Whey proteins is a naturally-occurring dairy protein fraction. It is a complete set as it contains nine essential amino acids. It serves strong immunity, efficient muscle gain and recovery, and increases the overall benefits of physical activity.
Protein is a vital part of a healthy diet. Eggs, fishes, pulses, beef, chicken are common protein foods. Protein is also found in potatoes, rice, nuts, etc. However, proteins found in these sources can’t be considered as essential proteins. If you are thinking of eating eight white eggs and five chicken breast every-day, then trust us, it isn’t an easy task. But you don’t need to worry. It is a better alternative for protein intake. It provides the required amount of protein with guaranteed results.
A protein shake is digested quickly and fulfil the requirement of protein. It results in the constant flood of amino acids in the body.
Further, if you are skinny or underweight, it helps you to gain weight and mass. It is a building block supplement. Research suggests that taking a protein powder with resistance training enhances body strength. It also aids in fat reduction.
We have prepared a list of Best Whey Protein in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Whey Protein buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Whey Protein for Men and Women in India
|Whey Protein Powder||Quantity|
Which are the Top 10 Best Whey Protein in India 2021?
1. Advance MuscleMass Supplement Powder
It is the Best Whey Protein in India for muscle mass. It comes with zero gram of sugar; it gives 76% of protein content per scope. It does not harmful elements that makes it 100% authentic and genuine. It helps users to gain the exact amount of protein content and serves great results.
It is made to fulfil the daily needs of body builders. It contains whey proteins that is better than other proteins. With DigeZyme advantage, it can improve the digestion of the food, better absorption of the nutrients and keeps healthy. Thus, this protein drink is the perfect before or Post workout-session.
- Its net weight is 1 kg.
- It gives 24.7 gram of protein content single serving.
- It provides 5.3 gram of BCAA and 3.96 gram of Glutamine per serving.
- These protein supplements come with a rich chocolate flavour with 31 servings.
- It is 100% original and pure.
- It is made using whey from the USA that assures the quality.
- It is a mix of whey protein that is the superior protein form. It is the main-ingredient and primary protein source.
- It can help in losing weight and reduces health risks.
- It enhances fitness and stamina of the body.
- It builds lean-muscle and enhances healing fast.
What We Like
- It is FSSAI approved.
- It balances the weight gain.
- Its taste is good and doesn’t contain any side-effect.
- It is light on the stomach and digests faster.
- It has no side-effects.
2. Sinew Nutrition Instantised Whey Protein
It is a top-quality supplement produced in the US. It contains excellent standard protein from reputed international sources. It contains wide-range of amino acids, that are absorbed immediately. It is Gluten Free, Cold Processed, Non-GMO certified and comes with a 100% whey.
It works in many specific applications as possible. It’s advance filtration system process the incoming whey in a gentle fashion. It is formulated for the gym-goers and regular body-builders to satisfy the post workout needs.
- It provides 4g Glutamine, 5g BCAA, 1.5 g carbs, 23.7g Protein in one serving.
- It mixes easily in water with ease, leaving no residue.
- It strengthens thin-muscle and lessens its loss.
- It is the preferred choice for the gym-goers and sports champion.
- It boosts your energy level. It gives ultimate power for intense workouts for extended periods.
What We Like
- It is free from gluten.
- It results in balancing weight loss.
- It assists to lose weight effectively.
- It has 1.5 g of carbs and 0.069g of cholesterol in each serving.
- It doesn’t contain any artificial ingredients.
- It gives the right consistency when mixed with water & milk.
What We Didn’t Like
- Its taste is worse.
- It is not suitable for those with lactose intolerance.
3. As-It-Is Nutrition Whey Protein
This Whey Protein Powder has a clean and pure protein. It manufactures as per GMP standard to ensure that makes it 100% Dope free. It is tested to get rid of microbial contamination, heavy metals, and impurity. With an intake of one scoop, you will get 1.5 g of fats & 2.5 g of carbs.
This Whey Protein contains the most beneficial possible ingredients for making your favourite beverage. You can use it in smoothies, protein shake, pancakes, and juices. It is for the people who do struggle or strenuous exercise in the gym for body building. This unflavored, unsweetened Powder retains necessary minerals and nutritives in the body.
- It comes with a quantity of 1 kg.
- Each portion of 30g contains 24 g of protein and 5.4 g of BCAAs.
- It is suitable for those who love the extreme workout.
- You can use it before and after your workout.
- It provides you with an option to add the flavor as per your choice.
What We Like
- It is Non GMO and Gluten-Free.
- It is free from preservatives and additives.
- It has zero gram of sugar and contains 1.5g of fat content.
- It is pure vegan.
- It can control excess weight gain
- It is useful for the growth of muscle.
- It can help in maintaining weight and resolves weight loss concerns.
What We Didn’t Like
- Its taste is not good.
4. Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Protein Powder
It is a complete protein that helps to gain or maintain mass. It is the first protein mixture that contains all three forms of whey (WPC, WPI, WPH) in one. It comes in the most loving chocolate flavor. With enrichment in BCAA, it improves performance.
It contains ingredients that build muscular-mass. It helps in post-workout recovery. It is the mixture of high-grade proteins and nutrients like minerals, vitamins, taurine, and calcium that can be easily consumed with water or milk. It can provide many benefits to fitness-oriented people.
- It has herbal ingredients. They are Asthisamhara, Ashvagandha, and Pomegranate. It improves bone health.
- Pomegranate demotes soreness.
- Its net weight is 2 kg.
- It contains Hadjod that relieves joints pain and recovers connective tissues.
- It is a mixture of better nutrition and proteins like vitamins, minerals, calcium, and taurine.
- Fitness lovers consume one heaped tablespoon once a day.
- Vitamin C, E and B-complex assist in performance and overall metabolism.
What We Like
- It is purely vegetarian.
6. MuscleBlaze Beginner’s Supplement
It is one of the Best Protein Powder for beginners. It is sugar-free with 0.95 gram of fat. A strenuous exercise leaves your pain in muscles. It is great to get rid of the pain. It is one of the top-rated whey protein powders for men & women. It comes with all the necessary nutritives to offer benefits to people who work-out.
It is prepared with 9-essential amino acids that give deep nourishment to your body. It has the ability to broken down and absorb fast. This is one of the best protein supplements that give the body a boost before and after the workout. Take it with milk or water to attain fruitful results.
- Its 1 kg chocolate flavour tastes good and assists in the building muscle.
- It provides 12g of protein in 30g of serving.
- It gives 5.5g of EAAs with 2.6g of BCAA’s. It keeps your body in the anabolic state.
- This protein-rich supplement is perfect for fitness lovers.
- It is free from any banned substance. So, you don’t need to bother about the chemicals.
- It is absorbed faster by the body to fill the post-workout-protein demands. It supplies proteins to your body.
What We Like
- It doesn’t contain sugar.
- It is a vegan product.
- It is a tasty protein powder.
- It is reliable to consume.
5. MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein
This is one of the Best-quality Raw Whey Protein in India. It comes with the rawest and cleanest form of Protein concentrate without sweetener and flavors. It has gone through multiple tests to guarantee the purity of the powder. It is manufactured only with one ingredient that is 80% Protein Concentrate.
Muscle Blaze provides high-quality whey protein powder for fitness enthusiasts. It contains a rich source of BCAAs and bioactive components. With minimal processing, it assures that the nutrients are being preserved in the most original form. It is great value for money for the budget-conscious customers.
- It is an unflavoured and unsweetened.
- It promotes protein-synthesis for sufficient-mass build-up.
- It provides an anti-microbial effect against ulcers and other gastric mucosal injuries.
- It reduces fat and develops lean muscle.
- It is a veg powder. So, it is an ideal choice for vegetarians.
- It helps in muscle building by delivering 80% protein content.
- It delivers 24 grams of protein content per 30g serving.
- You can use it to prepare your protein dishes such as a smoothie, protein shake, pancakes, bars, and ice creams.
What We Like
- It is 100% gluten and fat-free.
- It is an ideal choice for a gym enthusiast.
- It has no sugar.
- It is a nutritional Whey Protein Powder.
- You can digest it with ease because it is added with digestive enzymes.
7. MuscleBlaze Whey Gold 100% Isolate with Digezyme
It is the most premium protein for the fitness enthusiast and bodybuilding companions. It is a trusted brand that offers the purest form of whey and sets a higher quality benchmark for others. With 25-gram whey protein powder per 30-gram serving, it is the most-authentic product available in the market. It meets all international quality standards to guarantees the presence of high-grade raw material.
This Whey Protein is a blend of digestive enzymes that improves the speed of digestion. With 1.65g carb and 0.46g fat per serving, it reinforces the purity of the protein. It provides 5.5g BCAA and 11.75-gram of EAAs in a serving to support anabolism and lean muscle gain. It is a complete-range of amino acids that speed-up recovery. Thus, this mass gainer fulfills all the increased protein demand of fitness lovers.
- It comes with a rich milky chocolate flavor.
- It maximized mass-gain in professional athletes.
- It improves the fatigue threshold and endurance in the fitness companions.
- The whey isolate ensures superior muscle recovery.
- It absorbs rapidly in the body and reaches the muscles undergoing repair.
- It contains three BCAAs including Leucine & Isoleucine.
- This whey isolate raises the protein-synthesis to reduce soreness in the muscle.
What We Like
- It is 100% vegetarian.
- It contains no dopping ingredients.
- It is approved by FSSAI.
- It is made in a HACCP certified facility.
- It has undergone various quality checks.
8. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Powder
It is the world’s largest producer of sports nutrition products.Whey Gold Standard is one of the great outcomes of this brand. This Whey Isolates are the most purified forms of supplements today. It is a blend of high-protein foods and protein supplements that makes it capable to meet your daily protein needs.
It is combined with ultra-filtered whey protein concentrate and provides 24 g of protein. It is a perfect combination of protein-foods and protein. It is a fast-digesting that is suitable for post-work-out. Consuming whey-protein once-or-twice a day helps in the growth and development of the body. So, add this to your diet and enjoy the true strength of whey.
- There are 5.5 g of naturally occurring Branched Chains Amino Acids (BCAAs), leucine, and valine in each serving.
- It provides you with 24 g of protein per serving.
- It contains 120 calories.
- It provides 4g of glutamine and glutamic acid in each serving.
- You can use it three times a day:
- In the morning.
- Pre or Post Workout-Session.
- It contains WPI whey peptides and concentrates of whey protein.
- It comes in various flavours such as Banana Cream, Cake Batter, Chocolate Coconut, and so on.
What We Like
- It is a fast digestive protein.
- It has various flavours.
- It contains digestive enzymes lactase.
9. Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Isolate Powder
It is one of the Best Protein Supplement that is developed to meets the needs of athletes. It is a blend of all important and non-essential amino acids. It is packed with an impressive 25 grams of protein in each 35-gram scoop. With the perfect amount of muscle-gaining subsistence, it strengthens the muscles after the hard exercise of both short and long duration.
This Whey Protein contains all the fractions such as beta-lactoglobulin, immunoglobulins, serum albumin, lactoferrin, lactoperoxidase, etc. With 6 grams of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) content, it assists to recover faster and more efficiently. It contains 1 gram of fat per scoop that aids to lose weight fast and gain muscle more swiftly without the sugar. So, bring this Prostar to fuel-up your muscles.
- This whey protein isolate comes in the packing of 5 lbs.
- It comes with cookies and cream flavor.
- The right amount of protein content boosts energy and performance.
- It comes with a superior-quality macronutrient-formula of protein.
- It is customized and isolated by the low-temperature processing system.
- It can be helpful for muscle growth.
- It ensures the highest class product by utilizing the micro and ultrafiltration process.
- It is a better absorbable as compared to others.
What We Like
- It is one of the effective protein supplements that contain low fat.
- It has a great taste.
- It enhanced muscle-recovery.
- It is free of artificial flavors and colors.
10. MuscleTech Nitrotech Performance Series
It comes for adult males to build muscle and to support protein synthesis. It is enhanced with the most studied form of creatine for musclebuilder. With scientific engineering, it is for those who are looking for more strength, and better performance. It is the cleanest and refined form of protein powder available in the market.
It comes with branched chain amino acids and essential amino acids. It is specially built for Indian consumers. Buy it and Use this product regularly to increase muscle protein-synthesis for more size and strength. Consume it between major meals and after exercise by mixing one scoop with cold water or skim-milk to achieve superior results.
- It offers ten servings.
- It is a superior combination of fast-absorbing proteins, vitamins, and minerals per serving.
- It every scoop contains a full scoop of protein.
- It contains 30g protein, 30g creatin, 6.8g BCAAs, 5g glutamine, and precursor.
- It comes with a rich chocolate flavoring.
- It is the superior protein powder formula.
- It comes with a whey isolate as a primary source.
- It raises more lean-muscle than regular whey.
- It amplifies recovery, performance & strength.
What We Like
- It is 100% real product.
- It is free from fillers.
- It helps boost immunity and energize the person.
- It is easy to digest.
- It does not contain underdosed key ingredients and banned substances.
Best Whey Protein Brands in India
- Advance MuscleMass
- As-It-Is Nutrition
- Optimum Nutrition
- Sinew Nutrition
- Ultimate Nutrition
Other Models That You May Consider
- Bsn Syntha-6 Protein Powder
- Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein Powder
- Isopure Low Carb Whey Protein
How to Choose the Whey Protein?
There are three types of Whey Proteins. They are:
It has the lowest amount of protein in the three kinds. It carries 29 to 89 per cent whey protein. Other 11 to 71% contain high quantities of immune-enhancing peptides such as immunoglobulins, alpha-lactalbumin, and fat.
Whey Isolate contains 90% of protein with least fat. The cost of Whey Isolate is high as compared to the whey concentrate. It is a good option for gym-goers. Whey Isolate contains less lactose, so you can take it without worrying about the allergy.
Whey Hydrolysate is the most expensive whey protein in all the three. These types of powder are packed with 99% of protein. Bodybuilders and athletes use this type of protein powder. It helps in giving maximum amino acid throughout the night. It is commonly practised in therapeutic supplements, and infant formulas due to it’s improved digestibility and decreased allergen potential. It breaks down the peptide, the building blocks of proteins and helps in quicker absorption. The only negative point is its taste is not right.
Whey protein is the most recommended supplement as it develops your muscles. Whey Protein contains essential oils and non-essential amino-acids required by the human body. This shouldn’t carry more than 7 to 10 ingredients. It should include low fat, low carb and high protein.
Brand and Quality
It will help if you consider top brands with good ratings. You must pick an organic one that has natural ingredients. All the manufacturers claim that their products allows significant muscle gain in some days.
Since it is a question of your health, purchase a product only after thoroughly studying about the brand and the product. You should always choose the products from reliable brands.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is A Whey Protein?
Whey Protein a by-product of cheese production that is sold as a dietary supplement in protein shakes and powders. It is a perfect fast-absorbing and high-quality protein. Whey protein is an ideal supplement for pre-workout and post-workout. It is the healthiest way to add sufficient protein to your diet. It is essential for athletes or people who need to grow muscles.
2. What Amount Of Whey Protein Should I Take?
Sportspersons and gym-goers need whey protein in high-quantity. Whey is a kind of dairy-product. So, if you have an allergy from dairy-products, you should avoid it. Those who have allergy from lactose should also take caution from whey protein. If you are consuming protein more than enough, it may cause calcium loss and Osteoporosis. So, take enough whey that suits your needs.
3. When To Take Whey?
The perfect time to take whey protein is within one hour of completing your workout.
In The Morning: It is an ideal time to take whey protein. It delivers proteins and prevents muscle breakdown. It also helps you lose fat.
Post Workout: It is another crucial time to take the protein powder when your body can feel exhausted after gyming, cycling, jogging or running on Treadmills. It is the time when your muscles are under critical stress. You need protein at that time. It powders to speed-up the recovery of the muscles after exercise-session.
4. Does Whey Expire?
Yes. it expires like the other dairy products. You should check the expiry date that shows in the product label. Most protein powders run for two years in total. It isn’t a safe idea to use the expired product.
5. Is Whey Healthy?
If you are taking whey protein powder as per your need, it gives you many health benefits. However, if you take it in excess, it may cause health problems.
Taking too much whey may cause digestive issues. Some people experience symptoms such as gas, bloating, diarrhoea and stomach problems. These proteins are healthy. The recommended dose of whey protein is 1 to 2 scoops.
6. Is Whey Protein Vegan?
Yes. Most of the whey is vegetarian. We have listed all the veg protein powders. If you are a vegan, you can buy any one of the mentioned products.
7. How Much Whey Protein Should I Take?
It depends on individual need. Dosage should be 1 to 2 scoops (25 to 50 g) per-day, after work-outs. Follows the serving instructions as described on the package.
8. Does Whey Protein Have Lactose?
Yes. Whey protein contains fat & lactase. If you are lactose-intolerant person, you can use Isolate Protein Powder. They contain fewer carbs and little or no lactase. ON Gold Standard is a protein having less amount. It is a suitable option for the intolerant.
9. What Are The Benefits Of Whey?
Whey Protein is a essential macronutrient that helps in gaining muscle and repairing muscle tissue. It fulfils all the protein needs of your body.
Whey Protein has many health benefits if taken cautiously:
- Body Weight management
- Growth Of Muscle
- Fulfil the requirement of the body.
- Reduce extra fat.