applications or programs.
Moving files and data just ends up with a blink of your time. It takes no time. Deleting files is just a quick process.
Difference Between HDD and SSD
- Hard disc are storage devices that use platters to store or retrieve data. It is generally a struggling process as compared with SSDs. Solid State Drives are much faster as compared with hard drives. They have no moving parts, it uses huge memory size to store and retrieve data.
- CPU are made up of advanced technology. They process threads and needs equal storage to store data where HDD lacks.
- Internal solid state drive are the greatest initiative for HDD. It has a flash drive technology. It is multiple times faster than the HDD. When it comes to virtual reality, high tech games need rapid speed and storage. Gone are the days with 8-bit games. To install these kinds of tech games, you need similar engines. Fortunately, we have SSDs that solve our problem. They are better at speed and capacity as compared to HDD.
- We are not saying that HDD are bad. Internal solid state drive gives you speed and capacity, but HDD has longevity and are in budget control. They are much longer than SSD while you are using it for years usage.
- The main reason why HDD set back is that it spends lots of time to find a particular space to store the data, whereas, in SSD, it carries the data placed it anywhere on the drive.
What Are The Uses Of SSD?
SSD is the newest trend for data storage. The internal solid state drive is expected to go more over the period. The importance of hard disk drives is very immense. But if compared it with the SSD, it goes out. Hard disk has become weakest while distributing the information from the data center to the end-user.
Durability and resistance: SSDs are more durable and resistant. If you drop your laptop on the ground and it has internal solid state installed. Your monitor will break down, but your SSD remains stable and safe. That is what we mean about durability and resistance.
Speed: SSD has speed up to 35 to 100 microseconds. It delivers 100 times more performance than HDD and results in instant loading, faster boot time, and responsiveness. It improves your online performance and read/write speeds.
Easy to Carry: SSDs are made of lightweight components. They are more travel-friendly.
Efficiency: The Solid State Drive uses memory to store the data. Flash memory provides more efficacy and reliability as mobile does. They use less power to function. The user are benefited by the longer life of their system.
Easy installation: Installing SSDs is the most effortless process. You dont need to have specialized installing experience. They provide you with the user manual for step by step installation.
How to choose the Best SSD?
When you are looking for a storage device, you look after the storage capacity. The solid-state drives come with different variants. From the lowest of 40GB to exceeding hundreds of GBs. It completely depends on how you want to use it.
You want to replace the hard drive of the computer entirely, or you want to work in conjunction with each other. It means that some data will be stored in the hard drive, and some will be stored in SSD. You can use the hard drive for storing the external data and SSD for holding the OS files or applications.
The measurement of the performance of SSD is to read/write speed or Sequential Read. Sequential write is mostly written on the label of SSDs. It speeds generally goes up to 500 MB/s and read speed is slower than when it comes to writing.
Random Transfer Rate
The next parameter we checked is that the random transfer of data rate, or Data Random Transfer Rate. It basically refers to the speed of data to read and write at the random location on the drive.
The next thing you worry about is your Solid State Drive that it exhibits this command. It is a command used by the operating system that tells the SSD which data is no longer needed and can be deleted or marked as free for rewriting in the future.
Budget is the crucial factor that plays a vital role while selecting the SSDs. The SSDs are available in the range of 120GB to 2TB.
Naturally, the lowest capacity drives with 120GB is the cheapest as compared to the other versions of GBs.
The higher the capacity of the drives, the more expensive it will be. The smaller ones do not hold enough storage of the software. The difference in price-amount between 250Gb and 500GB drives could be (INR 3000 to 7000).
You need to select the SSD which fits in your budget and fulfil your data storing needs.
ECC stands for error connection code. It is safe from any corrupting files, viruses, or malware. If you are thinking of choosing the ECC support SSD, then please go for it. It will bring tons of data security.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Solid State Drives better than HDDs?
Yes, Solid State Drive is far better than HDD. It is far better than the standard HDD. HDD have moving parts, whereas SSDs do not. They give you shield against viruses, bugs, malware but don’t find risk cover in SSDs. Besides this, SSDs come with Flash memory, which you will find in mobile phones. It does the action within a blink of an eye. It is faster in speed, whereas you will not find this feature in HDD. In SSDs Boot uptime, transfer rate and loading time is a hundred times higher than HDD. They are low in gear.
2. Do you really need SSDs?
The answer to this totally focused on user needs. If you really fed up low speed and your work gets affected by the flat rate. Then you really need SSDs. It will boost your performance. Your file loading and data transfer is just a matter of second.
3. Do SSDs are worth it and value for money?
SSDs are expensive, and the reason very well explained in the entire guide. It is faster in speed, it performs a hundred times better than HDD, flash memory to transfer data in a click, and many more. If you are okay with the speed of your computer and its efficiency, then its really good. But if you are if you dont find it profitable to sit and waits for data transfer, many more things. Then you should definitely invest in the SSDs.
4. Is 250 GB Solid State Drive enough for me?
There is no limit of data that can SSD stores. 250 GB SSD is mostly enough for some people. The other answer to this question is, do you really want to replace the entire HDD with the SSD, or you want the dual configuration with HDDs.
If you go with the entire replacement, then 250 GB capacity is enough in an optimal way. Its read and writes speed is good. But if you want to use the HDD as well, then 40GB or 80GB is right for you as well.
5. What capacity would you need for a Solid State Drive?
SSDs comes with different capacity. It usually depends on the activities you do on your computer. 128 GB, 250 GB, 500 GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB. You can also adjust the SSD with different storage capacities to save money. As of now, the 500GB capacity of SSD is okay for a normal user. The high-end capacity for SSD is expensive and mostly be used by professionals.
6. How long Solid State Drives last?
The average estimated life of SSD is for about 3-4 years. Some SSD from local brands does not last for this specific period. You should definitely read the above mentioned SSDs and check their warranty period before purchasing. SSDs will never get an occasional failure. They are free from any damage or defects.